British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Promotion/relegation Sunday 4th October

Bought a satellite system as cheap as chips to watch Polish league speedway live on TV. Really impressed with their TV presentation. Why didn't I get this year's ago?

Bought a satellite system as cheap as chips to watch Polish league speedway live on TV. Really impressed with their TV presentation. Why didn't I get this year's ago?

Care to share details -such as cost of equipment and viewing card etc

Experienced my first live Polish league match last week, the chanting etc was great but have to admit that it would do my head in every week, although I guess we did sit in the noisiest part of the stadium. Racing wasn't brilliant. To be honest 60% of the meeting was the racing, 40% the chanting, all the other stuff that we care about/moan about in British meetings don't get a look in lol

Edited by Trees

Experienced my first live Polish league match last week, the chanting etc was great but have to admit that it would do my head in every week, although I guess we did sit in the noisiest part of the stadium. Racing wasn't brilliant. To be honest 60% of the meeting was the racing, 40% the chanting, all the other stuff that we care about/moan about in British meetings don't get a look in lol

Which match ?

...Ward has ridden 6 matches -4 away(1 draw 3 losses) and 2 home (1 win 1 loss)...

My apologies. I didn't notice that sportowefakty have their racing weeks out of order. I started counting after the Torun fixture that he didn't feature in. So, making a revised summary then, I've got Tarnow home and away - both lost. Leszno away was a loss and Gorzow away was a loss, Wroclaw at home was the infamous victory and Rzeszow away was a draw. 3 league points from 6 meetings. Hardly what the fans or the money men would want to see as a return from their big money and private helicopter-ride investment.

Yes, he's scoring half the team's points, but what effect is he having on the rest of the team? We've seen what the fans think of him, what makes the riders immune to such sentiments? And look at the effect of the signing has had on the riders, The management support one rider who was found guilty of, erm, "unfortunate off-field behaviour", they then sign another rider who's come off a ban for "unfortunate off-field behavior" giving the clear indication that what happens outside of the stadium doesn't really matter...and guess what? ANOTHER rider gets caught dabbling in "unfortunate off-field behaviour". Wow. Zielona Gora must be Party Central in Poland right now. Wouldn't surprise me if those who take their speedway seriously, like AJ aren't rightly, erm, "dispirited" and no wonder it's showing up in their riding.

Yeah, tough that they have injuries, but Ward and R/R in place of Hampel and PP is roughly equal, especially if Ward gets 2 RR rides when ZG fall 6 behind. Can't help thinking that before Ward, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts, and now it's the other way round.

My apologies. I didn't notice that sportowefakty have their racing weeks out of order. I started counting after the Torun fixture that he didn't feature in. So, making a revised summary then, I've got Tarnow home and away - both lost. Leszno away was a loss and Gorzow away was a loss, Wroclaw at home was the infamous victory and Rzeszow away was a draw. 3 league points from 6 meetings. Hardly what the fans or the money men would want to see as a return from their big money and private helicopter-ride investment.

Yes, he's scoring half the team's points, but what effect is he having on the rest of the team? We've seen what the fans think of him, what makes the riders immune to such sentiments? And look at the effect of the signing has had on the riders, The management support one rider who was found guilty of, erm, "unfortunate off-field behaviour", they then sign another rider who's come off a ban for "unfortunate off-field behavior" giving the clear indication that what happens outside of the stadium doesn't really matter...and guess what? ANOTHER rider gets caught dabbling in "unfortunate off-field behaviour". Wow. Zielona Gora must be Party Central in Poland right now. Wouldn't surprise me if those who take their speedway seriously, like AJ aren't rightly, erm, "dispirited" and no wonder it's showing up in their riding.

Yeah, tough that they have injuries, but Ward and R/R in place of Hampel and PP is roughly equal, especially if Ward gets 2 RR rides when ZG fall 6 behind. Can't help thinking that before Ward, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts, and now it's the other way round.

Sometimes, alongside the "like" button, i wish there were a "dislike intensely" button. :lol: The lad has ridden his guts out for them. Your hatred of him says way more about you than it does about him. ;) Regards. Alan.

laguta isn't cut out for torun. a bit like Cristiano lucarelli he performs at his eloquent best in the minnows

Edited by InBigJohnWeTrust

laguta isn't cut out for torun. a bit like Cristiano lucarelli he performs at his eloquent best in the minnows

I had to google him thinking he might be an Italian tenor :lol: Now i know he's a retired footballer and current coach. Thank you for expanding my knowledge. :t: All the best. Alan.

Good 1st match to chose-the most intense derby in Poland

It would be better ZG at home to Gorzow I done that one this year atmosphere second to none

Good 1st match to chose-the most intense derby in Poland

I was very glad I went, don't get me wrong, it was a great experience. Thanks to those I shared the trip with

Each to their own. I used to work in football and was sickened by the attitude of too many 'fans' so when I see it happening in speedway, albeit a long distance away I keep my viewing to TV and keep well clear of the appalling atmosphere of hatred and violence. People excused football for years saying "it's just a minority" then Sky protected its investment by playing it down.

I leave it to others - my interests lie in speedway, not hating and threatening the opposition. Some like that though......sadly.

• Like 1