British Speedway Forum
AllyN

Banks's Olympique, Wolverhampton, 23/03/15 @ 7:30pm

I use the speedway programme app now, but I noticed people around me with programmes having to make changes.

Surely its not asking too much for someone to check the programme first before it goes to the printers?

I use the speedway programme app now, but I noticed people around me with programmes having to make changes.

Surely its not asking too much for someone to check the programme first before it goes to the printers?

Im afraid this about sums up Wolves Speedway these days, they just dont seem bothered about the spectators, they seem to want maximum crowds with minimum effort. I will say here and now if Wolves struggle on Track Mr CVS will have a rude awakening with the size of his crowds, the days have gone when people will pay hard earned cash to watch a poor Team, people simply dont have the spare cash to waste watching a team get beat.

• Like 2

Im afraid this about sums up Wolves Speedway these days, they just dont seem bothered about the spectators, they seem to want maximum crowds with minimum effort. I will say here and now if Wolves struggle on Track Mr CVS will have a rude awakening with the size of his crowds, the days have gone when people will pay hard earned cash to watch a poor Team, people simply dont have the spare cash to waste watching a team get beat.

As TNT has pointed out they couldn't even spell their No 1's name right on his pit board so you've got buckleys chance of anyone proof reading the programme. Symptomatic as you say of the malaise that has settled on Monmore. Such a shame :cry:

especially as the price of admission has increased once again while the product on offer is weaker again

• Like 3

Promotions don't seem to get it do they.in this day and age fans expect vfm and a professional run meeting.mistakes in programs shouldn't happen any more.fans on here say year after year speedway will die if things don't get sorted but here we go again.very sad no one seems to listen

• Like 4

I can only echo what most have said, totally unprofessional with the dodgy programme. As it was the first programme of the year it 's not as if they didn't have the time to get it right

Edited by Beowulf

The Internationale for sure....that was like a World Final.....and most British League clubs had their own individual meeting during the season....Golden Hammer at Cradley...Blue Riband at Poole...Golden Gauntlets at Leicester...Brandonapolis at Coventry......events like the Dews Trophy, the Yorkshire TV Trophy, Pride of the East ......they were quite often the major meeting of the season at a track...top riders, big crowds........those days have certainly gone...I think Bradford put on the Coalite Classic and attracted a world final level field and lost a fortune...individual meetings now are definite fillers in the calendar with cobbled together line ups which is a shame really...

"shame" being a massive understatement McH.

And also the BLRC. Happy memories of both.

In a non-World Final year the BLRC was my end of season treat. Mind you, it was still a treat in a World Final year.

Today's new fans don't know what they missed...Internationale, WF and BLRC all in the same season. Massive crowds with coach loads of fans from every track. Those were the days my friend.

"shame" being a massive understatement McH.

In a non-World Final year the BLRC was my end of season treat. Mind you, it was still a treat in a World Final year.

Today's new fans don't know what they missed...Internationale, WF and BLRC all in the same season. Massive crowds with coach loads of fans from every track. Those were the days my friend.

I remember the big crowds at Belle Vue for the BLRC, at times that was a better line up than the world final!!

The Internationale at Plough Lane on Whit Monday - that was something special

• Like 2