British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves 30.4.15

This meeting sees the return of Peter Kildemand as a temp replacement for Adrian, and Troy is back from his injury. These two rode at the weekend Troy scoring 11 from 6 rides and Peter 7 from 5 but he has a press and practice day today to help get back to where he was. Peter will have to get dialled back into the Blunsdon track but we all know what he can do. The rest of the robins seem to be getting better, especially Nick who had a great meeting against KL.

Wolves have two very good heat leaders in F Lindgren and Peter Karlsson and we all saw what Lewis Blackbird did for us against Lakeside scoring 8 at reserve, and who would have been welcome back to ride for the robins.

I can see Swindon winning this meeting but if the rest of the Wolves can up their game they may get 1 point.

I am hoping that Blunsdon may be more to the liking of Musielak that what else he has seen so far.

• Like 1

Thorsell is the worry for me, his 2015 average from 5 matches is 3.20

Yes he failed to beat an opponent last night, so Adams needs to investigate what's going on with him.

Think we can pull off another win. Kildemand coming in cold could just work to our favour.

Can only see a comfy win for the Robins despite Wolves great start. Blackbird will have to score well if Wolves are to get anything from this imo. Killers return should raise everyone's game ....

• Like 4

Hoping Swindon show more consistency at Blunsdon than they did last year. Another home win would be just what the Doctor ordered. However, Wolves will provide a stern test. Karlsson is a little unpredictable around the Abbey, so they will need him firing on all cylinders. Robins by 4 points.

Can only see a comfy win for the Robins despite Wolves great start. Blackbird will have to score well if Wolves are to get anything from this imo. Killers return should raise everyone's game ....

Lewis Blackbird has always had good nights at Blunsdon & will see off Charles & Lewis comfortably.

I predict a home win by 10.

Wolves may surprise me and get something at Swindon but not convinced. They struggled away to Coventry. Their away win to Lakeside was helped a lot by lakeside's heat leaders and reserve being missing.

I think if Swindon ride like they are capable of then Wolves may struggle. I really like the look of this Swindon team.

Any idea who is guesting in place of Josh Bates?

Edited by mdmc82

Wolves are everybody's tip for the wooden spoon and so this should be an easy home win - even with Killer and Batch returning from injuries.

If not a big win then Swindon will be battling at the lower end of the table for the season because Wolves are a must beat team along with Lakeside, Leicester and Belle Vue. IMHO 3 play-off places are already decided (Poole, Coventry and KL - although they will need to up their game after last night at BV) meaning Swindon have to at least win at home against the others (and will probably need a couple of away wins to counteract the Lakeside/Wolves result).

I'll go for a 53-40 scoreline.

I'd suggest Lynn's Play Off place is very far from decided. Wolves so far showing how inaccurate predictions can be.

• Like 1

I will take 46-44 now. The only match Wolves have lost this year is when they had to replace Blackbird with a tier 2 rider. Then they only lost by 8.

We lost the only time we raced against them last year. I will ignore the second farce of a meeting. Then Wells was superb along with Pawlicki. So the second one is not in the team this year but I doubt we will win the reserve battle as we did last year.