Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

in the past 10 years, who would be your ideal speedway role module Robert?

He has mentioned that the foul mouthed never in the wrong Nicki Pedersen is the ultimate professional. He probably condones swearing from him but not by Tai.

At the time he had fines and was banned from membership at Wimbledon and I think Queens. Look at some of the fines imposed at Wimbledon this year for abusive behaviour.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/57000-in-fines-doled-out-to-players-at-this-years-wimbledon-a3287971.html

How much did McEnroe win and how much was he fined?

Then we'll judge if he 'paid dearly'.

How much did McEnroe win and how much was he fined?

Then we'll judge if he 'paid dearly'.

If you pay more than the shop down the road's asking price for an item, you've paid dearly, irrespective of what your bank balance is. So it is with fines, at Wimbledon you can end up paying a lot of money, whoever you are.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/171029/FOR-THE-RECORD-MCENROES-TANTRUMS-AND-FINES.html?pg=all

Really? He never rode and his 'claim' is pugwash that's why he can't answer you. That's it in a nut shell.

He picks and chooses what posts of mine to respond to (basically the ones that ask nothing) so he hasn't got me on block.

robert72, this post appears to cast doubt on the prospects of you responding to my repeated, politely phrased requests for details on the world champions you lined up against. I trust you are in a position to respond and confound the assorted doubters and nay sayers on the forum.

• Like 1

in the past 10 years, who would be your ideal speedway role module Robert?

I looked up to hans Nielsen but recently crump or pedersen

robert72, this post appears to cast doubt on the prospects of you responding to my repeated, politely phrased requests for details on the world champions you lined up against. I trust you are in a position to respond and confound the assorted doubters and nay sayers on the forum.

I admire your persistence but it's blatantly obvious I am right. You're wasting your time fella.

• Like 2

I admire your persistence but it's blatantly obvious I am right. You're wasting your time fella.

No search for first-person insights into riding with or against world champions in this wonderful sport can ever be thus described. The quest continues!

• Like 1

I once lined up with world champions Ronnie Moore, Barry Briggs and Ove Fundin - at the bar at a VSRA (as it was then) dinner. Where did you do it Robert72?

• Like 1

I had a run off with Bjorn Knutsson at Wembley. Splashed on my shoes when I reared. ;):cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

robert72, this post appears to cast doubt on the prospects of you responding to my repeated, politely phrased requests for details on the world champions you lined up against. I trust you are in a position to respond and confound the assorted doubtfers and nay sayers on the forum.

Come on Robert, put us out of our misery. I'd be proud to tell people who I rode against, particularly any world champions. Why so reluctant?

• Like 1

I looked up to hans Nielsen but recently crump or pedersen

Hans Nielsen was probably the best rider I've ever seen. So stylish and practically unbeatable. I've always been a fan of Hans. True quality.

Tai, however, is a different animal. He is what he is, and what he is is what makes him a champion.

Hans, who is seen as one of the greatest of all time, won his first World Title at 26.

If Tai wins this year - which is still a good possibility - he will have won 3 world titles by the time he gets to the age when Hans was when he won his first.

Take away the parts of Tai that you don't like and maybe you will lose the other parts too - the parts that make him a World Champ.

• Like 4

Hans Nielsen was probably the best rider I've ever seen. So stylish and practically unbeatable. I've always been a fan of Hans. True quality.

Tai, however, is a different animal. He is what he is, and what he is is what makes him a champion.

Hans, who is seen as one of the greatest of all time, won his first World Title at 26.

If Tai wins this year - which is still a good possibility - he will have won 3 world titles by the time he gets to the age when Hans was when he won his first.

Take away the parts of Tai that you don't like and maybe you will lose the other parts too - the parts that make him a World Champ.

So many world class riders when hans won it.

I have never knocked tai for his on track ability it's his off track attitude that ruins his on track quality and he will be remembered for the off track as is DW who was also an excellent talent on track but not off.

Edited by robert72