British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Spring Trophy 1st Leg Sunday March 29th 2015 At 3pm

If the weather gods don't stop the match then the it'll be an interesting matchup at the Possilpark Church of New Bling. The New Smug Tigers line up looks better if your looking for instant gratification with Dale favourite Morris being the #1 with Lawson/Summers in support plus The Sarge could be a sleeper at reserve. For sheer white knuckle X Games entertainment it will be "Killa" Kozza Smith playing fence panel bingo unless a hapless team mate or opponent gets in the way. Man to watch - IMO the key to Tigs season could be Berge, can he kick on as a genuine backup for the top 3 home n away.

As it's unlikely lightning will strike twice we wont see a Monarchs as good as last years for a while & the Yesteryears Snug Monarchs go with an unusually long tail putting the pressure on Riss,Clegg,Brandford from the start. IMO Monarchs are probably more focused on whom is in the team come the playoffs than who starts the season with this starting 7. But Cook & Masters should be enough at the top to start the season giving Wolbert & Riss some room to get going but the reserves need to score 4 or 5 per match which looks tough on previous form. Key Man will be Erik Riss no doubt, if he does well then new Tigs bosses Del Boy & Rodney could get a nasty surprise.

Add to the mix a new layout for the track so who knows what that'll race like given past "reconfigurations" by the likes of the great n godly who ever got dragged out of the stadium pub 3 seasons ago to do the last one. It's never going to be as when Ashfield re-opened as it was deemed to favour the away team but hopefully it's an improvement that actually allows ppl to race.

So bragging rights up for grabs as both North of the Border teams fans try to Out Smug each other as the Nouveaux Riche try to embarrass the old Money Monarchs much to the Rain Gods delight.

Ah Dekks my old sparring partner come's out with stupid statement shocker did you actually attend Ashfield last season the racing most weeks was top notch entertainment.

Now that I have thought about what i have said above you probably didn't even attend Armadale never mind Ashfield :D .

• Like 2

You'll need to change your name to Pinocchio, your nose is getting bigger. :shock::cheers:

The great smell of defeat reaches the Minion nostrils!

But we might end our season at ashfield in the playoff final......

bring it on ........................

Wouldn't that be just brilliant for Scottish speedway! Edited by george.m

going to be an interesting meeting if the rain gods don't appear, Glasgow stronger than last year and Edinburgh look a formidable team again this year, too close to call for this first meeting. Hoping for an exciting meeting , good crowd and a Tigers win :D

• Like 2

Nick Morris has been looking very good in his meetings so far this season and he rides again for Poole tonight at Somerset before travelling up to Glasgow on Sunday. Will follow updates as you are a long way from Swindon.

the record breakers/treble champions/ team smug :approve: will line up like this come Sunday afternoon weather permitting.

1. Craig Cook
  2. Justin Sedgmen
  3. Kevin Wolbert
  4. Erik Riss
  5. Sam Masters
  6. Max Clegg
  7. Rob Branford

Cook and Sedgmen back together again and rightly so after the amount of 5-1's they banged in last year. Might leave us bit weak at 3 and 4 though depending on what Kev shows up while Erik finds his feet.

Monarchs 5-1 in heat 1 it is to set the tone for the day. ;)

Edited by Mr Blobby

Ah Dekks my old sparring partner come's out with stupid statement shocker did you actually attend Ashfield last season the racing most weeks was top notch entertainment.

Now that I have thought about what i have said above you probably didn't even attend Armadale never mind Ashfield :D .

Sparring partner, hmmmm not quite. Re; most weeks, must be an odd definition of most that you use.

Being 250miles south sadly both the Dale and the Shiny New Ashfield are'nt likely to see me but then that's an obvious statement. Just looking at posts by the the usual Tig suspects from last season and you'll see a better racing track wouldn't go amiss. You can dress up Ashfield like a silk purse, but if the tracks the usual 1 line crater lined disaster it's been at times since the failed changes started in the name of home advantage, it's still going to be a sows ear.

you cant say that. just think of all the money they have spent on botox..track still looks bumpy though...

Sparring partner, hmmmm not quite. Re; most weeks, must be an odd definition of most that you use.

Being 250miles south sadly both the Dale and the Shiny New Ashfield are'nt likely to see me but then that's an obvious statement. Just looking at posts by the the usual Tig suspects from last season and you'll see a better racing track wouldn't go amiss. You can dress up Ashfield like a silk purse, but if the tracks the usual 1 line crater lined disaster it's been at times since the failed changes started in the name of home advantage, it's still going to be a sows ear.

Don't need to dress Ashfield up Dekks it is my opinion a far superior race circuit to Armadale preparation wise Armadale is second to none but it just doesn't do it for me as a speedway track but you have your opinion and i have mine.

But you are correct on one thing Sparring partner not quite there wasn't a good spar in you as it often reverted to more or less the same as your above post insulting anything bar Edinburgh but it is only your opinion one we don't take much notice off but your opinion all the same.

Morning.

Forecast for today doesn't look too smart and webcam of George Square shows a few puddles and a deal of dampness.

Is the weather going to spoil today's racing?

Thanks in advance.

naa, the Glasgow glory hunters have ordered and paid for 5 hours of brilliant sunshine..it was paid via B.A.C.S. and put into the bank account of dog. cos they arnt allowed.

Edited by jenga

Jenga you post a lot of p- - We dont need 5 hours like you at Workington 2 hours is enough for us

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 1

Jenga you post a lot of p- - We dont need 5 hours like you at Workington 2 hours is enough for us

Is that 5 hours to type a legible post?

Really looking forward to today and hopefully a Tigers victory but the Monarchs look potent again should be a good close encounter

Hopefully all 14 Riders stay safe with the season starting off with far too many injuries already.

Morning.

Forecast for today doesn't look too smart and webcam of George Square shows a few puddles and a deal of dampness.

Is the weather going to spoil today's racing?

Thanks in advance.

There has been a few showers but mainly overcast & dry think every effort will be made to get this on and if it stays as it is weather-wise we should be ok.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Really looking forward to today and hopefully a Tigers victory but the Monarchs look potent again should be a good close encounter

Hopefully all 13 Riders stay safe with the season starting off with far too many injuries already.

There has been a few showers but mainly overcast & dry think every effort will be made to get this on and if it stays as it is weather-wise we should be ok.

Thank you.

Really looking forward to going to the new stadium.

The match should also be a good one.

Here's to an enjoyable day.

Hopefully all 13 Riders stay safe with the season starting off with far too many injuries already.

Cheers mate