British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Adam Roynon

Sounds harsh but if the bspa had anything about them they would suspend him until 2016 & make him have a full medical with brain scan before he raced again.

The BSPA dont issue riders licenses. Not sure if it is in their remit to withdraw his license

The BSPA dont issue riders licenses. Not sure if it is in their remit to withdraw his license

They are both in the same building and something should be done now to stop the kid from further damage.

I am Not saying they should call an end to his racing career but at least a long break and a serious medical check up after a 6 month break.

are you saying that rider's are actually riding their bikes after 3 days on the beer and texting at the same time ???,,, lol

I'm at Poole next week, i'll let you know

• Like 1

As I said before concussion is now a serious issue across all sports now , some thing that started in the NFL. IMHO its probably because the authorities are terrified about any future litigation that may arise

You're spot on about the dangers of concussion. I don't think this increased attention to it is due to fears of litigation, though.

We're only really starting to get an understanding of the longer-term effects of multiple concussions. It is essential that the brain is given time to heal properly, plus the frequency of concussions should be minimised.

What can seem like a minor injury can actually have very serious long-term effects if not managed and monitored carefully.

Hopefully Adam makes a speedy recovery.

• Like 1