British Speedway Forum
semion

Kings Lynn Stars V Swindon Robins 22/4

Sh!+ meeting I thought.

Crowd was very good again though.

Very very impressed with Nick Morris

Just to add, with our form tonight we'd have been beaten imo had Kildermand & Batchelor been available for Swindon

• Like 2

Probably being allowed to jump the start as usual

no he didn't jump the starts.

Another good win for the Stars, a few very entertaining races 😊

Don't like Niels not being able to pass from the back, what's up? Am I being hard on him?

Rory was involved in a couple of tough races, close stuff 😲

Lewis back to his best, Team Revolution working well!

Felt for Ashley tonight, found wanting 😕

A pretty determined Nick out there, real shame he touched the tapes.

Robert charged hard. picked up a time or two on 2nd bend like most, soft patch?

Ken, decent night.

Loved the George Ezra songs btw

Looking 4ward to tomorrow, will be hard at Swindon but going to witness it 😊

Reading lots of negatives on Twitter about the track being gate and go again last night. Could somebody who was there confirm if this was the case?

Jeez you are on our threads and all over our local speedway reporter on twitter. Do you ever do anything else except post about speedway everywhere?!

Boys are just riding their averages down before Ward comes into the team in July!

So someone is crazy about speedway and wants share the joy and you knock it. I thought this is what speedway needed in this country rather than the usual negative, this is the end of speedway, wasn't like this in the 70's......blah...blah....blah!!!!

• Like 2

So someone is crazy about speedway and wants share the joy and you knock it. I thought this is what speedway needed in this country rather than the usual negative, this is the end of speedway, wasn't like this in the 70's......blah...blah....blah!!!!

(Only just seen the post you have quoted as I have him on blocked)

Thanks TesarRacing. It's good to see somebody else who actually appreciates and enjoys posting on the sport we enjoy. Too many people come on here to be negative. With regards to the twitter reporter comments, I followed the updates on there and like many others do being as that's part of what Twitter is, I commented twice. Maybe he should also put me on block or not look out for my posts on either site. When you read through his posts they are often just negative towards other posters and very rarely about speedway, just negatives if it's not about Swindon which makes me wonder why he uses the site.

Really enjoying both EL & NL speedway this year 👍

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Reading lots of negatives on Twitter about the track being gate and go again last night. Could somebody who was there confirm if this was the case?

There was just 1 racing line all night. Not quite FTG but certainly almost all races after lap 1 was follow the leader.

Nick Morris and Robert Lambert were the only 2 to really provide anything that resembles racing.

There was just 1 racing line all night. Not quite FTG but certainly almost all races after lap 1 was follow the leader.

Nick Morris and Robert Lambert were the only 2 to really provide anything that resembles racing.

Thanks Screamer 👍

Edited by mdmc82

There were quite a few entertaining races imo.
  • Like 3

I thought the meeting was a croc of ****. Total borefest. One racing line, One genuine overtake when Rory was pushed off the line by Zengota in 14. Lambert, for me was the star attraction and would have grabbed a paid max if he had'nt of lifted on bend 2 in both heat's 1 and then again in 11.

As for that Mouth piece in the centre, surely upon surely they can find something better than that.

For Swindon Morris was very good, North and Harris hit and miss depending on where they were after the first 2 bends.

Ok Lynn fans, what has gone wrong with the track at Lynn, and what needs to be done to bring it back to one of ther best racing strips in the Country ?

Edited by semion

Ok Lynn fans, what has gone wrong with the track at Lynn, and what needs to be done to bring it back to one of ther best racing strips in the Country ?

Too much grading, not enough dirt and not enough ruts. Contraversial maybe but on todays bikes a smooth surface devoid of dirt just means FTG. I don't mean have massive ruts but a few inconsistencies would sort the men from the boys and those with skill( Loram/Henka) from the rocket jockeys (fill in name of your own favourite gating tart).

As for the mouthpiece on the centre grey, my cat would do a better job :P She probably knows as much about speedway too :wink:

Edited by Star Lady

So why is their a lack of dirt now.

1. Its a cost saving exercise

2. The Top riders in the team want it that way

3. Cant get hold of enough of it (shale)

4. Lack of time to prepare.

5. Weather considerations

So why is their a lack of dirt now.

1. Its a cost saving exercise

2. The Top riders in the team want it that way

3. Cant get hold of enough of it (shale)

4. Lack of time to prepare.

5. Weather considerations

Doubt it's 4 or 5. Think we would have heard if it was 3. Regards 1, Buster probably uses as much in diesel as he would save on shale :P So my money is on 2.