Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Tai is loved by many it's just the same one and his imaginary friends who hate him.

I bet he will hate all the air horns going off to welcome their hero home.

WOFFY WOFFY WOFFY.

Proud Britain's finest.

• Like 1

on a national scale woofy is very popular however in the Wolverhampton area it not hard to find people who don't like him, nothing to do with his personality or if he is british or not ,simply because wolves fans are passionate about their team and some feel he betrayed or let them down them in his last year he rode for wolves when clearly he didn't want to be there

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

on a national scale woofy is very popular however in the Wolverhampton area it not hard to find people who don't like him, nothing to do with his personality or if he is british or not ,simply because wolves fans are passionate about their team and some feel he betrayed or let them down them in his last year he rode for wolves when clearly he didn't want to be there

Very true, there's also fans outside of Wolverhampton who also feel he let the Elite League down, and UK speedway in general...

He raises a lot of money for good causes, fair play to him....

But,

Having a World Champion, that snubs his home Country's top league, bails out of his home Country's National Championship, has upset a fair few supporters, to say otherwise, is crass..

• Like 7

Going back to the WTC squad i would pick Cook but no one has really mentioned about his form generally.It has not been great a bit worrying really even though i rate Craig Tai/Lambert for me are the only certainties.The other places you could make a case for the other odvious choices, myself i would now go Tai,Robert,Chris,Craig/Josh.

Very true, there's also fans outside of Wolverhampton who also feel he let the Elite League down, and UK speedway in general...

He raises a lot of money for good causes, fair play to him....

But,

Having a World Champion, that snubs his home Country's top league, bails out of his home Country's National Championship, has upset a fair few supporters, to say otherwise, is crass..

we would then just have a rider who rides here that wouldnt be a world champion so basically our supporters are selfish we want him to ride here and sacrifise his own title chances..

hmm i will support Tai even if he doesnt ride in this country he is British and he is our world champion.

i suppose people who just do not understand what it takes to become world champion would feel this way.. get any one of those people who think otherwise spend a month doing all the travelling etc see how tired they get and see if they can still perform at even doing their office job..

• Like 1

we would then just have a rider who rides here that wouldnt be a world champion so basically our supporters are selfish we want him to ride here and sacrifise his own title chances..

hmm i will support Tai even if he doesnt ride in this country he is British and he is our world champion.

i suppose people who just do not understand what it takes to become world champion would feel this way.. get any one of those people who think otherwise spend a month doing all the travelling etc see how tired they get and see if they can still perform at even doing their office job..

So missing the British Final is going to be the difference between being World Champion or not ?

So missing the British Final is going to be the difference between being World Champion or not ?

Nope but missing the semi finals that were the same time as a gp weekend, and then not accepting a wildcard because he felt he didnt deserve it , could of harmed his chances.

79 pages in and people still think him missing the final was the issue when it was the semi final dates that were the problem.

• Like 1

Nope but missing the semi finals that were the same time as a gp weekend, and then not accepting a wildcard because he felt he didnt deserve it , could of harmed his chances.

79 pages in and people still think him missing the final was the issue when it was the semi final dates that were the problem.

I know, it's completely laughable innit.

In addition you'd have thought that Tai declining a wildcard for the final, as in his own words he felt he didn't deserve it, would be seen as admirable. But nope, half a dozen wally's on here lambast him for it.

• Like 1

I know, it's completely laughable innit.

In addition you'd have thought that Tai declining a wildcard for the final, as in his own words he felt he didn't deserve it, would be seen as admirable. But nope, half a dozen wally's on here lambast him for it.

Correct as he didnt do the semi finals he said it would be unjust to get a wildcard when the other guys had raced the semi finals.

Playing devils advocate he may have said that so it deflected away from the point that he might have turned one down anyway.

However the fact remains it was the semi finals that were the issue, something that for some on here is hard to understand as they keep wittering on about him missing the final

It astounds me that some people just can't accept the possibility that Tai never intended to ride in the British Final.

It astounds me that some people just can't accept the possibility that Tai never intended to ride in the British Final.

Lol really is that a fact is it?? No its your opinion.

The facts:

Tai declined to compete in the semi finals due to the dates they were arranged for clashing with a gp weekend

Upon withdrawing he also announced that he wouldnt accept a wildcard as he felt it wasnt fair on the riders who had done the semi finals.

He was NEVER offered a wildcard to ride in the British Final.

Your OPINION is that he never intended to ride in the first place. Please back that up with some sort of statement from Tai then please otherwise you are simply putting words in his mouth to try and back your claim.

Then again you maybe right, Tai might have woke up one morning in say February and just decided to miss the British Final because he felt like it.

Funny how nothing was said until the dates for the semis became common knowledge!

It doesn't bother me that he wasn't riding in the British Final because, at the moment, the British Final has been reduced to an almost nothing fixture. Ok so you could say he hasn't helped this by not appearing but I think it's down to British Speedway to get it's own house in order before you can expect a World Champion to put extra strain on himself, his schedule and his equipment.

Don't get me wrong, I've got some great memories of past Finals, mainly @ Brandon on Wednesday nights, obviously it was a crucial qualifying meeting and had much more meaning but surely if it were marketed well it could get back some of the prestige.

As for the topic question, of course he should ride, no doubt whatsoever.

Lol really is that a fact is it?? No its your opinion.

The facts:

Tai declined to compete in the semi finals due to the dates they were arranged for clashing with a gp weekend

Upon withdrawing he also announced that he wouldnt accept a wildcard as he felt it wasnt fair on the riders who had done the semi finals.

He was NEVER offered a wildcard to ride in the British Final.

Your OPINION is that he never intended to ride in the first place. Please back that up with some sort of statement from Tai then please otherwise you are simply putting words in his mouth to try and back your claim.

Then again you maybe right, Tai might have woke up one morning in say February and just decided to miss the British Final because he felt like it.

Funny how nothing was said until the dates for the semis became common knowledge!

Of course it's not a fact..I never said it was. You are the one giving out the 'facts', even though you've got no more idea than anyone else outside of Tai's family and close friends what the real reason was.

Of course it's not a fact..I never said it was. You are the one giving out the 'facts', even though you've got no more idea than anyone else outside of Tai's family and close friends what the real reason was.

what gavan has said is the truth..