Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

In reply to Orion...i think the only playground 'stuff' as you put it, is a bunch of old gits gossiping about the actions of a speedway rider...silly topic, silly thread...full of people with 'opinions' telling others how to think and what Tai should be doing...nothing worse than people telling others how to think and what's right...what's the point? Everyone has got an opinion...everyone is different...like its going to make any difference. Does it make us all feel important venting our spleen about someone else and their actions...its all bullrubbish at the end of the day.

That's the end of tv pundits then hehe

Not necessarily. There may be others like me who if they don't like a rider simply ignore them. I wouldn't waste my time and effort in booing anyone. i turned my back a lot when Cradley visited tho :P

EDITED cos I posted in the quote box in error :oops:

There is no 'not necessarily'.

When a rider is disliked by MOST it is very obvious in the reaction of a crowd.

You and Robert72 are already inventing your cover stories as you know full well, he is not disliked by most at all, just a vocal minority.

You can have an opinion, but when you try and claim that 'most' others agree with it, when there is zero evidence to support the argument, then it will be questioned.

Edited by BWitcher

Id love to be on a fly on the wall at that conversation.. "Tai i think your badly advised" "oh right.. I think im a 2 x world champ and the best rider in the world so dont give a s**t what you think"

Why on earth would he care what some no mark thinks he succeeded in something you failed at why on earth would he take advice off you

Id love to be on a fly on the wall at that conversation.. "Tai i think your badly advised" "oh right.. I think im a 2 x world champ and the best rider in the world so dont give a s**t what you think"

Why on earth would he care what some no mark thinks he succeeded in something you failed at why on earth would he take advice off you

I did something you could never match, so I guess your the one who failed ?

You don't mention Tatum or Pearson giving opinions funny that and the latter was vocal about tai letting the fans down for the British final.

You and Robert72 are already inventing your cover stories as you know full well, he is not disliked by most at all, just a vocal minority.

You can have an opinion, but when you try and claim that 'most' others agree with it, when there is zero evidence to support the argument, then it will be questioned.

I'm not trying to invent anything, least of all a cover story. I have never claimed he is disliked by anyone other than myself. I don't actually dislike him as I've said before how can I when I don't lknow him.

It's clear there are some who do not like/approve of Tai Woffinden but It's equally clear he can do no wrong in some people's eyes as to numbers on each side I have no idea, nor do I care quite frankly.

I'm not exactly sure where I have ever claimed "most" others agree with me cos my aging memory is pretty sure I never have

• Like 1

There is no 'not necessarily'.

When a rider is disliked by MOST it is very obvious in the reaction of a crowd.

Gladly you in the majority have not resorted to being ' vocal ' (not)

I did something you could never match, so I guess your the one who failed ?

You don't mention Tatum or Pearson giving opinions funny that and the latter was vocal about tai letting the fans down for the British final.

How do you know i never rode?

• Like 2

i can put up with rob72 with his views, some points are decent, some are not, but why the secrecy? he says riders going in free to stadiums is good pr, but how if we dont know him? he says he rode, but wont say who he is? id respect him for riding even if he WAS crap, just dont get what hes trying to achieve, but his choice i guess

Silly post ...righty or wrongly people are allowed an opinion

Of course they are. But a forum is also supposed to be a medium for debate. Some posters on both sides of the argument have attempted to engage with that idea. One declares that he has forgotten more about the sport than others know, calls for Woffinden to be 'recalled' to Britain in flagrant violation of the rule of law, decides for himself what the rider's late father would think of the subject and proclaims the result to be fact, demands that he do something for the Ben Fund while conveniently ignoring that he has already ridden in the meeting three times, repeatedly parrots that he is badly advised and in general displays the kind of dogmatic attention to the subject which, in my humble opinion, is already seriously unhealthy and certainly bordering on the obsessive. I thought Gresham's post was, if anything, understated.

No I spoke highly of that before so it wasn't ignored but in his position he could do something big for the Ben fund, the guy is a multi millionaire, 2x world champion and says he is British so its time he did something worthwhile for the British Ben Fun and help the wheelchair bound riders here.

'Multi Millionaire'!!! You sure??? GOSH not British enough for you? What is your contribution to British Speedway, other than demanding free entry? Hope to hear you are contributing, raising funds, as a former rider.

• Like 1

'Multi Millionaire'!!! You sure??? GOSH not British enough for you? What is your contribution to British Speedway, other than demanding free entry? Hope to hear you are contributing, raising funds, as a former rider.

Seeing tai is earning over 1 million a season just in Poland without adding Sweden yes I am sure.

Another one who doesn't read my posts, I think free entry for riders is respectful but I said I would be happy to donate £50 a season for a pass where the money goes to the Ben fund.

I have given my fair share of money to funds for riders killed in the sport aswel as injured

So how much have you given ?

Seeing tai is earning over 1 million a season just in Poland without adding Sweden yes I am sure.

Another one who doesn't read my posts, I think free entry for riders is respectful but I said I would be happy to donate £50 a season for a pass where the money goes to the Ben fund.

I have given my fair share of money to funds for riders killed in the sport aswel as injured

Very big difference between revenue and profit. Assume that power doesn't come cheap. Speedway multi millionaire does sound a tad exaggerated.

Nice of you to offer a token gesture for a UK Speedway pass, very admiral. Maybe you should take your own advice and do a bit more, at least offer Ben the going rate.

Given? Contributed to years of pay days and buckets.

I would say that it is highly unlikely that Tai is a Multi Millionaire, I don't think that the sport generates that kind of money.

As for Tai been British or wanting to British, I think he has clearly stated in the past that he is British not only does he ride for Team GB but he also does a lot of charity work for charitable causes in this country.

Of course Tai left Britain at a very early age and move to Australia at a very young age, and that is where he differs from all of the World Champions from the past, there will always be that little bit of Aussie in him, but deep down he is and wants to be British.

Some say he refuse to ride in the British Final.

He did nothing of the sort, he withdrew from the Semi Finals.

The reasons for that was because both Semi Finals were either side of a Grand Prix, who on earth decided that was a good idea, the BSPA needs to take a long hard look at themselves, by doing what they did they may it virtually impossible for him to defend his title so he withdrew.

He could have asked to be seeded through to the Final but he probably thought that if he did ask he would get slaughter for it.

As for him not riding in the British leagues, well most of the top riders don't and they alll give the same reason as Tai to many fixtures and different days, and like so many he chooses not to ride here because he has ambitions to be Multi World Champion.

I think rather than people starting threads pulling the lad down and campaigning to get him dropped from Team GB why not just celebrate the fact that we have the best rider in the World leading our team into the World Cup.

• Like 3

What is your "fair share" then 2 point wonder ?? So how much have you given ?

I trust you'll answer the same question you asked of others.

Looking back at your results on track you probably owe us all something for having to put up with you sliding off on every bend and make us late home.

• Like 1