British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paddy The Rebel

Betting For Whole Season

On monday I placed a bet on Unibet of £50 on Belle Vue at 9/10 They said they would take £17.25 and contact the traders to see if they would take the rest, which they declined

I had £50 on Belle Vue with Skybet in running @-10.5 the maximum they would allow

Then Heat 7 the odds were A. Jonnsson, 2.40, C Cook 3.00 , N Morris 4.00 and P Kilderman 5.00. So I had £25.00 0n P Kilderman which I thought were very generous odds . Too much they said , you can only have £12.50. PK fell on the second lap.

Be interesting to know which bookmaker you can get your £400 on H2H betting

I know that you struggle with words and spelling and wonder if your figures should have been 9 losing bets of 20p and your last bet of £4.00 which you make it much more believable.

Looks like you have problems with the reading and understanding of words ...what I put up was an example not real that was quite clear . not that it really mattered about the unit stakes as the point was still the same .

Not sure why you thought that Killer was generous odds at 5.00 in heat 7 ...I bet you never understood why he was and I bet you still don't understand now . No wonder people take the piss out of your betting on here

Edited by orion

Interesting thread. Strange discussion to be honest. How can people say betting o match handicaps is better/safer than on riders markets?

Don't understand that point. To have your own handicap line you have to calculate all riders and all races. The more correct your riders/heats estimations are the bigger chance you have to win on handicap.

Margins are the same (11%) on all 3 way markets. The same for match handicaps, the same for riders totals and riders handicap head to heads.

The only exception is rider 2-way matchup offered for most individual tournaments where odds usually are 1.85-1.85 (8% margin), so in theory you have bigger chences there.

Handicaps are also hard in speedway but still better chance than individual bets. For a start you dont have to care about bonus points which decides a lot of times in h2h-s and rider points. You have the same 1.90 odds almost every time and its a 2way bet at most bookmakers, i only know bet365 that offers 3way for match handicaps.

Yes you have to cap every rider but that is the same for h2h-s and rider points, isnt it? If you bet on one rider points you have a look at every other rider if its a GP, if its league maybe he doesnt ride against 1 or 2 rider. Bike failures, exclusion can kill your individual bet after 2 heats, obviously if its a team handicaps these things can change the outcome too but you are less exposed of one riders performance.

The soccer simile wasnt right its more like basketball player points vs match handicaps or in american football player rushing yards vs handicaps, etc.

It works both ways. And we are talking about long run, aren't we? Sometimes you lose by engine failure, sometimes you gain. Not true?

In fact I sometimes prefer to bet on 1 rider than on a whole team. As I don't have to worry about less predictable riders like reserves, about stupid manager's decisions (weak pair in heat 15). But one thing for sure. It is not possible to say that match handicap bets are more profitable than riders markets.

You can start some kind of competition with Orion and mickthemuppett here next year.

During whole season place 50 -100 virtual bets each of them with stake from 10 to 100 and we will see who is right. ;)

Edited by krompa

Well here's my bets for tonight

Vetlanda £100 on Sportingbet @ -3.5 Price 9/10

Indianera £100 on William Hill @ +12 Evens Price Evens

Would be very suprised in Orion will post anything .most probably it will not be real anyway

Posted 17..58 so it's not aftertiming

Ive gone for emil over 11 again like last night. Good luck folks

Would be very suprised in Orion will post anything .most probably it will not be real anyway

I won't because I won't be betting on it ....unlike a mug like you I don't feel the need to bet on every match... the same as any betting ..talking of not real I see you put up that Swindon were to big on the hc the other night only today to put up today you backed Belle Vue ...have you figure out why killer was 5.00 yet to win heat 7 ?

Also I am not the person who after putting up losing bet after losing bet you ended up having to deleate them of here ..such was your shame .

Handicaps are also hard in speedway but still better chance than individual bets. For a start you dont have to care about bonus points which decides a lot of times in h2h-s and rider points. You have the same 1.90 odds almost every time and its a 2way bet at most bookmakers, i only know bet365 that offers 3way for match handicaps.

Yes you have to cap every rider but that is the same for h2h-s and rider points, isnt it? If you bet on one rider points you have a look at every other rider if its a GP, if its league maybe he doesnt ride against 1 or 2 rider. Bike failures, exclusion can kill your individual bet after 2 heats, obviously if its a team handicaps these things can change the outcome too but you are less exposed of one riders performance.

The soccer simile wasnt right its more like basketball player points vs match handicaps or in american football player rushing yards vs handicaps, etc.

Not at all ...anything could wrong in any bet. if you take that attitude your won't end up betting or anything. you got as much chance as the luck going for you as against you ...As someone already said if Woofy was a big price to beat troy in a gp in a head to head everyone would do it. it would not matter or be a mugs bet just because is was a head to head .

Edited by orion

Glad im not the only one who got sportingbet -3,5, i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw it, i went all in. :lol:

But why did you middle it so fast??? Bet365 and unibet has the meeting in live you could middle it or bail out if things go bad.

Edited by Dawkins20

Mickthemuppet, you were half way to a great bet there! Should have stuck with it!

Looks like most the rider scores and head to heads will be void due to he rain!

Anyone else catch the 20/1 for a heat 11 5-1 from bet365? Was jolly nice if them :) I don't normally bet on swedish speedway but that was too good to miss.

Edited by SCB

It works both ways. And we are talking about long run, aren't we? Sometimes you lose by engine failure, sometimes you gain. Not true?

In fact I sometimes prefer to bet on 1 rider than on a whole team. As I don't have to worry about less predictable riders like reserves, about stupid manager's decisions (weak pair in heat 15). But one thing for sure. It is not possible to say that match handicap bets are more profitable than riders markets.

You can start some kind of competition with Orion and mickthemuppett here next year.

During whole season place 50 -100 virtual bets each of them with stake from 10 to 100 and we will see who is right. ;)

Well it is possible to say that match handicap bets are more profitable than riders markets, i said it couple of times here. :icon_smile_clown: I keep saying from the begininng that im happy if someone proves me wrong but i doubt it will happen.

Well it is possible to say that match handicap bets are more profitable than riders markets, i said it couple of times here. :icon_smile_clown: I keep saying from the begininng that im happy if someone proves me wrong but i doubt it will happen.

When has anyone proved they are not ? the point was made that you have just has much chance as any other bet . So far you or no one have one has come up with any reasons for that not to be the case .

Sporting bet havent laid a £100 in their life!!

• Like 1

When has anyone proved they are not ? the point was made that you have just has much chance as any other bet . So far you or no one have one has come up with any reasons for that not to be the case .

I wrote numerous reasons...

Seems like you just post some of your winning bets after the racing done...

Sporting bet havent laid a £100 in their life!!

My bet was ~£90.

I wrote numerous reasons...

Seems like you just post some of your winning bets after the racing done...

like you did tonight you mean ? all the reasons you gave were easy to answer and prove wrong ....as of yet you have come up with nothing .

Edited by orion

like you did tonight you mean ? all the reasons you give were easy to answer and prove wrong ....as of yet you have come up with nothing .

That clearly didnt count a fool pressed the wrong button at sportingbet it was rather a christmas gift than a bet. :lol: It was only up for a couple of minutes...

I did post a couple of my picks here sadly it was negative and stopped after a while, i do have my bet history on my computer but that doesnt count either.

Have you ever posted a bet here?

That clearly didnt count a fool pressed the wrong button at sportingbet it was rather a christmas gift than a bet. :lol: It was only up for a couple of minutes...

I did post a couple of my picks here sadly it was negative and stopped after a while, i do have my bet history on my computer but that doesnt count either.

Have you ever posted a bet here?

How do remember all your passwords for all your accounts on here ..stick to being gater 1 ;)