British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paulrickett

Ricky's Big Day ...update

The countdown is on for Ricky's Big Day this Sunday...hopefully as many fans as possible can make it for a unique celebration of speedway.

The doors will open at 3.30pm, admission is the usual £15 for adults, £11 for O65s and £1 for 15s and under and live band Seventh Son will be playing in the Panorama Room at 4pm.

Meanwhile, nip over to Facebook for details on car parking....it's another fantastic gesture from our sporting cousins, which came out of the blue (and white!).

See you Sunday, wear your team colours and make as much noise as possible for one of Speedway's real heroes.

https://www.facebook.com/rickysbigday

as mentioned on the speedway updates site.. it looks like the ricky ashcroft meeting was a HUGE success in term of support for Ricky. but maybe we all could do our bit, all for the price of a 2nd class stamp. as mentioned on the updates by a fellow supporter, wouldn't it be good if we all wrote to DIY SOS , putting forward rickys case and who knows . some thing MAY come out of it.letters could be sent direct to the B.B.C. or onto sheffield speedway.

this is not my ides, but another supporter on the updates site. does any one think this will be possible. lets get as many letters as poss. .

ALL FOR THE COST OF A 2ND CLASS STAMP. his family deserve it.

can anyone post the DIY SOS address for all to see. please help a cracking rider and his family regain some quality of life. thank you. gt.

• Like 1

Appreciate the thought, but ....

Might be best to get the guy's name correct in any email campaign.

Edited by Grand Central

i am sure the give out the address after the programme. keep an eye out for it. we can do this..

I tried to send an application through the bbc web site but it needs so much personal details about the prospective candidate that I could not complete the application. You will need his full address, personal details about him and his family which I am not privvy to. Great idea and nobody deserves it more than him and his family so a direct approach to the BBC maybe the only way.

the form was like applying for a job on-line. go to Sheffield speedway with any letters.

Just a plug for Ricky's Big Day on DVD. 3 DVDs showing Ricky's Big Day meeting, interviews and some of Ricky's more memorable races, including his track record breaking race against Newcastle in October 2010, making him the fastest rider in British Speedway.

£21 inc. p&p from grtmedia.co.uk.

• Like 1

I have a number of the Official Badges from this meeting for sale, with all proceeds going to the fund to aid Ricky in his recovery.

I have gold & rose gold (all silver were sold).

They are £5 each plus a SAE with a large letter stamp.

Please pm me if interested.

Its due to start soon, there were issues originally with planning permission. That is now resolved but the family prefer to wait until the weather improves.