Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V Poole Pirates 10th April 2015

Sorry, but if you've got a chance to change your team for the better by getting a 6.00 man in for Robbo, then head rules over heart everytime, yes Robbo hasn't had a fair chance this season, but you know what youll get from him, titles come from making harsh decisions, 6.00 man wins everytime, simple.

• Like 3

Sorry, but if you've got a chance to change your team for the better by getting a 6.00 man in for Robbo, then head rules over heart everytime, yes Robbo hasn't had a fair chance this season, but you know what youll get from him, titles come from making harsh decisions, 6.00 man wins everytime, simple.

Easier said than done, as we found with Jamrog there aren't many 6pt riders out there.

Maybe somebody needed to tell Hans that was why then as after riding for Swindon he often complained that they expected you to ride for free and then his rant on Twitter during the dinner dance about their fans not appreciating him (something to do with not being in their top 3 riders of the year) gave the impression he didn't want to return.

PK wasn't returning this year and Swindon were at a loss this year so sure if he had wanted to return he would have.

He seems to enjoy riding for the bees which is why he returned again this year. Harris always guests well for teams, the same as rory. That doesn't mean he wants to join them lol.

I do agree that 1 bad meeting doesn't make a bad rider and fans need to take the rough with the smooth. Holder wasn't a lot better but don't see the Poole fans slating him. Riders will have off nights.

On to the next meeting.

Like Steve states you know very little we didnt even discuss a deal with Hans for this year...it's not as if he is an asset so why assume we did?...stop making stuff up...btw you keep dragging the past up i.e the lack of payments is now irrelevant as the reason for that mess is no longer involved with the running of the club but then that's a bit rich considering the history of your promoter.....r.e Holder that was a cheap shot but hardly surprising with YOUR forum history...not needed

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 3

Why was Holder a cheap shot? Neither scored a lot. Wasn't a dig. If you read posts correctly you would see I mentioned how hard it must have been for Holder after last year.

Maybe you need to stop being so touchy or just looking for a argument.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

As much as I accept that there were some seriously dodgy refereeing decisions, poor managing of the tactical ride and poor performances throughout the meeting from our number 1 this meeting was over after heat 4 purely down to our own riders. You can't give teams such as Poole an 18-6 lead after 4 heats and expect to win. In those four heats we were totally out gated and in the early heats there is very rarely any grip round the fence to pass. So you are playing catch up massively by heat five against the strongest team in the league. Poole were better pure and simple. We have to be on our game from heat one. This has seemed to be problem on and off over the years now particularly in heat one. Get an advantage in heat one and it can set the tone for the whole meeting..!!!

Edited by Had
  • Like 6

Whilst Poole are one of the strongest teams in the league, if had 2 full teams (Watt/Robbo) we would have won this even with Hans having a off night. That's very encouraging.

Of course, that is a lot of opinionated guff based on no fact whatsoever, but if that's what you need to feel good about your super team-spirited, team of racers (what happened, was the track too slick or rutted perhaps?), then whatever floats your boat.

Hans has said on Twitter that both his bikes let him down last night. He's not the first rider for that to happen to and he lost out on point money.

Sarjeant also had bike problems in first couple of heats which made difference as when on good equipment he can beat any reserve at Brandon as he proved in heat 12!

Quite a few mitigating circumstances right there, for your home spanking. Funny there's no mention of Janowski only managing one ride, Gomolski injuring himself, or that Schlein wasn't guesting for Watt, but GRAJCZONEK. I can't think why you're twisting it, but oddly enough JG scored 12 from 6 at Brandon last time out.

• Like 1

Of course, that is a lot of opinionated guff based on no fact whatsoever, but if that's what you need to feel good about your super team-spirited, team of racers (what happened, was the track too slick or rutted perhaps?), then whatever floats your boat.

Quite a few mitigating circumstances right there, for your home spanking. Funny there's no mention of Janowski only managing one ride, Gomolski injuring himself, or that Schlein wasn't guesting for Watt, but GRAJCZONEK. I can't think why you're twisting it, but oddly enough JG scored 12 from 6 at Brandon last time out.

Oddly enough Hans and Sarj usually score well but didn't last night so doesn't mean Josh would have.

Magic was in losing positions when fell and the riders taking his R/R were stronger on the night than him so hardly weakened them.

Bees out scored Poole even with exclusions after heat 5 however we were not good enough in first 4 heats which you have to be to win. No excuse not having the right set ups on own track.

At the end of the day, Poole won and the bees lost. Think both teams along with Kings Lynn look very strong. Don't think either team need to worry about not making the top 4 so far.

Edited by mdmc82

Hans was poor, we know it and he knows it. I'm not concerned at all about not making the top 4. A poor start overall cost us, after heat 5 we were decent.

• Like 1

Oddly enough Hans and Sarj usually score well but didn't last night so doesn't mean Josh would have.

Magic was in losing positions when fell and the riders taking his R/R were stronger on the night than him so hardly weakened them.

Bees out scored Poole even with exclusions after heat 5 however we were not good enough in first 4 heats which you have to be to win. No excuse not having the right set ups on own track.

At the end of the day, Poole won and the bees lost. Think both teams along with Kings Lynn look very strong. Don't think either team need to worry about not making the top 4 so far.

i think you talk a lot of rubbish most of the time
  • Like 7

i think you talk a lot of rubbish most of the time

Point out which bits in statement are talking rubbish, fact from statement:

Rory & North scoring better: FACT

Poole much better in first 5 heats: FACT

Bees out scored Poole in other heats: FACT

Poole won: FACT

I personally think The 3 teams named are strongest in league, Personal opinion

Your welcome to your opinion, that's what the sites for 😄 Although sadly people seem to be looking for arguments where there aren't any.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I admit to not liking Hans, but to be fair he rarely underperforms anywhere and will doubtless be in double figures again at Poole on Wednesday, when as I've said before, Coventry are just as likely to take points from us if any of Poole's riders aren't 100% on it or have bike problems - it can happen anywhere.

Point out which bits in statement are talking rubbish, fact from statement:
Rory & North scoring better: FACT
Poole much better in first 5 heats: FACT
Bees out scored Poole in other heats: FACT
Poole won: FACT

I personally think The 3 teams named are strongest in league, Personal opinion

Your welcome to your opinion, that's what the sites for Although sadly people seem to be looking for arguments where there aren't any.

There could be a common denominator here?! :D

• Like 4

I admit to not liking Hans, but to be fair he rarely underperforms anywhere and will doubtless be in double figures again at Poole on Wednesday, when as I've said before, Coventry are just as likely to take points from us if any of Poole's riders aren't 100% on it or have bike problems - it can happen anywhere.

Well said Skidder and nice to have somebody post who isn't being negative about everything.

Unfortunately meetings are unpredictable and bike problems, ref decisions and injuries can change a night. Think Poole will be hard to beat this season esp at home as look strong.

You should read some of the crap on facebook .Apparently, Hans' poor scoring was due to the fact were riding against Poole! :rofl:

• Like 1

There could be a common denominator here?! :D

Agree. Unfortunately there are a handful of people who regularly don't come on here to talk speedway but just find fault constantly in everything other posters write.

You should read some of the crap on facebook .Apparently, Hans' poor scoring was due to the fact were riding against Poole! :rofl:

Haha it just gets better and better doesn't it. Best bit is I bet a lot of them didn't even go last night and just gojng by the update site.

Interesting that an elite league heat leader can replace a premier league rider and then ride as a second string. Shows how ridiculous the sport has become. I know it's legal but it's just daft and handed Poole the win

Gavan you omit to mention that Watt [a heat leader] due to injury was replaced by Grajczonek, who has a lower a average than Watt. This then made North [a second string] into a heat leader, giving him harder rides. If Schlein had replaced Watt would that have been Ok? But don't let that distract you from your moan about Poole.

Edited by BROCK
  • Like 3