British Speedway Forum
weatherwatcher

How Many More Riders Are Getting To Get Injured Before It Even Starts

And another one bites the dust. Just read about Voldrh crash, where he suffered 2 compound fractures below the knee, after the bike lifted and he bounced off the air fence into the back of the front bike, he has had to have pins, and it looks like he will miss a big part of this season. So are the air fences a saviour or are they more of a danger hazard to the riders, than the old board and wire fences.

if you look on Berwick 2015 thread post there is a post showing the crash from racers and royals.It is certainly different to your description Edited by Fromafar

maybe this is a daft question but do tracks (as employers) keep an accident book? At work i have to write up a paper cut never mind a collision with a safety fence

Also are injuries reported to RIDDOR?

if the answer to either or both is yes then actual figures would be available - presumably as a freedom of information request

its actually quite important information - if the sport was getting more injurious to participants then it would be remiss of the governing body to not make changes

maybe this is a daft question but do tracks (as employers) keep an accident book? At work i have to write up a paper cut never mind a collision with a safety fence

There is an incident recorder/timekeeper at each meeting, sits in the box next to the ref!

All the best

Rob

Eml Sayfutdinov has also had surgery for a broken collar bone before the Polish league has started.

Nothing to do with speedway though. He crashed a moto-x bike. That didn't happen in the 60s!

I would hate to see a season really blighted by injuries if what we are seeing at the moment is the norm as you state.Only 2 weeks in and 2 ELITE teams ride their first match at HOME and finish the match with 5 and 4 riders respectively ,the latest of those Elite fixtures being unusually abandoned because of a lack of medical cover.

1993. Wolves lost Ronnie Correy, Graham Jones, Charles Ermolenko and Phil Ashcroft in a week.

Raced Ipswich with 5 juniors.

It happens.

Tormod Langli broke his arm after crashing hang gliding at Easter 1980.

It is totally irrelevant.

But seeing as other people are contributing nonsense.

I thought I would too.

• Like 2

Andrzej Zarzecki (Morawski Zielona Gora) died on March 24 ,1993 three days after crash that happened during pre season friendly match at Zielona Gora against Leszno.

Marian Rose died April 19,1970 at Rzeszow during early season league match Torun at Rzeszow

Zbigniew Malinowski died on April 7,1974 league match Slask Swietochlowice vs Polonia Bydgoszcz at Chorzow

Grzegorz Smolinski crashed during junior team match at Poznan on April 12,1987 and died on April 22.

So very serious tragic accidents due happen at the start of the season when conditions are difficult and riders are rusty

Edited by pawel115

Tormod Langli broke his arm after crashing hang gliding at Easter 1980.

It is totally irrelevant.

But seeing as other people are contributing nonsense.

I thought I would too.

And VERY GOOD you are at it. :t::o :o :rofl: :rofl: :P

Edited by The White Knight

So the Poles think British speedway is dangerous and want to ban their riders riding over here.

So the Poles think British speedway is dangerous and want to ban their riders riding over here.

If I say they (as in Polish clubs) give out 10k zloty fines for farting, I'm not that far off... That ban could really happen.

Then again, like said before, they ban their riders from riding without APD's and let Jamrog do it in Argentina a few months later.

I love Poland, going again next week.

I see Rye house were missing Kasper on Monday because he crashed and injured himself in Poland.

I see Rye house were missing Kasper on Monday because he crashed and injured himself in Poland.

I'm not sure how to put this tactfully but lets not forget that one of our riders quite recently died over there. So they have one hell of a cheek.

I'd call their bluff, I'd ban all Poles from British Speedway anyway. They're already banned from the PL anyway*

*PZM permit holders anyway - legally I'm not sure you could ban Polish people.

I'm not sure how to put this tactfully but lets not forget that one of our riders quite recently died over there. So they have one hell of a cheek.

I'd call their bluff, I'd ban all Poles from British Speedway anyway. They're already banned from the PL anyway*

*PZM permit holders anyway - legally I'm not sure you could ban Polish people.

Is there not a possibility this will be frowned upon under EU free labour law?

Have they forgot what happened to Lee Richardson on their tracks. 😞