British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Hans Nielsen was probably the best rider I've ever seen. So stylish and practically unbeatable. I've always been a fan of Hans. True quality.

As an aside, the Express & Star and its sister paper the Shropshire Star will be carrying a large feature piece interview with Nielsen tomorrow.

So many world class riders when hans won it.

I have never knocked tai for his on track ability it's his off track attitude that ruins his on track quality and he will be remembered for the off track as is DW who was also an excellent talent on track but not off.

By who? You and a few other manchildren.... :rofl:

If you apply the same logic you have to Woffinden to the likes of Crump and Pedersen (who you admit you admire) then both are going to be remembered for their off track antics.

Crump took a long time to mature, he spent years of his career acting like a petulant sh*t basically who swore his way through interviews, the swearing was something that carried on most of his career as he was a highly emotive rider. He also had a spell when his appearance was probably seen as unactable to the older generation, eg died long black hair, pierced eye brows etc….the horror of that "bad boy of the sport".

Nicki well…..Nicki….he makes Woffinden look like a saint. :lol:

FWIW, they all - Woffinden, Pedersen and Crump will actually be remembered as a great champions by the vast majority of fans as most don’t apply the same brass necked double standards you do.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 2

I have never knocked tai for his on track ability it's his off track attitude that ruins his on track quality and he will be remembered for the off track as is DW who was also an excellent talent on track but not off.

Yeah of course he will.

Do you remember that rider Tai Woffinden, wasn't he a multiple world champion... I think he might have been but what I do know is he swore a couple of times!!

Folk seem capable of remembering Kenny Carters on track exploits so I don't think they'll have a problem with Tai.

No more than there are now.

I blame Chris Pusey, Polka Dots and tassles coupled with long hair and sideburns, it's been a road to ruin since.

If you pay more than the shop down the road's asking price for an item, you've paid dearly, irrespective of what your bank balance is. So it is with fines, at Wimbledon you can end up paying a lot of money, whoever you are.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/171029/FOR-THE-RECORD-MCENROES-TANTRUMS-AND-FINES.html?pg=all

Thanks for clarifying that McEnroe did not pay 'dearly' for his swearing and that contrary to Speedy69's claims, swearing doesn't do untold damage to either the sport or the competitor.

So McEnroe paid a whopping total of $69,500 fines in his career..... against his net worth of $50 million. Yep, he paid dearly! :t:

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/athletes/tennis/john-mcenroe-net-worth/

So come on then robert72...I'm calling you out to prove us all wrong...

WHICH WORLD CHAMPIONS DID YOU RIDE AGAINST AND WHEN?

If you ignore that then we'll all know that you're nothing but the lying cowardly troll you present yourself to be.

So come on then, let's 'ave it as your silence on this matter after your rather rash and bold statement is deafening!

• Like 1

Should British speedway turn its back on Tai riding for Team GB after he turned his back on British speedway this year.

I would like to see him left out of the pairs,the world cup and the British final until he puts British speedway first again.

Anyone else agree or do you think he should ride ?

are you morrissey fan in disguise ?

• Like 1

I think people are doing Robert72 a disservice.

He didn't just line up against multiple world champions.. he claims he BEAT them.

I blame Chris Pusey, Polka Dots and tassles coupled with long hair and sideburns, it's been a road to ruin since.

No, John 'Mavis' Davis started it. Dyed blonde hair with roots, baring his chest in the press whenever he got the chance and a penchant for pink!

He had a bit of a bad boy image too. I remember him physically cutting the tapes after getting excluded from a race at an open meeting at Smallmead in the early 80's. Had a massive effect on me, ever since that day if I've ever had a pair of scissors in my hand, I've normally ended up snipping something, and to this day I still have pink items of clothing in my wardrobe.

By who? You and a few other manchildren.... :rofl:

If you apply the same logic you have to Woffinden to the likes of Crump and Pedersen (who you admit you admire) then both are going to be remembered for their off track antics.

Crump took a long time to mature, he spent years of his career acting like a petulant sh*t basically who swore his way through interviews, the swearing was something that carried on most of his career as he was a highly emotive rider. He also had a spell when his appearance was probably seen as unactable to the older generation, eg died long black hair, pierced eye brows etc….the horror of that "bad boy of the sport".

Nicki well…..Nicki….he makes Woffinden look like a saint. :lol:

FWIW, they all - Woffinden, Pedersen and Crump will actually be remembered as a great champions by the vast majority of fans as most don’t apply the same brass necked double standards you do.

Actually, Crump, Pedersen and Woffinden are very similar in many aspects, temperement wise Woffinden is probably the calmest and levelled of all of them at corresponding ages. But the most common dominator is that they're all winners, so whatever people think their characteristics have or had no ill effects on their careers.

• Like 4

So come on then robert72...I'm calling you out to prove us all wrong...

WHICH WORLD CHAMPIONS DID YOU RIDE AGAINST AND WHEN?

If you ignore that then we'll all know that you're nothing but the lying cowardly troll you present yourself to be.

So come on then, let's 'ave it as your silence on this matter after your rather rash and bold statement is deafening!

If your that confident then let's have a £10k bet I will put my money up can you ?

Oh and then I can take your money (if you can raise that amount) and give it to a worthy charity, I know the truth and got proof, all you have like bwitcher is a big mouth and nothing to prove I haven't

Come on then let's have a bet if your that confident

Why £10k when you only had a bet of £150 with 'a friend' about this thread which apparently also went to a worthy charity.

• Like 1

Why £10k when you only had a bet of £150 with 'a friend' about this thread which apparently also went to a worthy charity.

because he knows no one will put up the cash thus meaning he doesnt have to prove it.. silly bet.. he is bluffing you..

If your that confident then let's have a £10k bet I will put my money up can you ?

Oh and then I can take your money (if you can raise that amount) and give it to a worthy charity, I know the truth and got proof, all you have like bwitcher is a big mouth and nothing to prove I haven't

Come on then let's have a bet if your that confident

Nobody has to prove anything, you do.

Until you provide such proof your words mean nothing.

• Like 2