Lakeside V Swindon 10th April 2015

EARLY(ISH!) MORNING RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

The sun has got its hat on
Hip hip hip hooray
The sun has got its hat on
and the Vortex Lakeside Hammers
will be coming out to play!

Tonight at 8pm against Rosco and his rockin Robins from Wiltshire

The hugely popular youngsters will be out racing prior to the main event at 7.30pm so don't leave getting to the Arena until the last minute.

NO problems with the weather anticipated according to the met office so see ya later one and all.
  • Like 1

Only problem is, they are not the Rockin Robins, so got to be an easy win for the Hammers I fear !!!

• Like 1

Hoping Swindon can nick a point but looks unlikely against the Hammers at home.

Only problem is, they are not the Rockin Robins, so got to be an easy win for the Hammers I fear !!!

Think the Robins will do well to hit 30 points tonight.

Would love us to get a point tonight but cannot see that happening with this team of guests and the Hammers results at home.

• Like 1

4.30pm Raceday Weather Update:

Everything A1 tickety boo as far as the weather is concerned so, as some bloke once said apparently, come on down! First junior race 7.30pm

Edited by Bryn

I'm going tonight because the weather looks good and I want to see Max Fricke and Ben Morely again but honestly this isn't Swindon is it? If it was cricket it would be called Swindon Select As has been said - let's not go there.But surely a situation like this must be addressed sooner or later.

• Like 1

There is no way to address a situation like this other than a squad system, and there isn't nearly enough decent riders who want to take part to make it work :(

There is a way as Poole proved last season when they had riders missing but allegedly only the home team can postpone a meeting.

Can't blame Lakeside for wanting a guaranteed home win.

• Like 1

Can't believe this meeting is going ahead.

Totally mockery. Elite League - they are having a laugh.

• Like 1

There is no way to address a situation like this other than a squad system, and there isn't nearly enough decent riders who want to take part to make it work :(

I am not sure I follow your logic - you propose a solution and then shoot it down.

Given there are only 8 EL teams, the ability to draw on suitable guests is somewhat constrained and made even worse when other EL meetings are taking place at the same time.

Edited by TonyE

62 - 28, beaten like a ginger stepchild.

I've never understood why guests have to be riders from other teams. Surely a guest "pool" would be better. A list of riders from abroad who'd be willing to ride occasional as and when suits them and the clubs needing a guest. Surely Woffy, Nicki, Klindt etc as guests if better than Nicholls and Schlein guesting for teams every week?

I've never understood why guests have to be riders from other teams. Surely a guest "pool" would be better. A list of riders from abroad who'd be willing to ride occasional as and when suits them and the clubs needing a guest. Surely Woffy, Nicki, Klindt etc as guests if better than Nicholls and Schlein guesting for teams every week?

That is a virtual pre-requisite given the paucity of suitable guests in the scenario I outlined earlier - very limited (suitable) guest pool at present i.e. UK based riders.

That is a virtual pre-requisite given the paucity of suitable guests in the scenario I outlined earlier - very limited (suitable) guest pool at present i.e. UK based riders.

Woffy and Nicki live here for a start. But how is bringing in a guest from abroad any different to bringing in regular rider form abroad? As long as Klindt knows to expect a few guest bookings he can have bikes over here waiting. Same with any other possible guests. Theres loads of riders out there. And if it fails, well nothing lost as people will just revert to using Rory Schlein all the time but I don't see why clubs should be prevented form at least trying to get some different riders over here. It's surely better to have riders not associated with any other club than every club using Rory!