British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Is Rich Lawson The New Harry Kane?

A bit like Harry the rest of the side are making him look good. :wink:

Joking aside Lawson has improved season on season for the hammers and is a supporters favourite. Harry is having a great season and like Richard currently the one shining star in the team.

• Like 2

If he keeps wining it will do for me.

There are not many genuine riders now who will miss the gate and win the race from the back! Perhaps a sign of the times, tracks/equipment!

I wonder how many more world titles Jack Young would have won if he could gate? Or how few Ivan would have won if he lost his skills at the gate?

Gating tart. Vary rarely pulls off a genuine overtake.

Good for him. That's the easiest way to do it and it's hardly held back Greg Hancock has it?

Such a shame he didn't start riding until he was in his 20's, if he'd at 16 and improved at the rate he has he'd only be 22 or 23 now and we'd be raving about a potential future World Champion. Although referring back to Hancock again, Richard could have another 15+ years left in him yet so who knows? He seems to have slipped under the radar and gone about his business in a steady fashion.

I honestly though he'd managed to get himself an inflated average last year due to being a second string all season but he seems to have started off in fine form - I doubt there will be many rider go to Poole and drop just two points all night - certainly not heat leaders.

Edited by SCB

I thought the same as you scb, and could only see his average dropping as a heat leader. Has proved me wrong so far this season, along with nicholls the form brit of early season

I thought the same as you scb, and could only see his average dropping as a heat leader. Has proved me wrong so far this season, along with nicholls the form brit of early season

It's a very good start from Lawson but remember we are still in April, things change as a season progresses.

My question is if you are constantly knocking out high scores in the EL why is there the need to double up..............

And that is not just aimed at Lawson its any rider...............

RP

Doubling up means more earnings and is necessary if there aren't any foreign opportunities.

Good for him. That's the easiest way to do it and it's hardly held back Greg Hancock has it?

Such a shame he didn't start riding until he was in his 20's, if he'd at 16 and improved at the rate he has he'd only be 22 or 23 now and we'd be raving about a potential future World Champion. Although referring back to Hancock again, Richard could have another 15+ years left in him yet so who knows? He seems to have slipped under the radar and gone about his business in a steady fashion.

richard lawson born feb 1986 , so to put in another 15 + years in speedway will take some doing. pk is an exception and hancock.

harry kane plays football, richard doesn't .

Edited by jenga