Jonsson 5 - 7

Doyle 4 - 6

Kasprzak 3 - 5

Holder 3 - 5

MJJ 2 - 4

Harris 1 - 3

Batchelor 1 - 3

Cook 0.5 - 2

just an explanation of spread betting-one bets more than the bigger figure or less than the smaller figure

Eg if you really fancy hancock to finish on the rostrum you would bet the higher figure(14)

the bet is £ per point so £5 per point bet would mean if Greg won and collected 50-14=36 x £5 winnings=£180 2nd 30-14=16 x £5=£80 and 3rd 20-14=6x£5=£30

If he finishes 4th you would lose 14-10=4 x£5= £20

if he doesn`t make the final you lose 14x£5 =£70

If you thought Hancock won`t make the final you would bet the lower less figure and win 11x £5=£55

spread betting can seriously damage your wealth-not for the faint hearted !!!

Edited by racers and royals

Sporting Index spread market

1st 50 2nd 30 3rd 20 4th 10

Woffinden 22 - 25

Pedersen 16 - 19

Hancock 11 - 14

NKI 6 - 8

Zagar 6 - 8

Kildemand 6 - 8

Janowski 6 - 8

Jonsson 5 - 7

Doyle 4 - 6

Kasprzak 3 - 5

Holder 3 - 5

MJJ 2 - 4

Harris 1 - 3

Batchelor 1 - 3

Cook 0.5 - 2

just an explanation of spread betting-one bets more than the bigger figure or less than the smaller figure

Eg if you really fancy hancock to finish on the rostrum you would bet the higher figure(14)

the bet is £ per point so £5 per point bet would mean if Greg won and collected 50-14=36 x £5 winnings=£180 2nd 30-14=16 x £5=£80 and 3rd 20-14=6x£5=£30

If you thought Hancock won`t make the final you would bet the lower less figure and win 11x £5=£55

You risk £70 at best you can win £180. If you put £70 on Hancock at sportingbet at the odds of 8.00 EW, you win £613 if he is 1st or win £123 if he finish at 2nd or 3rd. Not even close.

Not much of a betting man but since it British GP thot id have a wee go. As well as the GP what sites has betting for the pairs (if anyone does)

You risk £70 at best you can win £180. If you put £70 on Hancock at sportingbet at the odds of 8.00 EW, you win £613 if he is 1st or win £123 if he finish at 2nd or 3rd. Not even close.

No, your figures are wrong.

Assuming Hancock was 8/1 (he's currently 7/1 with Sportingbet) your £70 stake would equate to £35 ew. If he won the meeting your return would be £420, a £350 profit.

If he was 2nd or 3rd, your return would be £105, a £35 profit. A buy of Hancock if he finished second on the spreads would result in a profit of £55.

The beauty of spread betting means the more correct you are, the more you win. Equally, the more wrong you are, the more you lose.

You also don't have to bet to win (buy), you can oppose riders (sell). Think of it like stocks and shares.

They normally do a match spread on the Sky matches.

Edited by Hilly

Don`t think you have quite grasped the concept-the more you are right on spread betting the more you win-the more wrong the more you lose-your £70 -if I had that on Greg more and he won it I would win 50-14=36x£70 = £2520

Edited by racers and royals

Don`t think you have quite grasped the concept-the more you are right on spread betting the more you win-the more wrong the more you lose-your £70 -if I had that on Greg more and he won it I would win 50-14=36x£70 = £2520

My numbers were wrong in the example Hilly wrote the right numbers, but still spread betting is crazy on an individual speedway event. Its a toss up any of the riders can win the meeting except 2 or 3 riders. Maybe betting against riders (sell) can be profitable but in my opinion there is much more risk than reward in speedway spread betting.

My numbers were wrong in the example Hilly wrote the right numbers, but still spread betting is crazy on an individual speedway event. Its a toss up any of the riders can win the meeting except 2 or 3 riders. Maybe betting against riders (sell) can be profitable but in my opinion there is much more risk than reward in speedway spread betting.

I agree-never said it wasn`t

Sporting Index spread market

1st 50 2nd 30 3rd 20 4th 10

Woffinden 22 - 25

Pedersen 16 - 19

Hancock 11 - 14

NKI 6 - 8

Zagar 6 - 8

Kildemand 6 - 8

Janowski 6 - 8

Jonsson 5 - 7

Doyle 4 - 6

Kasprzak 3 - 5

Holder 3 - 5

MJJ 2 - 4

Harris 1 - 3

Batchelor 1 - 3

Cook 0.5 - 2

Just to clarify as there seems to be a bit of confusion after the original post.

A £5 per point spread buy on Greg @ 14 would return (max risk £70)....

1st +£180

2nd +£80

3rd +£30

4th -£20

Anything else -£70

The equivalent fixed odds bet (max risk £70) £35 each way would return....

1st +£306.25

2nd +£26.25

3rd +£26.25

4th -£70

Anything else -£70

Is there a maximum /minimum per point or are you entitled to do what you like providing you have sufficient funds in your account?

Is there a maximum /minimum per point or are you entitled to do what you like providing you have sufficient funds in your account?

I think you have to provide the spread betting company with some kind of proof that you can cover possible big losing bets-however there are different types of account which can cover " stop Losses"

And also, 50 points to the winner, 30 for second etc, do the heat points come into it as well? So for example tai scores 15 point maximum, but then comes last in the final, are his points 10, 15 or 25?

Thanks, been betting for 25 years but never spread betting

Not really. Most accounts will have a credit limit. If you don't want/have a credit limit then you would need at least the maximum downside in your account. £70 in the above case.

• Like 1

I think you have to provide the spread betting company with some kind of proof that you can cover possible big losing bets-however there are different types of account which can cover " stop Losses"

Sorry mate, but does no money come out of your account when you put the bet on, I was assuming you would have to put whatever the maximum you could lose down and they would settle any winnings after

And also, 50 points to the winner, 30 for second etc, do the heat points come into it as well? So for example tai scores 15 point maximum, but then comes last in the final, are his points 10, 15 or 25?

Thanks, been betting for 25 years but never spread betting

just the podium result-only R & R provide the spreads for individual scores :lol:

Sorry mate, but does no money come out of your account when you put the bet on, I was assuming you would have to put whatever the maximum you could lose down and they would settle any winnings after

I used to have a sporting index account-some years ago now and can`t really remember too much but I think you probably do have to pay in a big deposit.

just the podium result-only R & R provide the spreads for individual scores :lol:

So 10 points then? Just trying to get my head round it, how do the lower scorers work, if you wanted janowski over 8, does he have to make the final to score 10 or do they count his heat results

Proper confused here