British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne V Kent 3/4/15

Good guesting from Dan Greenwood

Wonder who will be up for it if Mason is off still Monday?

Wonder who will be up for it if Mason is off still Monday?

ha,ha - anyone think Mason who doesnt ride Arlington well wont be fit for Monday at the track he rides best in the UK?

• Like 1

Looking forward to Monday and looks like weather will be fine.

Should be a decent crowd with hopefully a lot of Eagle`s fans.

Could be close but I expect Home advantage will again be key as it was last night.

I wonder after last night if a lot of Eagles fans now think that the National League is b****y good ?

Edited by AJ is King
  • Like 1

ha,ha - anyone think Mason who doesnt ride Arlington well wont be fit for Monday at the track he rides best in the UK?

He probably would want to ride at Kent but he may not be physically able to no matter how much he wants to.

I'm sure Dan will ride on Monday if Mason is out. He goes well round Central Park.

He was great replacement last night hope he is available if push comes to shove
  • Like 1

Fair to say all the eaatbourne boys rode well impressed with Ayres but he lacks that last piece of the puzzle

Great night, and not just because of the result.

Track was slimey at the start and some struggled, not much racing. I am sure had it been Elite league we would have had the usual cluster of riders after heat 1 kicking the dirt at turn 2, ref called down, meeting off but no the lads went out to ride.

I loved the fact that the Eagles looked delighted to be there. They looked so god dam happy at the start of the meeting and even happier after. The three laps of honor was priceless and amusing.

Agree with the previous posters about James Shanes. I love his style and he never gives up. A right royal pain in the arse when you are cheering on your own team!!

I have been following EB for 45 years and I cant say how much of a thrill it was seeing a rider with 'Dugard' written on his back storm to 3 rides and 3 wins.

I really didn't know what to expect from Bradley WD. Wow, he did not disappoint did he? what a find

I did know what to expect from mark Owen and he delivered, get in there

Some storming points from Georgie and great guest by Dan.

Mmm, Could we end up having the two best reserves in the league with David Mason and Danny Warwick!

For once I thing strength in depth could be a winner for Eastbourne, I really do.

Okay, its early days I know. But the excitement has built all through the off season and we fans could have so easily been disappointed last night but it lived up to what we wanted. Roll on Monday, lets get a point or 2!!

Edited by stevec
  • Like 3

Finally got on here to post my thoughts on the meeting.

Firstly the parade was outstanding and all the young riders were so enthusiastic high fiving and everything kelsey shouting "come on lets do it" giving all the 2nd half riders a parade aswell. All was run so smoothly and swiftly with no track grading, i can seriously see us having mason or warwick at reserve with wood. Spoke to both BWD and andrews after the meeting both are very happy lads.

What a performance from our 3&4, i dont know if rules allow it but i would much prefer to swap owen and warwick around as im not sure having danny with a reserve 3 times. Superb guesting from danny greenwood looked very sharp and quick. Some may say biassed but i go with what i texted to updates thought the heat 5 call was made correct, morley simply going for a gap that wasnt there.

All in all was fantastic and cant wait for the season to unfold. Cant wait to make trip up to kent monday!!

• Like 2

Question: Should Eastbourne have been able to use a guest for David Mason given that he's never ridden for them??

thought there was a rule that outlawed this..maybe i'm wrong..

Question: Should Eastbourne have been able to use a guest for David Mason given that he's never ridden for them??

thought there was a rule that outlawed this..maybe i'm wrong..

There is a rule saying that and that's why some people were questioning if Poole were allowed a guest for Grajczonek on Good Friday (but there was a different DU reason allowing them to). Also the Isle of Wight weren't allowed a facility for Bekker in 2013 when he hurt his knee in P&P, I remember we had to use Neale away to Buxton who was without a team.

After attending eaatbourne last night leaving the place with a buzz I can honestly say I witnesseed the WORST ever NL meeting at Rye House tonight. No disrespect but I thought there was going to be a major over haul. I'd be suprised if 1/4 of the 400 fans that went today go back.

Not that I understand the rule book but all I heard was that mason was ill and you can use a guest for him. reality is that nobody had ever ridden for Eastbourne in the NL so common sense says you can use a guest. But who cares no rules were broken and mason is ill. Give it a few weeks and Brendon will be knocking on the door for a team place. Lol

After attending eaatbourne last night leaving the place with a buzz I can honestly say I witnesseed the WORST ever NL meeting at Rye House tonight. No disrespect but I thought there was going to be a major over haul. I'd be suprised if 1/4 of the 400 fans that went today go back.

I went to both (and enjoyed both) but thought the rye house meeting was actually more enjoyable!