British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Workington Comets, League Cup , Sunday April 12th 2015 At 3pm

Tapes malfunction in a couple off heats nothing for the usual suspects to cream themself's about although as i see they can't help it jealousy is a terrible trait and it appears they are almost praying that something goes wrong.

its always nice when you get a chance to rubbish the BETTER team as you dont know when you are going to get the opportunity again. just like if you were a rangers fan, you look forward to celtic having a poor game . its all in the human brain. diss the better clubs and all that.. got to say, i like the results coming from rye house meetings..

sorry to edit your post gazc.

enjoyable meeting with more good races than bad. Workington were perhaps better than the score suggests as konopka fell whist in scoring positions twice, I think. considering he gets a fair bit of negative comments I have seen a lot worse(looked much faster than his fellow reserve) and a lack of effort isn't an issue for him. if we ever get decent weather then the tracks gonnae serve up a cracker soon, 7 days time perhaps?

• Like 2

Come back Billy Wilson.

I must admit that a similar thought crossed my mind re the folk that set the tapes up, although of course its easy to criticise on the sidelines. I did wonder why they seemed to focus on the side that was going up instead of focusing on the side that was sticking.

Even when both sides were rising virtually simultaneously they seemed oblivious to the fact that the tapes themselves were far too slack, so much so that when the tapes went up the sides were higher much quicker than the middle which was sagging badly - thus blocking the riders in the middle from gating just that vital fraction which was what held back Morris in Heat 9 - the tapes rose to allow the outside gates away quickly but the middle was sagging badly and inhibitted Morris just that fraction from gating at the same time - hence Morris was only third in that heat as he was blocked for a split second by the tapes rising later in the middle of the track where Morris gated from that heat.

enjoyable meeting with more good races than bad. Workington were perhaps better than the score suggests as konopka fell whist in scoring positions twice, I think. considering he gets a fair bit of negative comments I have seen a lot worse(looked much faster than his fellow reserve) and a lack of effort isn't an issue for him. if we ever get decent weather then the tracks gonnae serve up a cracker soon, 7 days time perhaps?

i wasnt there and ill hold my hands up and say ive never been to glasgow

but its a pitty more dont look at the actual meetings instead of the final scores

riders should be judged on there on track efforts not what they score in the meeting

Comets might of got something today if Hansen didn't ride like a reserve and bach never had to withdraw.

He rode like a reserve for Coventry most of last season, can't see him cutting the mustard as a PL number 1 when you look at the top riders in that league.

As I said when he signed, he'll have good meetings where he scores 13, bad meetings where he scores 1, and meetings where he score anything in between. He'll be up and down from meeting to meeting and some times ride to ride. He'll end the season on a 6.5ish average and frustrate the hell out of the Workington fans.

As I said when he signed, he'll have good meetings where he scores 13, bad meetings where he scores 1, and meetings where he score anything in between. He'll be up and down from meeting to meeting and some times ride to ride. He'll end the season on a 6.5ish average and frustrate the hell out of the Workington fans.

Perfectly summed up really! I think he'll do slightly better than 6.5, probably low 7's but he's not a number 1 by any means.

Good win for Glasgow, this section is bubbling up nicely , Can't believe how quickly the track dried out today, you should have seen it at 1030am ! . Berge looking back on it and Sarjeant beginning to get to grips with his new home, special mention to Aaron Summers who is proving a few of the doubters wrong when the team was getting put together in the winter, averaging paid 9 from our first 5 meetings, Nice.

• Like 4

It baffles me why anyone would want to be a speedway promotor - throw a load of money at it to get nothing but abuse and criticism in return! Let's at least give this side a chance before calling for changes, we've had 1 home meeting for crying out loud! Kenneth made a comment on the Facebook page that it his machinery and not his injury which is troubling him and that will be sorted this week. He was fantastic around at home against Newcastle, a real entertainer that got the crowd involved.

As for yesterday some of the decisions didn't go for us but no complaints from me about the overall result. I'm sure Glasgow will hand out plenty of beatings around Ashfield this season. I think it will be closer when we come up for the league match again. I'm looking forward to returning to see the continued improvements that are being made, its certainly looking good and a vast improvement on what was there

• Like 8

A few pictures from yesterday ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/glasgowtigersspeedway/

appreciate the photos george,(for those of us who were not there )a nice even balance of home and away riders in points scoring positions. not the usual pics of 1/2 riders from the home team. nice and clear too. felt as though i was there when i looked at them. good pic showing the offending starting gate !

and how on earth did the new promotion manage to paint the roofs red on the flats in the back ground ?

looks good all around. happy daze for glasgee speedway..

maybe next time eh.

• Like 2

Bit of a shame for the Comets to lose by so many, had a view on the updates site and we were well in there for a reasonable result, sadly we seem to have just petered out when it mattered, losing Rene didn't help or Kenneth not being up to speed but, never mind, could have been better, certainly could have been worse!! ;)

Glasgow, to their credit, look to have a useful side this year and will easily be more than competitive once everyone is up and running, hope to be able to see you at some point this year although Saturday wont be that occasion, work I'm afraid has stuffed that but, good luck too all and have a good season!! ;)

Just seen on the tigers page some want to throw dummy ** on the track when cookie comes next week how childish can some people be

Just seen on the tigers page some want to throw dummy ** on the track when cookie comes next week how childish can some people be

i can remeber the opposite at workington a good few years back when alan mogridge had a few words with kenny feeron the old start marshall on his next vist he brought kenny a dummy much to the crowds entertainment

just be carefull cookie dosnt return in force im led to believe he changed his setup saturday and scored a max at berwick

Edited by scarra

appreciate the photos george,(for those of us who were not there )a nice even balance of home and away riders in points scoring positions. not the usual pics of 1/2 riders from the home team. nice and clear too. felt as though i was there when i looked at them. good pic showing the offending starting gate !

and how on earth did the new promotion manage to paint the roofs red on the flats in the back ground ?

looks good all around. happy daze for glasgee speedway..

maybe next time eh.

Thanks for that jenga I'm conscious of trying to portay a balanced view of the meeting.

Not always successful, just depends on what turns out.

Appreciate the comments. ;)

• Like 1