British Speedway Forum
steven101

Eastbourne V Kings Lynn 19/04/15

Easy, Danny scores a 15 point max and Lynn win by a point. Sorted

Somehow I think if Danny scores a 15 point maximum, KL will be on the wrong end of a slaughter!

Funny enough I feel a bit the same about Shane Hazelden. He is local and a good friend of my son (since school) and has also helped with advise an equipment for my sons own bike and riding.,so I want him to do good but a good Eastie win. Sorry Shane but an Eastbourne win comes first!

• Like 1

other than his poor start at eastborne there is no-one in the kings lyn team he cant beat so a paid 15 is not out of the question

Still trying to get my breath back. 64- 24 looks a big bore but it was anything but. James Cockle gated really well but his head must have been in a whirl in heat 1 when Mason flew by inside him on the home straight whilst Andrews was doing the same on the outside. 1st to third in a matter of yards without actually doing anything wrong. If that wasn't enough he made another great gate in heat 13 but after leading for a couple of laps fending off Mason on the inside they came out of turn two and Wilson Dean went round the outside of both. Next turn Mason got the inside pass he was looking for and relegated cockle to third again. Heat 15 looked to be the same again but Wilson Dean went round the boards and went by coming out of turn two. A good tussle ensued between Mason and Cockle with Cockle just hanging on. The only downside was the accidents, Only Mason and BWD avoided an incident. After two falls Kelsey carried on but later Owen and Warwick were Withdrawn. Georgie Wood was involved in the Warwick pile up and damaged an ankle but after treatment won the re run and looked OK. Andrews then had a bend one crash and took along time to recover but again did alright in the re run. At one stage it looked like we might go to Cradley 2 or 3 men down. Unless their is a relapse it would appear that only Warwick will be unable to make the journey.

My wife who is not really a speedway fan but goes to please me left the Stadium and said 'that was a lot more exciting then what we saw last year' and I have to agree. The NL is definitely more entertaining and unpredictable.

A word for the Kings Lynn fans, your team never gave up trying and were pretty good gaters.

• Like 1

Heat 13 was the best heat I've ever seen (only on my 2nd season) Really great racing from all of the Eastbourne riders and Warwick was looking good until his unfortunate fall! Hope he is ok. I think national league if it carries on like this is the best league to be in!

More passes in this one match than we had in a month of EL racing.

Super stuff from the Eagles.

Agree with the comment about the KL boys. They battled hard and contributed to a great afternoon's racing.

• Like 1

Well that was a truly great meeting, score definately didnt reflect the racing few great heats, impressed with andrews mason and of course brad! Hope warwick is okay as he was just finding some form! Hope marc is ok too

Kelsey needs to calm down a bit i think, he is quick and very good out the starts but can sometimes just throw away pts, really hope we can give cradley a good go on wednesday, wish i was going

@Brian__Owen: Danny Warwick injury confirmed as three broken vertebrae

@Brian__Owen: Danny Warwick injury confirmed as three broken vertebrae

That has made such a downer on the day, it really has.

All the passing, racing, winning just dont seem to matter now after hearing this news.

All the best to you Danny

I've been reading up on broken vertebrae and it's mostly horse riders that get it and they have 4 months recovery at best! I hope we see him back before the season is out which could be unlikely! Depending on what doctors decide to do with him. Hope he gets well soon and it leaves us to wonder what Martin and Connors next move will be

all the best to danny hope you get better soon shame this news has marred a great result for eastborne but my feelings are going out to danny and his family

Marc has heamatoma to the right temple, ive googled it and it is swelling filled with blood outside the blood vessels so really hope both him and danny are back soon, wonder what patched up side we will have wednesday

Best wishes and heres to a Speedy recovery for Marc and Danny.

Marc has heamatoma to the right temple, ive googled it and it is swelling filled with blood outside the blood vessels so really hope both him and danny are back soon, wonder what patched up side we will have wednesday

Im not 100% sure, usually its a guest for a missing No1, and then RR for other missing riders, but as you have 2 riders out i believe you can go with a guest and RR. So using a Guest for the highest of the 2 riders ie James Shanes or Tom Stokes then RR of which 1 ride from an average above, and 3 rides from riders below, this should mean Shanes or Stokes, BWD, Andrews and Wood can take the RR rides, realistically IMO it makes you stronger, though its always preferable to track your own riders.

Earlier i have been told darryl ritchings has been called, but we will wait for 'official' confirmation. Hopefully we are not without them for too long and maybe stronger but danny prefers the bigger tracks i think

Fantastic racing but so sad about the injuries. Hope Marc and Danny make a speedy recovery and that George and Richard are ok.