British Speedway Forum
daveallan81

Rider Id: Mason Wear

Think Rene Aas got a bit of a bum deal.

You've got a cheek saying that; he was usually at the rear...

Steve

I,ve just read this. Mayson Wear was a youth mx rider who came from cumbria and briefly tried speedway his father of the same name had a mx shop in Carlisle in the 80,s if I remember correctly. hope this helps

• Like 1

Was wondering,due to the passage of time anything new had been found about Mason? What is he doing now and did he laugh when somebody confused him with a sponsor?

If nothing else,the thread deserves another look:approve:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, iris123 said:

Was wondering,due to the passage of time anything new had been found about Mason? What is he doing now and did he laugh when somebody confused him with a sponsor?

If nothing else,the thread deserves another look:approve:

Scroll down to page 34 here.   Look at the 2nd half reserve race of this 1964 match!

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/cradleyheath1964.pdf

• Like 1

Good spot.Could this then be the father (who ran the mx shop)? And his son was the person who was sought in the title,I wonder? Mason Weir instead of Wear.Now that might have stopped all the confusion!!

By the way,is there any evidence a sponsor has been listed in a Programme rather than a rider?

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Good spot.Could this then be the father (who ran the mx shop)? And his son was the person who was sought in the title,I wonder? Mason Weir instead of Wear.Now that might have stopped all the confusion!!

By the way,is there any evidence a sponsor has been listed in a Programme rather than a rider?

Going a  bit further, the name is spelt differently, as Mayson in that pdf - If you google Mayson Weir, you find a cumbrian sheep farmer, with a little video on youtube where he tells of moving to Herefordshire in his youth for a few years before he went back home to minding his sheep in the lake district. The age of the bloke looks about right i'd say. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeP7PMarqXQHer

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

So if the father had the same name as the son, and the father sponsored the son, does that mean Gustix was right?

• Haha 1

Hi fellas, just came across this topic. I presume you’d be talking about my dad and grandfather. They owned a motocross shop and dad rode for Honda uk motocross team. Regards Mayson jnr 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 12:47 AM, Maysonwear7 said:

Hi fellas, just came across this topic. I presume you’d be talking about my dad and grandfather. They owned a motocross shop and dad rode for Honda uk motocross team. Regards Mayson jnr 

Can you confirm your father's and grandfather's names, and also their sponsor's name?

• Like 1