British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne V Kent 3/4/15

::::: There is a stock car meeting at Eastbourne this afternoon (Easter Monday). My betting is there will be a bigger attendance for that than there was for Saturday's Eastbourne v Kent Kings speedway match. Why is this?

Edited by Guest

Fabulous result from Kent today.

This looks like the beginning of something big.

So happy for Martin and Connor. They have worked so hard in the last three months and have been up to silly o'clock getting ready for the start of the season.

An Easter double over Kent is a great reward.

The last time Eastbourne had won away from home was in June 2012. Today's win, is the first of many.

Martin promised Eastbourne would win away from home when he spoke at the fans' forum. His team has delivered first time out away.

• Like 2

::::: There is a stock car meeting at Eastbourne this afternoon (Easter Monday). My betting is there will be a bigger attendance for that than there was for Saturday's Eastbourne v Kent Kings speedway match. Why is this?

Because it wasn't held on a Saturday? The speedway was Friday Edited by Alex2000

Hi Alex there was nobody racing on Saturday st Eastbourne as it was good Friday meeting. The only reason I think is this way back just after the war nearly everyone had a motor bike as it was affordable so families can relate to motor bike racing the crowds were bigger. Now nearly everyone has a car and can relate to car racing. So hence the fact they watch stock cars. How many of your friends have a motor bike compared to a car.

Edited by catinthehat

Hi Alex there was nobody racing on Saturday st Eastbourne as it was good Friday. The only reason I think is this way back just after the war nearly everyone had a motor bike as it was affordable so families can relate to motor bike racing. Now nearly everyone has a car and can relate to car racing. So hence the fact they watch stock cars. How many of your friend have a motor bike compared to a car.

I noticed only one motorbike (Harley's apart) parked at Arlington on Friday. I still think there will be a bigger crowd on 19th against Kings Lynn. This is because 1. It's a weekend and 2 because we have proved we can do something this year although Kent were not on point.

Because it wasn't held on a Saturday? The speedway was Friday

Apologies for saying speedway was on Saturday whereas it was Good Friday. All the same, was the crowd for stock cars on Easter Monday larger than those who saw Eastbourne speedway on GOOD Friday? :unsure:

Yeah stadium literally packed out for the bangers as always. Car park full and cars parked all the way along the lane to the duel carriage way.

Hi gustix not sure why your asking about Stock Car Racing on a speedway forum site or are you bitter that not only is speedway at Eastbourne is starting to turn its self around you going to have a pop at Stock car racing at Eastbourne. As i said before this is my thoughts:

The only reason I think is this way back just after the war nearly everyone had a motor bike as it was affordable so families can relate to motor bike racing the crowds were bigger. Now nearly everyone has a car and can relate to car racing. So hence the fact they watch stock cars. How many of your friends have a motor bike compared to a car. Thats why all around the Uk that most of the speedway Track hold Stock car racing to make it Pay with the Stadium owners, People love sport that can relate too, Cars and familys are put together a stock car they all get involved with. Bikes are mostly a thing of the past and hard to relate to. Football everyone can play football two jumpers as a goal and run around all ages in a playing area.

why are we talking about Stock car racing when Eastbourne Speedway are starting to put them self on the map again, Gusix have you swallowed a bitter pill :t:

I think Marc Owen will have a pop at the Championship of sussex and your dark horse will be Richard, George, Kelsey. Brad will be there abouts but he needs to pop out the start, I was dissapointed that Trevor Geer gave Dan Greenwood (why not give Richard a extra ride to earn money) in heat 15 after they had already won, then he made brad go off gate four a graveyard gate? no wonder Eastbourne never did anything in the past with Trevor Hope Glen Martin is going to be more up to speed.

• Like 1

Hi gustix not sure why your asking about Stock Car Racing on a speedway forum site or are you bitter that not only is speedway at Eastbourne is starting to turn its self around you going to have a pop at Stock car racing at Eastbourne. As i said before this is my thoughts:

The only reason I think is this way back just after the war nearly everyone had a motor bike as it was affordable so families can relate to motor bike racing the crowds were bigger. Now nearly everyone has a car and can relate to car racing. So hence the fact they watch stock cars. How many of your friends have a motor bike compared to a car. Thats why all around the Uk that most of the speedway Track hold Stock car racing to make it Pay with the Stadium owners, People love sport that can relate too, Cars and familys are put together a stock car they all get involved with. Bikes are mostly a thing of the past and hard to relate to. Football everyone can play football two jumpers as a goal and run around all ages in a playing area.

why are we talking about Stock car racing when Eastbourne Speedway are starting to put them self on the map again, Gusix have you swallowed a bitter pill :t:

I asked because I thought it would be interesting to make a comparison in attendances. I would respectfully add that I have followed Eastbourne since their 1947 season National League days, and on through their Southern Area League period of the late 1950s.

I was told the attendance for the opening stock car meeting of the 2014 season was nearly 5,000 (this has never been confirmed or denied!) and it was based on that 'dubious' figure (?) that I wondered how things compared this year.

May I add catinthehatste research will also show I had very close links with the Eagles promotion some 50 (yes 50!) years ago. I knew the late Charlie Dugard very well, and also John and Bob Dugard in the riding days mainly in the 1960s.

May I tell you where to put the bitter pill you suggest for me? :icon_smile_clown:

Yeah stadium literally packed out for the bangers as always. Car park full and cars parked all the way along the lane to the duel carriage way.

It looks as though there was a large crowd for stock cars on Easter Monday. Was there similar parking for Saturday's speedway match? :unsure:

Edited by Guest

:nono: no no no lol, Gustix i do feel as if you are upset xxxxx, The staduim is only allowed to have 4000 people as per health and saftey rules, for Stock Cars but that is enough, I have been there many times for Stock Cars and i have to say its a big crowd,

Not that I understand the rule book but all I heard was that mason was ill and you can use a guest for him. reality is that nobody had ever ridden for Eastbourne in the NL so common sense says you can use a guest. But who cares no rules were broken and mason is ill. Give it a few weeks and Brendon will be knocking on the door for a team place. Lol

Well no rule was 'broken' because the League Co-ordinator allowed this but that's not to say it wasn't against the rules because it was!

And as has been pointed out the rule (when applied to the IoWand Bekker) HAD been enforced before.

Why it it?

Because more people go to Stocks and Bangers' meetings..! Your point being..?

• Like 1

I was told the attendance for the opening stock car meeting of the 2014 season was nearly 5,000 (this has never been confirmed or denied!) and it was based on that 'dubious' figure (?) that I wondered how things compared this year.

:nono: no no no lol, Gustix i do feel as if you are upset xxxxx, The staduim is only allowed to have 4000 people as per health and saftey rules, for Stock Cars but that is enough, I have been there many times for Stock Cars and i have to say its a big crowd,

Because more people go to Stocks and Bangers' meetings..! Your point being..?

To catinthehat - I made it clear that the 2014 stock car attendance was based on a figure passed to me.

And to Blackbird - asked about the attendances for stock car racing as compared to Eastbourne merely for my personal reserach. I assume that BSF members are permitted to do this? :rolleyes:

What is the combined total of people who attend speedway in a month and the total of people who attend stock cars in a month? If speedway was once a month too I'm pretty sure crowds would rocket. One of the issues with British Speedway is there are in fact too many meetings IMO.

catinthehat - I cannot understand why you think that I am upset? About what exactly?

What is the combined total of people who attend speedway in a month and the total of people who attend stock cars in a month? If speedway was once a month too I'm pretty sure crowds would rocket. One of the issues with British Speedway is there are in fact too many meetings IMO.

Yes, I woild agree on that opinion about attendances SCB. As it is, a four week tally for gates at speedway probably equals one gate for stock cars. But remember, many stock car supporters also go to other tracks..."there are several" of them. :lol:

Edited by Guest