British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Adam Roynon

are you saying that rider's are actually riding their bikes after 3 days on the beer and texting at the same time ???,,, lol

No but I am implying re riders stating there exhausted due to all the travel etc

When you're tired your concentration levels drop like a stone.

• Like 1

No but I am implying re riders stating there exhausted due to all the travel etc

a know,,, when am tired, a don't even know how to turn the telly off ;-)

having had previous knocks to the head, his fatigue levels will increase also...good point.

Speedy recovery of course............ BUT Adams licence should be suspended until he has been given clearance by the correct medical experts...for his own good.

• Like 1

Should speedway follow a similar suit to boxing that riders should have brain scans every year before they are re-issued their licence. I have spoken to a few riders and they don't really seem to realise the dangers of concussion, which Is quite worrying in itself especially considering the amount of times they ride during a season.

This is a difficult one isn't it, logic says Adam should pack it in now. SCB and others make some good points about how much more the body can take and he does seem to get 'damaged' far too easily. But you meet him he is so passionate about the sport and such a lovely man and clearly does want to give up the sport he loves so much that you can't help feel that you would just love him to get back on his bike, be reasonably successful and stay crash/injury free.

Great, great lad and I hope he makes the right decision....

• Like 9

Slightly surprised by all this concussion discussion (see what I did there!!).

Was he definitely concussed on Sunday?

The announcer said he had taken his own helmet off but was complaining about back pain.

And certainly on this occasion he didn't do anything wrong - just wrong place/wrong time with a rider passing him following second bend bunching.

Have to agree with the vast majority of posts, hope Adam will call it a day. Just hope he recovers well from this latest smash, good luck Adam.

Edited by remembertheracers
  • Like 1

such a shame this has happened to Adam again. I consider him a friend and genuinely believe without injury he would of been british number 2 right now and a GP rider (some may laugh at that but i think he has all the talent in the world and dedication to go with it) he is one of the nicest guys you can meet (travelled 200 miles to bring his bike to my wedding so we could hav epictures taken with it). I have to say tho i now dread following updates or watching him race as its always in the back of mind that if he crashes it will be a bad injury. I would say the reason he keeps returning is that he believes that the majority of his crashes arent his fault and is just on the recieving end of bad luck

• Like 7

Slightly surprised by all this concussion discussion (see what I did there!!).

Was he definitely concussed on Sunday?

The announcer said he had taken his own helmet off but was complaining about back pain.

And certainly on this occasion he didn't do anything wrong - just wrong place/wrong time with a rider passing him following second bend bunching.

Was he or has he ever been tested for concussion after any of his accidents ?

When i say i hope he calls it a day, i say it not with any ill will towards Adam whatsoever, as most people who know him, he is a lovely guy, always ready to have a chat, or have his pic taken, but for whatever reason he picks up these injuries year in, year out, and i think almost everyone wishes him well, but there comes a time when enough is enough.

When he had his injury last season i was thinking then its almost reached the time to say, enough. Surely the BSPA could offer him the role that Phil Morris used to do with the Under 15,s okay maybe there isnt much money (if any) involved, but Adam could still get on a bike and show the youngsters how to do it on Track, he would still be involved with Speedway (if he wants to be) but as a mentor to the Young Kids we have coming through. I dont think there is one person who has commented on here who is thinking anything other than whats best for Adam, i certainly am not.

• Like 2

When i say i hope he calls it a day, i say it not with any ill will towards Adam whatsoever, as most people who know him, he is a lovely guy, always ready to have a chat, or have his pic taken, but for whatever reason he picks up these injuries year in, year out, and i think almost everyone wishes him well, but there comes a time when enough is enough.

When he had his injury last season i was thinking then its almost reached the time to say, enough. Surely the BSPA could offer him the role that Phil Morris used to do with the Under 15,s okay maybe there isnt much money (if any) involved, but Adam could still get on a bike and show the youngsters how to do it on Track, he would still be involved with Speedway (if he wants to be) but as a mentor to the Young Kids we have coming through. I dont think there is one person who has commented on here who is thinking anything other than whats best for Adam, i certainly am not.

I remember reading he was a fully qualified football referee at about 16 years old, so he could take up reffing a sport rather that taking part in one.

I remember reading he was a fully qualified football referee at about 16 years old, so he could take up reffing a sport rather that taking part in one.

Speedway ref ? Imagine having a guy in the box who can actually understand the riders point of view .IMHO I feel Adam would be a great guy to work as an ambassador for the sport and help promote speedway , he always comes over really well when interviewed and is one of the more articulate riders around today . I feel he'd be a great choice to go round the country as part of a roadshow of British Speedway promoting in schools in the surrounding areas of the countries tracks

• Like 3

Sounds harsh but if the bspa had anything about them they would suspend him until 2016 & make him have a full medical with brain scan before he raced again.