British Speedway Forum
AllyN

Banks's Olympique, Wolverhampton, 23/03/15 @ 7:30pm

Sam Masters having a good meeting, his last 10 or so meetings of last year he was averaging 10 for Edinburgh- not sure what the rules are regards work permits but surely if it's possible some EL clubs will snap him up soon.

Edited by SCB

Sam Masters having a good meeting, his last 10 or so meetings of last year he was averaging 10 for Edinburgh- not sure what the rules are regards work permits but surely if it's possible some EL clubs will snap him up soon.

I seem to recall reading that visa holders are now allowed to guest in the same league as their parent club but not across leagues. Doubling up would be OK, though, if a club wanted to sign him.

He was in fantastic form in the 2nd half of last season and seems to have started this one not bad as well.

Edited by HenryW

Congratulations to Bomber on winning the meeting, dropping only 1 point all night. 😄

• Like 3

well done ricky wells,3rd .great job. not bad for a 2n srting lol.

Apart from being pleased that Chris Harris won the meeting, the highlight for me is a return to a proper format of 20 heats, every rider meeting every other rider, and the top scorer being the winner

It sounds so good to hear that Bomber won the meeting with 14 points from his five rides

None of this semi-final and final rubbish, where a meeting is won by winning one particular heat

I do so despise the 'new' way of arriving at the winner of an individual meeting that seems the norm these days

The top scorer should ALWAYS be the winner!!!

• Like 1

Heard that Masters blew an engine when leading his last race? Can someone there confirm this??

Anybody know why masters didn't come out for run off?

Blown engine in his 5th race apparently. That was the reason for him being passed at the end of that heat.

Congratulations to Bomber on winning the meeting, dropping only 1 point all night. 😄

good that he's shaken off the groin injury he was suffering from a couple of nights back Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

After a slow start, we saw some pretty good racing tonight. Have to say though that it was one of the poorest opening night crowds I've seen.

Not a strong in depth line up. I guess its down to availability of other heat leaders and or the cost associated with inviting such riders. Such line ups become self fullfiling outcomes in terms of attendance which is a shame.

Worryingly not a great crowd at Monmore for the season opener,surprising when people have had no speedway for 4 months.The racing was not too bad improving significantly after the track was watered after heat 8.Not sure who was responsible for the dogs breakfast of a race card,Aaron Summers was listed 10 times, including being in both red and blue in the same heat,add in the occasional insertion of Joe Jacobs and Ty Proctor and it all added up to a mess,not good enough. Didn't seem to be many kids there tonight although the ones that were there will be encouraged to see a large stock of rosettes in the track shop,a must have item for any modern teenager !

• Like 1

good that he's shaken off the groin injury he was suffering from a couple of nights back

Was a leg Injury and yes good to see. He had been having treatment over last couple of days.

Made the trip over to this and I agree poor turnout. Perhaps many felt the line up wasn't good enough or because of the cold weather I'm not sure. Can't believe there will be a crowd like that next week against Coventry.

Started slow but some enjoyable racing in the second half. Congrats to Bomber Harris on a very well deserved win, a massive shame that Sam Masters blew an engine so he couldn't come out for the rostrum race. He was absolutely outstanding and I would have had a tenner on him in that race had he come out.

Think it may take a while for the new polish rider for wolves to adapt, did better early on. As for Coventry's pole, he looks a complete dud, only beat bates which says it all.

So glad I went even if I was freezing to death towards the end

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

2 hours 21 mins to run this is totally unaceptable. No wonder it ws cold on the terraces. £2-50 for a programme with that many errors in it is a disgrace. Is it time to find something else to do on a Monday night?

Edited by Lefty

Anybody know why masters didn't come out for run off?

eard that Masters blew an engine when leading his last race? Can someone there confirm this??

Ricky Wells had finished on 11 as had Rory Schlein and a win in heat 20 for Lindgren would have finished him on 11 which he duly did

Heat 19 saw Bomber 11, Masters 10, Nicholls and Thorssell 8, meaning if Nicholls and Thorssell had finished first and second the winner would have been on 11 and had Masters have grabbed third both he and Bomber would have also been on 11 giving six riders tied on the 11 point mark for first place.

Masters made the gate and looked set to win the meeting as Thorssell was in second. Nicholls tried to get into third but he went wrong and Bomber challenged Thorssell and eventually got him on the third lap and straight away lined up Masters who seemed to have surrendered his lead.

Bomber went to the front while Masters was caught by Jacob off the final bend and Masters had to walk back to the pits with his bike stopping This ensured Bomber the title by three clear points and Masters was left wondering what went wrong being so close to victory but ending up with no bike and 5th place overall.

Bomber deserved his victory as along wth Masters was the most consistant riders on show as others showed signs of form only to look average next time out. Peter Karlsson started well with two wins but could only get three from his next three while Scott Nicholls had two back to back wins from the back to put him on seven at the break but then picked up just one more point.

Rory Schlein looked good as did Ricky Wells and Jacob Thorssell and Freddie Lindgren showed some signs of his old form but his gating let him down and in the run off he had to pull up when Ricky lifted coming out of turn four and he had to shut off and out of the race.

Lewis Blackbird showed he will be a big part of the team at reserve beating Freddie and Jacob in his fourth ride and both Lasse Bjerre and Kenneth Hansen had a few good rides but alot of eyes were on new boy Tobiasz Musielak who was on the pace but didn't gate well enough and has yet to find the best line unlike Ricky, Jacob and others but he will come good I'm sure.

The only two riders who looked out of their depths were Josh Bates and Jakub Jamrog who no doubt could be decent Premier League riders but against EL second strings and heat leaders they were not in the same class and apart from when they both met, that was the only point they were going to score.

Good to see Freddie back in his usual spot in the pits with each rider having new boards with name and picture on ....... just a shame they have forgot how to spell Freddie;s surname !! ..... Better luck next week Mr Lingren