British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

British U21 Final, Coventry, 14/04/15

NO bigger fan than Lambert than me, but i do think he needs handling like a crate of eggs!

Or maybe a young speedway rider who wants to race his bike should be encourage to race as often as possible and get better at it all the time.

Or maybe a young speedway rider who wants to race his bike should be encourage to race as often as possible and get better at it all the time.

Exactly, IMO at the age of 17, its all about laps and experience, he needs heat 15's and big heats to learn his trade more.

This is no disrespect to the other riders, but i feel some of them will be riding out of ther skins. A lot of pressure on him to win. Its like last night at Plymouth, on a 4 ride paid max, meeting won, so why put him out in heat 15 ? Crazy if you ask me! But just my opinion

Personally think there would be the same pressure on Howarth as an ex bees rider and the meeting being at Brandon. Lambert struggled on both visits last year although seems to have improved of late. Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Personally think there would be the same pressure on Howarth as an ex bees rider and the meeting being at Brandon.

Yes i take your point

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Lambert is one of the most level headed youngsters around and as scb says just wants to race, got to be one of the favourites bearing in mind his current form.

• Like 3

Lambert is one of the most level headed youngsters around and as scb says just wants to race, got to be one of the favourites bearing in mind his current form.

Cant wait to see him hit the ground running in poland etc soon, wonder if he entering the GP qualifiers :P

Cant wait to see him hit the ground running in poland etc soon, wonder if he entering the GP qualifiers :P

IMO mentally, physically, experience, he is a long way off even thinking about GP qualifiers

• Like 1

I'd go for Howarth just for the fact he has had plenty of laps round Brandon. Olly Greenwood to get into the top 4 too.

IMO mentally, physically, experience, he is a long way off even thinking about GP qualifiers

How much experience did Emil have when he first rode in the GPs? And won one? I'm not saying Robert is near that yet but experience counts for nothing if you don't use it properly etc. If Robert decides to go down the route of the qualifiers and make it to the GPs then he's ready! I still think he's a few years of doing that anyway but I'd love to see him give it a go. Rather him than Nicholls, Kennett and King again!

Such a shame that a rider could reel off five wins on the bounce, and still not be crowned champion. Semi's and finals have no place in a one off meeting imo. GP's are a different kettle of fish..

• Like 7

Such a shame that a rider could reel off five wins on the bounce, and still not be crowned champion. Semi's and finals have no place in a one off meeting imo. GP's are a different kettle of fish..

I agree five rides Lambert should of won the meeting, Lambert was a point better was 1.1head to head yet loses the meeting not right for me others will see it different.
  • Like 1

Had a feeling Howarth's extra experience would tell in the end. Well done to him, Robert has four more goes to win it at least.

What happened to Adam Ellis?

Withdrew due to a family bereavement.