British Speedway Forum
AllyN

Banks's Olympique, Wolverhampton, 23/03/15 @ 7:30pm

I'll be making my first trip to Monmore Green for this meeting & am fair looking forward to it.

Can anyone confirm the full line up?

I'll be making my first trip to Monmore Green for this meeting & am fair looking forward to it.

Can anyone confirm the full line up?

Ricky Wells, Aaron Summers, Jacob Thorssell, Lasse Bjerre, Freddie Lindgren, Scott Nicholls, Rory Schlein, Jakub Jamrog, Kenneth Hansen, Lewis Blackbird, Josh Bates, Chris Harris, TBC, Tobias Musielak, Peter Karlsson, David Howe. Reserves: Max Clegg and Ashley Morris.

Start of the season for Wolves fans at Monmore Green but at least Freddie, PK, Lewis and Josh have had meetings already while Tobiasz has started well in Poland.

The draw favours Freddie Lindgren with gate one against Nicholls and Schlein in heat 3 but most eyes will be on Tobiasz Musielak making his debut and think quite a few will be pleased with what they see and I think he will be close to a rostrum place

2015 starting officially and looking forward to it.

Rory Schlein will turn up for anything won't he !.....fair play though...

These individual events don't have the same pull as in years gone by though.....they used to be a highlight of a season once..now fairly run of the mill fillers really.

Not a strong in depth line up. I guess its down to availability of other heat leaders and or the cost associated with inviting such riders. Such line ups become self fullfiling outcomes in terms of attendance which is a shame.

Rory Schlein will turn up for anything won't he !.....fair play though...

These individual events don't have the same pull as in years gone by though.....they used to be a highlight of a season once..now fairly run of the mill fillers really.

Fans of a certain age who remember the Internationale meetings in the 60's will heartily agree.

Fans of a certain age who remember the Internationale meetings in the 60's will heartily agree.

And also the BLRC. Happy memories of both.

• Like 1

The Internationale for sure....that was like a World Final.....and most British League clubs had their own individual meeting during the season....Golden Hammer at Cradley...Blue Riband at Poole...Golden Gauntlets at Leicester...Brandonapolis at Coventry......events like the Dews Trophy, the Yorkshire TV Trophy, Pride of the East ......they were quite often the major meeting of the season at a track...top riders, big crowds........those days have certainly gone...I think Bradford put on the Coalite Classic and attracted a world final level field and lost a fortune...individual meetings now are definite fillers in the calendar with cobbled together line ups which is a shame really...

• Like 3

Heat 10 - listening to that then was disappointed to hear Harris out-gated Lindgren as it's always better when Bomber passes Freddie around Monmore - but Bomber decided to play with him and let Freddie pass him just so he could pass him on the last bend :D Wish I'd been there now, no finer sight that seeing Bomber passing Freddie around Monmore!!

It's odd, I reckon Bomber had beat Freddie more at Monmore than Freddie has beat Bomber but at Brandon it's the other way around.

The Internationale for sure....that was like a World Final.....and most British League clubs had their own individual meeting during the season....Golden Hammer at Cradley...Blue Riband at Poole...Golden Gauntlets at Leicester...Brandonapolis at Coventry......events like the Dews Trophy, the Yorkshire TV Trophy, Pride of the East ......they were quite often the major meeting of the season at a track...top riders, big crowds........those days have certainly gone...I think Bradford put on the Coalite Classic and attracted a world final level field and lost a fortune...individual meetings now are definite fillers in the calendar with cobbled together line ups which is a shame really...

Not forgetting the Silver Plume at Swindon.