Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne V Kent 3/4/15

The people that go to stock cars are a different breed of people that go to speedway there is not many that do both if you no what i mean. Lakeside stock cars run and the place is packed same as Eastbourne but Eastbourne crowds drop every week day meetings on a wednesday.

Edited by catinthehat

James Shanes was excellent value. Great riding style and tenacious but needs to learn to gate . Eagles looked strong throughout. Decent performance.

James Looked great but like you said he could be a danger if he learnt how to start, the problem is with James that the track needs to be grippy for his style to work at its best, he was able to pass riders at Eastbourne because there was a dirt line, at kent as soon as the dirt line had gone his performace went down hill, i hope that someone will help the young lad as he will need it when the summer comes and the tracks get dryer and more slick. I bet James will go well round Kings Lynn.

The people that go to stock cars are a different breed of people that go to speedway there is not many that do both if you no what i mean. Lakeside stock cars run and the place is packed same as Eastbourne but Eastbourne crowds drop every week day meetings on a wednesday.

Think you are badly mistaken there mate. The cross over is pretty big. I raced bangers for many a years but never had the balls for speedway. My old man raced for canterbury during the 70s then raced bangers and hot rods in the late 80s and early nineties. Emerson fairweather another name I can think off that went from speedway to banger racing. Eddie Kennett still races both. Fans wise I spoke to 20 odd banger regulars at arlington Friday. And cardiff walking round the fan zone I can't walk a few yards without bumping into banger folk.

The biggest differences between the 2 are that people from all over the country travel to banger meeting where as at speedway it is generally 2 groups of fans of 2 clubs so the catchment is smaller. It is also the price, most banger meetings cost less then a premier league speedway meeting to get into so if you are taking a family it could be 20 quid cheaper to watch the cars then a top level speedway event. In any case both are far more affordable and the stars of their sports far more assessable to the fans then say football. If more clubs took a leaf out of the new eagles management in they way they are marketing themselves to the general public then attendances will only increase.

Martin and Connor have breathed new life into the national league and speedway as a whole so hopefully other promoters take note and use it as a blueprint. The more people watch the more we can invest in young british riders and perhaps a few more tai woffinden's will be discovered.

Maybe mistaken but thats what i believe , but hats of to the young Dugard Martin and Connor still pushing speedway forward..andi have took on board what you have said :party:

Maybe they should demonstrate speedway bikes at a stock car meeting.

Not the other way round though as I stand on the stock car track!!

They did that a few years ago with speedway bikes on a stock car day made no difference at all. All it did was make it dusty for the stock car people. if i recall it was dean standing and gary tagg

They did that a few years ago with speedway bikes on a stock car day made no difference at all. All it did was make it dusty for the stock car people. if i recall it was dean standing and gary tagg

That must have been about 25 years ago then! Maybe try it again now?