British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs - League Cup 19th April 2015

Yes I did, of Gr8scot.

You decided to take advantage though and grass on someone else.

Ok, I'll play your game, I never defended anyone's gestures and I'm not one of those who made them. I merely pointed out that we would never applaud Nick Morris. I'm not on the defensive as I personally, have nothing to defend..... Sorry to disappoint. I don't condone the gestures but they were well earned by Mr Morris

Ok, I'll play your game, I never defended anyone's gestures and I'm not one of those who made them. I merely pointed out that we would never applaud Nick Morris. I'm not on the defensive as I personally, have nothing to defend..... Sorry to disappoint. I don't condone the gestures but they were well earned by Mr Morris

If we're playing games here I will play yours if you think for one minute a few hand gestures bothers Nick in any way shape or form then they are seriously mistaken in there sad wee world it will in all likelihood spur him on more to ram it down there throats and if you think this behaviour is well earned you are every bit as bad as them

Edited by Gazc

I'm not playing a game.

Pity you have to read things into a simple observational post, otherwise we could have a decent debate.

Us monarchs are never wrong or in the wrong for that matter i thought you would learned that by now.

• Like 1

Us monarchs are never wrong or in the wrong for that matter i thought you would learned that by now.

The only thing I have learned is you talk some amount off drivel

The only thing I have learned is you talk some amount off drivel

At least you've learnt something. ;)

• Like 1

At least you've learnt something. ;)

Surely someone can censor you after a certain time say you can't post after 8pm and no posts before 7.59pm

• Like 1

Surely someone can censor you after a certain time say you can't post after 8pm and no posts before 7.59pm

Don't know about that but maybe wait a couple of hours next time after a bad meeting before posting on here seems like a good idea.

Don't know about that but maybe wait a couple of hours next time after a bad meeting before posting on here seems like a good idea.

No. And that comes from someone with a lot more practice of bad meetings than you have!

You didn't have a bad meeting we had a good one and you just turned it around.

I find the criticism Cook gets quite baffling...and basically who cares if this is the peak of his speedway career because his peak is still higher than the majority of riders reach...I'm sure he can live with that !

I don't recall other second division stalwarts like Tom Owen, John Jackson and the like getting stick for sitting at the top of the second division averages and they didn't even want to ride top league speedway which Cook does....his record and his career is fine even if it goes no higher than this.

Yes, Cook is a very talented speedway rider, I absolutely agree. However, in my humble opinion he doesn't do himself any favours by the way he conducts himself. Speedway fans across the sport in general would have more respect and regard for him if he conducted himself more like for example Les Collins when he rode for Edinburgh. Many speedway fans, including those of Glasgow, had a respect and a regard for Les that they don't have for Cook because of the way he conducts himself. I can't remember the last time I saw Cook offer a handshake after a race - especially when Cook has been beaten fair and square. Collins had the good grace to offer his hand after a duel on track - Cook tends to never do so that I've ever seen. He comes across to me as being maybe a bit petulant and immature, and I apologise to any Edinburgh supporter and to the rider himself - I don't mean to be unfair - but in my humble opinion Cook doesn't do himself any favours by the way he behaves. Now you may well say that he isn't there to do favours etc - yes he is there to win races - but after the race is over he should have the good grace to be sportsmanlike and all too often he appears to me to show petulance and immaturity and of being a bad loser and a poor sportsman. Les Collins wasn't like that and that's where I personally had loads of respect and regard for Les Collins that I don't have for Cook. Just my personal opinion.

at least i've seen one of my teams lift the scottish cup the other still living in hope but trips to hampden as a hibee never seems to go very well these days.

Oh I don't know, I thought it went VERY well :P. COYB!

• Like 1

its like KRAMER V KRAMER all over again..lol.

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Listen!!!!

If the Magyar division of the Monarchs fan club wish to wave a 2 fingered salute at Morris as he wheelies past in victory,I,m OK with that.

Mutual loathing is fine, and no one was hurt.......this time

Listen!!!!

If the Magyar division of the Monarchs fan club wish to wave a 2 fingered salute at Morris as he wheelies past in victory,I,m OK with that.

Mutual loathing is fine, and no one was hurt.......this time

Listen!!!

Accidents happen in speedway. Get over it. Nick didn't go out to hurt anyone. Why would he endanger himself??

• Like 2