British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Swindon 10th April 2015

Friday April 10, 2015;

ELITE LEAGUE

LAKESIDE 62: Mikkel Bech 12+2, Andreas Jonsson 12+1, Edward Kennett 11+1, Kim Nilsson 9, Adam Ellis 7+1, Richard Lawson 6+3, Ashley Birks 5+1

SWINDON 28: Scott Nicholls 9, Grzegor Zengota 6, Nick Morris 5+1, Max Fricke 4, Josh Bates 2+1, Ben Morley 2+1, Troy Batchelor r/r

Elite League points: Lakeside 3 Swindon 0

62 - 28, beaten like a ginger stepchild.

Only a retard would post something like that..

• Like 2

You cant blame lakeside as they were at full strenth,but surely we should follow other countries and have a "squad system" to allow riders to come in at short notice and teams to track riders in their own squad .why are we stuck in our ways and dont see the need to change? Its crazy,i love to know why we dont offer riders in the squad system,is it because of retainers and simply about money?But take Craig Cook for example,hes done great to get a team place in Poland,but he wont ride every sunday,so what kinda contract is he on and why cant we offer similar to overseas riders?

Edited by speedwaysliders

Where would the riders come from to take teams from sevrn men to a 12 man squad? And where would the money come from to pay a retainer to these riders? And why would a rider sign up to a side knowing he may not be used and hence get no point money?

You can understand it in poland given the better potential earnings and opportunity to develop as a rider.

Edit: agree with scbs concept of guest pool however.

I've never understood why guests have to be riders from other teams. Surely a guest "pool" would be better. A list of riders from abroad who'd be willing to ride occasional as and when suits them and the clubs needing a guest. Surely Woffy, Nicki, Klindt etc as guests if better than Nicholls and Schlein guesting for teams every week?

I totally agree and said the same thing last night at Lakeside.

Surely a stand-by pool of riders is possible as the amount of Guests used already this season seems more than ever.

Lakeside went out there last night and did what they had to do.

The speed AJ shows going into the second bend on the outside is fantastic.

I cannot see any team (not even Poole)getting anything at Lakeside with the top 5 of the Hammers.

Nilsson quickest time of night,Bech is getting going and we know how solid Kennett and Awesome are.

Evening was very slow with the lights problem and tractor solo racing.

There has to be something better than the guest system we currently use. Ideally a rider should only represent one club in any given season. Squads would be best but a guest pool sounds like it's worth consideration too. High time we had a group of people with a bit of foresight running things!

• Like 1

I don't understand the lights issue - it was, I believe, the 'outside' set (as opposed to the centre green towers) that went off.

The centre green lights are more than adequate for track lighting (indeed, years ago, the other set didn't exist) with the perimeter lighting doing more to illuminate the stock car track bends than the shale surface.

I don't understand the lights issue - it was, I believe, the 'outside' set (as opposed to the centre green towers) that went off.

The centre green lights are more than adequate for track lighting (indeed, years ago, the other set didn't exist) with the perimeter lighting doing more to illuminate the stock car track bends than the shale surface.

At least one of the centre green lights went out as well . I thought it looked very shadowy coming off bend 4.

There has to be something better than the guest system we currently use. Ideally a rider should only represent one club in any given season. Squads would be best but a guest pool sounds like it's worth consideration too. High time we had a group of people with a bit of foresight running things!

The sport has been wrestling with the guest rider problem for over 50 years, and nobody has come up with a viable alternative.

How would a pool system be funded ? The problem as I see it is that a rider in the "pool" would still have to have a couple of bikes over here plus a workshop of some kind, a van, and a mechanic/helper available at short notice. Where is he going to earn the money to pay for that set-up with possibly only a handful off meetings per season. Even if you had a pool system, you can still get, for example, a rider, injured on a Wednesday and a replacement needed on Thursday which leaves you in an impossible position in trying to fly someone in.

Even with a pool system you would still get Joe Bloggs riding for Poole against Coventry one week and Coventry against Poole another week.

It is supposed to be an Elite League - so you might reasonably expect teams to have arrangements in hand for contingencies and not need Joe Bloggs.

It is either Elite or it is not. :)

It is supposed to be an Elite League - so you might reasonably expect teams to have arrangements in hand for contingencies and not need Joe Bloggs.

It is either Elite or it is not. :)

We have been through all this about 50 times before you joined the forum. A smiley face doesn't change a comment that's been done before into someting original.

• Like 1

The sport has been wrestling with the guest rider problem for over 50 years, and nobody has come up with a viable alternative.

Spot on ...just like most people I don't enjoy the guest rule but I have never known anyone involved in speedway or anyone on here come up with a better and workable idea ...so intill then we still have to grin and bear it .

It may not be original but it is still true.

It's not Original and it's not true ..in fact it's original as all . these names you post under .

Seems I have rattled a cage.

First move on here is to accuse a person of having different names to post under. Maybe I am KKS.

Can't see any reason why people rush to defend the Elite League.

Seems I have rattled a cage.

First move on here is to accuse a person of having different names to post under. Maybe I am KKS.

Can't see any reason why people rush to defend the Elite League.

Who is kks ? seeing you only member since 28th feb ?

• Like 1

Who is kks ? seeing you only member since 28th feb ?

He is legendary

• Like 1