Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paddy The Rebel

Betting For Whole Season

Not much on offer for the WC, just looked on Skybet and they still list Latvia, Slovenia and Italy in their prices for the whole event. No betting on tonight with them or Bet365 at the moment.

Thankfully Sporting index put their prices up early, but as usual they must have took their info from the SGP website and overpriced Russia for tonight, that's now come down but managed £30 sell @ 8, Basically I've got 1/2 on the fact they'll finish 3rd. Also backed Sweden for the whole thing, that price has gone up, probably based on the fact they should sail through to the final in that very weak semi.

Edited by spanner47

I don't know how long Ladbrokes have had the 2017, Gp prices up, but Emil @ 8-1 is a great ew bet.

First betting opportunity of the season and Bet365 seem to have the spreads about right.

Personally think this meeting will be a 6point win for Wolves, but that all depends if Nicolai Klindt is the trump card at reserve.

Only punts tonight for me is Freddie over 11, can't see him being beaten by the opposition and the weakness of the Wolves reserves will keep the meeting close enough that Freddie has to ride in Heat 15, only way Freddie won't get 15 points is due to any first night mechanical gremlins. Also taking the Wolves -2 after Heat 8 as I expect them to get off to an early lead before Holder gets used to the track and before Poole start using Klindt in every other heat

Im predicting an 11 point victory on the night for Poole, the strength of Lindgren and Thorsell keeping the aggregate score close but ultimately just falling short. Again I cant see too many mistakes in Bet365's current spreads but will be having a punt on the following

Poole -6 after Heat 8, I predicted Wolves to race into an early lead on Monday and was very wrong but I don't think Poole will let me down on their own track and should get off to a flyer.

Thorsell -1 over Andersen, I personally think Andersen will get about 10 points tonight but a lot of that could come with bonus points being paired with Brady and KK, whereas Thorsell will never actually have to worry about his partner and will get his 10 points without the use of bonus points

Skornicki under 3, to be honest I cannot see him troubling the scorers at all, maybe if Poole allow Shanes to take the RR in heat 14 Skornicki will get a point then, but cannot see him beating any other Poole rider and cannot see him finishing ahead of Thorsell or Masters either.

Im predicting an 11 point victory on the night for Poole, the strength of Lindgren and Thorsell keeping the aggregate score close but ultimately just falling short. Again I cant see too many mistakes in Bet365's current spreads but will be having a punt on the following

Poole -6 after Heat 8, I predicted Wolves to race into an early lead on Monday and was very wrong but I don't think Poole will let me down on their own track and should get off to a flyer.

Thorsell -1 over Andersen, I personally think Andersen will get about 10 points tonight but a lot of that could come with bonus points being paired with Brady and KK, whereas Thorsell will never actually have to worry about his partner and will get his 10 points without the use of bonus points

Skornicki under 3, to be honest I cannot see him troubling the scorers at all, maybe if Poole allow Shanes to take the RR in heat 14 Skornicki will get a point then, but cannot see him beating any other Poole rider and cannot see him finishing ahead of Thorsell or Masters either.

I would do skornicki aswell in this format can't see him beating his team mates or Pooles riders really struggled at berwick,I'd b very surprised if he got 4pts.

James Shanes +1 looks a good bet also max clegg is awful at poole.

I've gone for KK-1 v Lindgren tonight gd luck folks.

I've gone for Harris under and exactly 10pts tonight,looks 1 of the better bets

First bet this season so took a chance on a double.

Nicholls over Thorssell from scratch and Nilsson over 9.

@3.10 with Ladbrokes.

I'm not holding my breath though :lol:

Sky Bet

Leicester and Rye win double @1.66

Reading Heathgacote's post I've just done Swindon and Wolves win +8 Double..on 365 @ 3.57..Why not :-)

Good luck :t:

2 out of 3

Edited by Bald Bloke

I think both matches tonight will be close affairs and am somewhat baffled at Bet365 pricing them both up at +/-8.

Rye will just about scrape over the line against Wolves who will surely put up a better performance than they did at Poole. I reckon Rye House have put a very good team together but with a few of the riders getting used to the track I think it will only be a 4 point victory. The other bet I like related to this meeting is Thorsell -2 over Watt.

For the other meeting I will certainly be getting stuck into the +8 for Swindon, the price of 4/1 to win the meeting also looks tempting, but have decided to go bigger on the handicap to ensure a nice return. Nick Morris to score over 7 I think is a reasonable shout and a small wager on Gomolski -3 over Ellis

I think both matches tonight will be close affairs and am somewhat baffled at Bet365 pricing them both up at +/-8.

Rye will just about scrape over the line against Wolves who will surely put up a better performance than they did at Poole. I reckon Rye House have put a very good team together but with a few of the riders getting used to the track I think it will only be a 4 point victory. The other bet I like related to this meeting is Thorsell -2 over Watt.

For the other meeting I will certainly be getting stuck into the +8 for Swindon, the price of 4/1 to win the meeting also looks tempting, but have decided to go bigger on the handicap to ensure a nice return. Nick Morris to score over 7 I think is a reasonable shout and a small wager on Gomolski -3 over Ellis

Athough I think both home teams will win,i agree I think it will be fairly close.So have added a +8 away win double for a bit more fun.

I have tonights Wolves - Leicester clash down as a 51-39 home win, unfortunately Bet365 also have this down as +/- 12 points on the handicap (only Bet365 have prices up at the time of writing)

The rest of the odds offered by Bet365 also fall in line with my predictions, I reckon 27-21 after 8 heats, bet 365 offering +/-6

So I will have to venture into the riders score market for by punts this evening which will be Danny King over 8 as I fully expect him to have 5 rides, he has started the season well for Ipswich and is no stranger around Monmore, bagging 18 points on his last visit in September last year with Coventry.

I will also take a punt on Kim Nilsson under 8, his past performances at Monmore have been hit and miss and now taking the number 1 position gives him no easy rides.

In the rider match ups I won't be having a bet but my thoughts, Skornicki/Gomolski, a totally unpredicatble match up with either capable of scoring double figures or zero. Howarth/Auty will come down to which ever gets the least bonus points. Howarth's 7-8 points could easily be 10 if Freddie lets him take the lead and the same with Auty, just who finishes ahead each time, Auty or Nilsson. Auto's 4-5 points could easily become 7.

Edited by Heathcote

I have tonights Wolves - Leicester clash down as a 51-39 home win, unfortunately Bet365 also have this down as +/- 12 points on the handicap (only Bet365 have prices up at the time of writing)

The rest of the odds offered by Bet365 also fall in line with my predictions, I reckon 27-21 after 8 heats, bet 365 offering +/-6

So I will have to venture into the riders score market for by punts this evening which will be Danny King over 8 as I fully expect him to have 5 rides, he has started the season well for Ipswich and is no stranger around Monmore, bagging 18 points on his last visit in September last year with Coventry.

I will also take a punt on Kim Nilsson under 8, his past performances at Monmore have been hit and miss and now taking the number 1 position gives him no easy rides.

In the rider match ups I won't be having a bet but my thoughts, Skornicki/Gomolski, a totally unpredicatble match up with either capable of scoring double figures or zero. Howarth/Auty will come down to which ever gets the least bonus points. Howarth's 7-8 points could easily be 10 if Freddie lets him take the lead and the same with Auty, just who finishes ahead each time, Auty or Nilsson. Auto's 4-5 points could easily become 7.

betsafe offers +14.5 on leicester @1.80

h2h

masters vs king . king @2.29

lindgren - gomolski +7

probably going with leicester +14.5 small bet

Is it only Bet365 offering SGB Premiership meetings now? Cant seen to find any others.

I will stick with King +8 tonight as unsure on the handicap as I haven't seen enough of Leicester yet to see how capable a side they will become.

Is it only Bet365 offering SGB Premiership meetings now? Cant seen to find any others.

I will stick with King +8 tonight as unsure on the handicap as I haven't seen enough of Leicester yet to see how capable a side they will become.

Ladbrokes.