British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

British U21 Final, Coventry, 14/04/15

From speedwaygb.co

THE draw has been made for the British Under-21 Final and competitors will also be striving to win the Lee Richardson Memorial Shield.

The showpiece event takes place on Tuesday April 14 at Coventry with a national title at stake as well as places in the World Under-21 qualifying series.

And the British Speedway Promoters Association has commissioned a special shield in memory of the former World Under-21 Champion and regular Great Britain international, who lost his life in a track crash in 2012.

The winner of the meeting will keep the shield for 12 months and will also receive a replica keepsake.

British Youth boss Neil Vatcher said: After a tough semi-final at Mildenhall on Sunday on a track that caused some concern due to some real grippy patches in places, and there being a number of fallers, the meeting was eventually completed after three hours of racing, and its fair to say the nine qualifiers were all delighted to make it through to the Final.

Its an exciting line up with six Elite League riders competing along with five riders making their British Under 21 debuts.

The title of British Champion is on the line with the favourites sure to be Elite League stars Robert Lambert and Kyle Howarth, along with reigning Under 21 Champion Josh Bates who will be defending his title, and current and former British Under 19 champions Oliver Greenwood and Stefan Nielsen plus there is also the small matter of trying to grab one of the places for the FIM World Under 21 Semi Final which is being held at the end of May.

DRAW: 1 Robert Lambert (Kings Lynn/Peterborough), 2 Danny Phillips (Stoke), 3 James Shanes (Kent), 4 Oliver Greenwood (Peterborough), 5 Kyle Howarth (Swindon/Workington), 6 Marc Owen (Eastbourne), 7 Ashley Morris (Kings Lynn/Plymouth) 8 Josh Bailey (Kings Lynn Young Stars), 9 Max Clegg (Edinburgh/Cradley), 10 Josh Bates (Wolverhampton/Sheffield), 11 Ryan Terry-Daley (Stoke), 12 Stefan Nielsen (Belle Vue/Ipswich), 13 Adam Ellis (Lakeside/Birmingham), 14 Ben Morley (Redcar/Kent), 15 Connor Coles (Mildenhall), 16 Tom Stokes (Kings Lynn Young Stars). Reserves: 17 Connor Mountain (Mildenhall), 18 Danno Verge (Kent).

The way Robert has started the season, has to be a top contender.

Lambert/Howarth then probably Bates.

• Like 1

Weather is looking good for this so hopefully going to make it to cheer on Lambert and Greenwood.

Definitely 1 of howarth and lambert im going to side with robert.

• Like 1

Admission prices for this meeting are:

Adults £12, Concessions £10, under 16 FREE, programme £2.50

• Like 1

Rob, the gates will open at 6pm.

Is Lambert definitely riding in the meeting ? I think if i was him i would give this one a miss!!

Is Lambert definitely riding in the meeting ? I think if i was him i would give this one a miss!!

i don't understand. Why would you give it a miss? If he wins he not only would be u21 british champion but also chance to be entered into the world under 21 championship.

This is no disrespect to the other riders, but i feel some of them will be riding out of ther skins. A lot of pressure on him to win. Its like last night at Plymouth, on a 4 ride paid max, meeting won, so why put him out in heat 15 ? Crazy if you ask me! But just my opinion

i don't understand. Why would you give it a miss? If he wins he not only would be u21 british champion but also chance to be entered into the world under 21 championship.

This is no disrespect to the other riders, but i feel some of them will be riding out of ther skins. A lot of pressure on him to win. Its like last night at Plymouth, on a 4 ride paid max, meeting won, so why put him out in heat 15 ? Crazy if you ask me! But just my opinion

Because he was quoted in wanting to ride, your not going to want to piss off the rider who is right on form at the minute.

Because he was quoted in wanting to ride, your not going to want to piss off the rider who is right on form at the minute.

NO bigger fan than Lambert than me, but i do think he needs handling like a crate of eggs!