Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs - League Cup 19th April 2015

Listen!!!!

If the Magyar division of the Monarchs fan club wish to wave a 2 fingered salute at Morris as he wheelies past in victory,I,m OK with that.

Mutual loathing is fine, and no one was hurt.......this time

It obviously motivates Nick, otherwise why Tweet it.

BTW, do you have kids? Not particularly pleasant trying to explain to a kid what a lady is shouting to a rider!

As I had to do with a 10 year old first meeting.

Social responsibility? Family sport? Etc.

• Like 1

ACH George I,m sure as a parent you are good at making up stories and with a bit of diplomacy explaining to a 10 yo in terms they will understand and adding a wee dose of humour!

To Nagy,s point yes accidents happen but a few are unforgettable and live long in the memory.No rider I believe puts themselves or anyone else in harms way,but occasionally poor judgment and reckless riding can lead to disaster. October 2013 was one such occasion.

It,s not possible to forget when someone as passive and polite as wee Joe ends on the dog track with a thigh bone exposed.

Morris may call it a racing accident,maybe he,s right and an contrite apology would be a start. Monarchs fans who witnessed the crash are not likely to forget or forgive it,this will continue to boo,give the fingers to reflect the injustice of it all.

I,ve been watching speedway on and off for 41 years and in my view it,s the worst incident I,ve seen

Edited by Fenway Bleachers
  • Like 1

ACH George I,m sure as a parent you are good at making up stories and with a bit of diplomacy explaining to a 10 yo in terms they will understand and adding a wee dose of humour!

To Nagy,s point yes accidents happen but a few are unforgettable and live long in the memory.No rider I believe puts themselves or anyone else in harms way,but occasionally poor judgment and reckless riding can lead to disaster. October 2013 was one such occasion.

It,s not possible to forget when someone as passive and polite as wee Joe ends on the dog track with a thigh bone exposed.

Morris may call it a racing accident,maybe he,s right and an contrite apology would be a start. Monarchs fans who witnessed the crash are not likely to forget or forgive it,this will continue to boo,give the fingers to reflect the injustice of it all.

I,ve been watching speedway on and off for 41 years and in my view it,s the worst incident I,ve seen

Wasn't intentional by Morris - just commited to outside line, Joe drifted wide & Morris clipped his back wheel. Just didn't react quick enough

• Like 1

Speedway is full off injustice just ask Simon Stead or Adam Roynon do you seriously think for one minute Nick or any rider for that matter would go out to intentionally injure a fellow pro the bile targeted towards Nick is laughable and for adults to behave this way in front off children is well let's just say the children behave better you lot really need to get a life.

But he shouldn't have to that is the point the least said about that statement the better as it doesn't merit debate.

• Like 2

I'll admit it i'm a terrible loser no matter what it is. Losing to glasgow though is one that i don't take very well as you have probably noticed.

Going to be a long season for you then. ;)

Have you considered changing your name from Mr Blobby to Mr Blubby? Might be more appropriate come September time. :P

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Taken from your post (don't know how to isolate just a part of it)

"Speedway is full off injustice just ask Simon Stead or Adam Roynon do you seriously think for one minute Nick or any rider for that matter would go out to intentionally injure a fellow pro the bile targeted towards Nick is laughable and for adults to behave this way in front off children is well let's just say the children behave better you lot really need to get a life.

C'mon Gaz I am not saying Fenway is correct in his attitude but I think maybe some of your brethren from the west behaved pretty much the same to the Fish, the great Satan was one of his more polite nicknames from your supporters.

Its sport, its tribal and some people (supporters) over react in the heat of the moment, not ideal but I don't know the answer apart from stepping back from this.

Really?

Funnily enough you brush it off without even knowing what was said.

Some of the Monarchs on here are ones you can have banter and debate with, they know where the line is drawn and can admit their mistakes, or can be impartial when its crossed i.e. Mr Blobby, Dekker, Ekimba, Young51.

Others can't.

If you think it's acceptable for a 10 year old to hear grown women shout abuse that's your standards, but not mine.

FYI, amongst other things they were shouting ... "F...ing wan..er" "F...ing rapist"

If you think that's acceptable then so be it.

I don't.

Glasgow are trying to promote speedway as a family sport ... only takes a few to undo the good work.

• Like 3

Morris was always going to get a little stick when he races against Edinburgh, the fact that he is now racing back with Glasgow has got there backs up, if he was racing for a team down south I don't think it would be quite so bad, Some of the name calling was out of order but passions run high in these meetings and the Monarchs ain't used to losing to Glasgow home or away, Friday should be a cracker!

Wasn't intentional by Morris - just commited to outside line, Joe drifted wide & Morris clipped his back wheel. Just didn't react quick enough

If that is true then it seems to me that there are a number of individuals that claim to be Edinburgh "supporters" that surely need to take a long hard look at themselves - condoning two fingered offensive gestures in a public place, condoning the shouting of vile expletives and vulgar obscenities in front of children (as also stated on this thread). This, added to my earlier point about never having seen Cook offer a handshake when he has lost an on track duel, he never seems to have the good grace to do so. It doesn't exactly bode well for the team and the sport they claim to support or supposedly represent. I say bring back Les Collins - now there was a guy that conducted himself as a true sportsman that you could respect, have a genuine regard for and look up to regardless of team allegiances and when standards among supporters were rather more family friendly and the sport was a joy to be a part of.

No George that kind of language and expletives are not justified in any sporting arena. I would not defend that at Ashfield or in the street. I would not excuse that outburst from anyone and despair if fans of the blue and gold resorted to that within your earshot.

Disappointing that kids exposed to that at a sporting event. I guess they will hear that kind of language in many aspects of life even school classrooms these days I learn,but it does not excuse it.

I,m sure you explained such neanderthal lingo as it merited to the wee one. It may be banter at football grounds but needs weeded out and banned at speedway before we end up considering segregation to avoid conflict,and that would be very sad.

I,will continue to Boo Morris, and banter and share the sweeties with Weegies supporters in the Armadale shed or Ashfield back straight as always.

Enjoy Friday everyone,shout,bawl Boo whoever you want but keep the language sensible for the company you are in, then shake hands at the end and commiserate with the beaten Weegies but thank them for coming!!

• Like 3

No George that kind of language and expletives are not justified in any sporting arena. I would not defend that at Ashfield or in the street. I would not excuse that outburst from anyone and despair if fans of the blue and gold resorted to that within your earshot.

Disappointing that kids exposed to that at a sporting event. I guess they will hear that kind of language in many aspects of life even school classrooms these days I learn,but it does not excuse it.

I,m sure you explained such neanderthal lingo as it merited to the wee one. It may be banter at football grounds but needs weeded out and banned at speedway before we end up considering segregation to avoid conflict,and that would be very sad.

I,will continue to Boo Morris, and banter and share the sweeties with Weegies supporters in the Armadale shed or Ashfield back straight as always.

Enjoy Friday everyone,shout,bawl Boo whoever you want but keep the language sensible for the company you are in, then shake hands at the end and commiserate with the beaten Weegies but thank them for coming!!

Agree 100% ;)

The Monarchs hate Nick , excellent . We love him

• Like 1

Some of the Monarchs on here are ones you can have banter and debate with, they know where the line is drawn and can admit their mistakes, or can be impartial when its crossed i.e. Mr Blobby, Dekker, Ekimba, Young51. .

I hope I fall into this catagory 👍

I think Morris is a marmite figure then paulco, bit like fisher and grieves before him. as long as we avoid bad crashes and terracing bile and expletives..... that`s good for rivalry North of Border.

Tongue in cheek........looks like george is joining me with the Morris encore on friday.......i`ll start the boo just as he parades past the shed george you join in when you are comfy !!

I think Morris is a marmite figure then paulco, bit like fisher and grieves before him. as long as we avoid bad crashes and terracing bile and expletives..... that`s good for rivalry North of Border.

Tongue in cheek........looks like george is joining me with the Morris encore on friday.......i`ll start the boo just as he parades past the shed george you join in when you are comfy !!

I would enjoy meeting up, unfortunately work calls.

Next time then.