British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne V Kent 3/4/15

morley tried to pass as owen was shaping up to take 3rd bend..there was no room there..correct decision imv but having said that not sure ref had a good enough view to judge.

Ben was off the throttle massively when it happened. And in my opinion Marc made contact exiting turn 2. That's how it appeared from where I was watching close to the pits and tbf most the eagles fans around us thought Marc would go.

I thought the Kent boys did alright all things considered ben, danno, Aaron and Danny all scoring above their average. James not far off his average but most entertaining rider of the night by far. Think he left the tapes stone last every race but just got on the dirt and was like a rocket. Jamie started the night badly but got more dialled in as the meeting went on and I would stick with him as he will develop well over the coming weeks and months. Adam on the other hand unfortunately I don't believe he will ever make a speedway rider as he looks no better now them he did when I first saw him. When you look at the quality of georgie wood and Kelsey dugard I think Adam will be out of his depth at national league level. Think he must of slipped of 5 or 6 times in his 4 rides last night.

Meeting went ahead at a cracking pace. Super show from the Eagles, especially Marc and Bradley.

Big plus was that the fans had a full second half- 27 (yes 27) races in total for our £12.00. That is real value for money.

New promotion are on a winner.

Ben Morley did well for Kent and I can certainly watch a lot of more of James Shanes.

Well done to both teams on what was a damp night. One fears the EL lot would have moaned and groaned.

National League is a breath of fresh air.

And no tractor. As Alex said - not even once.

Glad to see such a positive post. I'm a Lakeside and Kent fan but I've visited Eastbourne most seasons for longer than I can remember and I truly hope the club will thrive in the NL.

Really enjoyed last night, with a crowd as good as many elite matches in the past there will be no financial problems and what might it be on a sunny Sunday afternoon?

The promotion was much different than in the past with riders at the tapes before the official result of the previous race. I don't think I have seen a match over by 9.03 before.

Hats off to the riders who fell which was quite often,every time they were up and going again or getting off the track with haste. How different to the gamesmanship of the Elite. The Ben Morley incident was the only exception as the red light came on quickly.

Good move also by Kings team manager who was quick to spot Warwick was the Achilles heel and give Danny Ayres the TR which at least helped to make the score respectable.

Kent man of the match for me was James Shanes, what a little terrier he is I would welcome him in blue and yellow any day, a real entertainer.

For the home team we all must have felt sorry for Bradley Wilson-Dean in heat 15 going for a paid Max in his first meeting. Comfortably in front of Ben his motor blew coming out of bend 2 on the last lap. He walked back almost in tears and it was good to see one of his team mates put his arm round him in commiseration. It wont be long before he succeeds. Also felt sorry for young Kelsey going for a full Max in his last ride, missed the gate and went for the cut back to come under but overdid it. He was also a revelation and the future looks bright.

Despite many positives there were some negatives, Danny Warwick certainly struggled and If this continues will be at risk of dropping to reserve.

For the Kings the big negative was their tail. The bottom three never looked capable of anything, 5 of their 6 points came as a result of falls or engine failures. Their only point otherwise was when the two reserves rode together. I hate to be a critic of young lads trying to succeed as that is what the league is all about but that is the Kings Achilles heel. Maybe all teams have the same problem,I don't know the league well enough to judge but I doubt it.

I see Trevor geer couldn't stay away from being manager yesterday. What happened to Glenn Martin

I see Trevor geer couldn't stay away from being manager yesterday. What happened to Glenn Martin

Glenn was unavailable. Nothing unexpected and Connor told me they were aware when they appointed.

Glenn was unavailable. Nothing unexpected and Connor told me they were aware when they appointed.

Oh ok so we could see him a few times!

A decent crowd last night despite the awful weather, I was very lucky to see two meetings yesterday when most of the country was off. I was also impressed with the new look programme, which was worth £2.

Looking forward to a close meeting at Kent on Monday!

• Like 1

Reasonable match in tricky conditions, didn't like Warwick as a signing pre season ,waste of 7 points for me and he's not changed a bit from what I used to see years ago.

The rest were a breath of fresh and most important very well managed mechanically, that will count for a lot in this league

Pretty good attendance, a Sunday at 3-30 in Summer will bring in a really good attendance

Some good posts on here have said it all really,,Our reserves will cost us matches and will take along time to improve ,will they get it,i dont know ? James Shanes was so very slow to the first bend, but then he winds it on and will give us some exciting races but must improve his gating.. Up and down night for Danny Ayers he will do better..Aaron Basby was solid..Danno Verge needs to start upping his pace to be competitive .. Apart from his first ride which was the fastest time of the night by some way ,Ben Morley,s gating was not as electric as usual and he had to ride some great first turns to secure his points,,was also a subject of a poor decision in the back straight incident in my opinion,.. The Eagles have a real find in Bradley Wilson -Dean though how he comes in on a 5 point average beats me..Marc Owen looks in for a great season and will up his average .And two good little reserves in Georgie Wood and Kelsey Dugard makes them a more solid outfit than Kings,However Danny Warwick will need to up his game ,looked slow tonight,I have always thought him a big track rider.. Eastbourne did well to get the meeting on., And the Kings management could learn a lot from the slick presentation ,an excellent roving mike presenter added so much to the meeting In the end i was a little surprised the Kings got to 40 points

Hear Bradley is down with food poisoning Hope he gets well soon we need him Monday!

James Shanes was great entertainment putting his grasstrack skills to good use around the air fence, I don't want to spoil a good thing but someone ought to tell him its easier not to let the other riders have a 5 bike length head start!! Looking forward to Monday and a tight kent win.

James Shanes was great entertainment putting his grasstrack skills to good use around the air fence, I don't want to spoil a good thing but someone ought to tell him its easier not to let the other riders have a 5 bike length head start!! Looking forward to Monday and a tight kent win.

Don't tell him. It is much more entertaining watching him chase.

Great value

• Like 1