British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paddy The Rebel

Betting For Whole Season

The problem is that most factors not knowledgeable even if you follow speedway world 24/7, they are very unpredictable. Bookies dont need to be on the right side, they make up an odds and then watch the market if too much money comes in on one side they decrease the odds and try to lure people on the other side.

So just like any other market then .What do bet on speedway hc's then if speedway is so unpredictable then ?

Edited by orion

So just like any other bet then ....best not bet on anything in case the weather changes maybe your horse might hit a fence ..don't bet on football in case a player might get sent off etc etc . every bet is the same you weigh up what might happen then you take your chance luck can play a role in any bet .if you used your logic you would never bet on anything

Just like any form of betting if you don't bet on every meeting and take your time and be selective you can win money ...head to head betting or points scores is no different to any other bet .As for you numbers you are baseing that people are using the same stake everytime ...I could have nine losing bets for £ 20 and win more with my last bet if I had say £ 400 on so don't have to win 53 % of your bets at all .

I dont know about horses, but in soccer, basketball, american football there are less variables and much more information you can get. You can get info about Rooneys morning dump of gameday morning and in speedway you dont even know how serious one riders injury...

Yes I expected that you play every bet with one unit and have bankroll management without that im sure you cannot have a profitable season.

Ive gone for emil over and exactly 11 @kumla tonight has a brilliant record around there.

• Like 1

I dont know about horses, but in soccer, basketball, american football there are less variables and much more information you can get. You can get info about Rooneys morning dump of gameday morning and in speedway you dont even know how serious one riders injury...

Yes I expected that you play every bet with one unit and have bankroll management without that im sure you cannot have a profitable season.

So if I offered you 5/6 on Woffinden to outscore Batchelor in the next GP you'd not take it as you don't have enough information?

Of course not as all head to head bets are mugs bets no matter what lol

So if I offered you 5/6 on Woffinden to outscore Batchelor in the next GP you'd not take it as you don't have enough information?

I would take it and hedge it at another bookie.

Of course not as all head to head bets are mugs bets no matter what lol

Yes they are in the long game you will lose money betting h2h-s and rider points because of the reasons i mentioned before.

Yes they are in the long game you will lose money betting h2h-s and rider points because of the reasons i mentioned before.

Yh i lost loads on emil over 11 plus nicholls over 8 and holder under 10 in gp plus g laguta under 10 in poland lmao....!! Edited by PTW
  • Like 1

Yh i lost loads on emil over 11 plus nicholls over 8 and holder under 10 in gp plus g laguta under 10 in poland lmao....!!

Then stop betting them silly boy.

And the reasons were shown to wrong . in the long run means nothing if keep picking winners and get the stakeing correct just like any other bet ...as I said you bet on speedway match handicaps that involved all the reasons you say you don't like in fact they are worst as they involved 14 riders rather than one or two .

And the reasons were shown to wrong . in the long run means nothing if keep picking winners and get the stakeing correct just like any other bet ...as I said you bet on speedway match handicaps that involved all the reasons you say you don't like in fact they are worst as they involved 14 riders rather than one or two .

Its like betting soccer handicaps rather than goal scorers.

Its like betting soccer handicaps rather than goal scorers.

It's nothing like it in head to head you can have 3 outcomes in a fooball goal scorers you can have 20 ....in speedway match handicaps you still have all the things you say that make head to head a mugs bets that includes the odds ..as I said it's worst as you have 14 riders rather one or two .

there's some strange reasoning in this thread!...I like a punt and I like to think I have a knowledge of speedway, so that's my basic theory!...I understand the punters who look for value and over priced markets but I couldn.t back say Batchleor at 2-1 in a two rider race against Woffinden over a long period of time!

Just like any form of betting if you don't bet on every meeting and take your time and be selective you can win money ...head to head betting or points scores is no different to any other bet .As for you numbers you are baseing that people are using the same stake everytime ...I could have nine losing bets for £ 20 and win more with my last bet if I had say £ 400 on so don't have to win 53 % of your bets at all .

On monday I placed a bet on Unibet of £50 on Belle Vue at 9/10 They said they would take £17.25 and contact the traders to see if they would take the rest, which they declined

I had £50 on Belle Vue with Skybet in running @-10.5 the maximum they would allow

Then Heat 7 the odds were A. Jonnsson, 2.40, C Cook 3.00 , N Morris 4.00 and P Kilderman 5.00. So I had £25.00 0n P Kilderman which I thought were very generous odds . Too much they said , you can only have £12.50. PK fell on the second lap.

Be interesting to know which bookmaker you can get your £400 on H2H betting

I know that you struggle with words and spelling and wonder if your figures should have been 9 losing bets of 20p and your last bet of £4.00 which you make it much more believable.

Ladbrokes let me have £400 bets until 2 weeks ago. Now if they let me bet £2 it's a miracle. Just suddenly went from £400 to £2, nothing in between!

Interesting thread. Strange discussion to be honest. How can people say betting o match handicaps is better/safer than on riders markets?

Don't understand that point. To have your own handicap line you have to calculate all riders and all races. The more correct your riders/heats estimations are the bigger chance you have to win on handicap.

Margins are the same (11%) on all 3 way markets. The same for match handicaps, the same for riders totals and riders handicap head to heads.

The only exception is rider 2-way matchup offered for most individual tournaments where odds usually are 1.85-1.85 (8% margin), so in theory you have bigger chences there.