Morley

Shanes

Owen

Coles

Terry Daley

Stokes

Phillips

Bailey

What went on at West Row yesterday? Falls and withdrawals a plenty.

Darryl Ritchings withdrew before it started as said the track wasn't safe to ride and he was right.

Cupitt broke his arm, Kirby withdrew with a knee injury and Greaves hurt his hand.

16 falls and there were 2 races where 3 riders fell in one race. Sounds like it should have been called off. If it had been EL it would have.

• Like 1

I heard that about Ritchings and it was implied I was lying on the updates site. Glad someone else heard the same. Hope the injured riders all make a speedy recovery.

Edited by RumOldBird
  • Like 1

Again incompetance by the BSPA, this meeting is held to early in the season, let the riders get a few meetings under their belt, settle into the new season then hold this qualifier. Last year the Plymouth qualifier was held on a poor Track due to the prevailent weather conditions, here we are asking inexperienced riders to race on poor Tracks that experienced riders would refuse to ride on, its simply NOT good enough by the BSPA.

• Like 1

Again it is proven stock car racing and speedway do not make good bed fellows..This track had been murdered by fridays stock car meeting and if it was not that they required qualifiers for the soon to be run under 21 final,it would probably have been called off..It turned out to be farcical speedway,,with the track only improving slightly towards the end ,,Congratulations to the qualifiers who all had to work hard to get there

• Like 2

@HeathensSpeed: Clegg: "I have to say, the track was dangerous and thats coming from someone who won the meeting. I wasnt happy with the conditions."

• Like 3

The combination of a Good Friday stock car meeting that by all accounts went on for 6+ hours with the wet weather experienced in recent days meant that conditions yesterday for the U21 qualifier were not going to be good.

Only hard work by the Mildenhall staff and experienced track curator Bob Ellis got the track round to a condition where the riders could ride round but it wasn't raceable!

Conditions did improve in the 2nd half of the meeting but it wasn't a good advert for speedway. Hopefully there wouldn't have been many first timers in the decent sized crowd cause they wouldn't have been impressed and hopefully any regulars also wouldn't be put of going to future meetings by the farcical racing!

Fair play to Kevin Jolly for going on the mic to publicly apologise for the condtions, instead of brushing it under the carpet like other promotions have done in the past!

I suspect that only the need to get the meeting done in order to get the full line up for the forthcoming U21 final was the only reason it wasn't called off!

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Like 1

Does Huggy not do the track any more? I think stocks and speedway can co exist but is about having the right equipment to repair the circuit after a wet car meeting.

Swear there were bangers at Mildenhall over the weekend? Saw them travelling that way anyway

Loved Ht.19 - James Shanes raising his arm in celebration, when crossing the line & waving on his celebration lap, to the rapturous applause of the fans - apart from that...

• Like 1

The track staff worked miracles to get the track how they did.As a club we did all we could do to get the meeting on.Ultimately it's down to the ref to call the meeting off.The amount of crap I got sent slagging off the club through twitter whilst updating was unbelievable.

As has been said.Fair play to Kevin Jolly for coming out and apologising.PhilK posted on the clubs facebook page saying as a small gesture to the fans.A free programme will be given for Sundays meeting vs Kings Lynn.

A free programe and an apology from Kevin Jolly won't make the injured riders any better. I didn't attend yesterday but from what I have read the track was a disgrace. I remember watching the Tigers v the Scunthorpe stags when Heeps and Birks couldn't turn the bikes in the first bend so it's not the first time the track has been bad. Not to mention the cup final against Boston a few years ago.

A free programe and an apology from Kevin Jolly won't make the injured riders any better. I didn't attend yesterday but from what I have read the track was a disgrace. I remember watching the Tigers v the Scunthorpe stags when Heeps and Birks couldn't turn the bikes in the first bend so it's not the first time the track has been bad. Not to mention the cup final against Boston a few years ago.

Did I say it would make them feel better? It wasn't his decision to continue the meeting was it? Why didn't more riders take Richings stand and not ride?

The track wasn't good but the club did the best they could.Stocks and poor weather caused the problems.Just a small thing to do by offering the programme.He doesn't have to do it.Wasn't his call to abandon the meeting

I'm sure your club has a perfect track every week and there are never any problems

• Like 2

Did I say it would make them feel better? It wasn't his decision to continue the meeting was it? Why didn't more riders take Richings stand and not ride?

The track wasn't good but the club did the best they could.Stocks and poor weather caused the problems.Just a small thing to do by offering the programme.He doesn't have to do it.Wasn't his call to abandon the meeting

I'm sure your club has a perfect track every week and there are never any problems

Fair play for thinking of the fans. As you say it was not the promoters call to run the meeting. It's about time officials were held responsible for meetings being run on poor tracks. One rider pulls out before the start and Woffy tweeted before the start that the track was dangerous. Regardless of deadlines for the draw of the next round, rider safety should always come first, second and third.

• Like 4

The other riders were probably bullied by the organisers to ride yesterday and worried they would be disciplined if they refused to. And no my clubs track is not perfect every week but It has won best elite league track two years in a row so someone must like it.