British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

What will happen if there are no international meetings held there?

It would be very disappointing - but I am not even considering that possibility.

I am certain that there will be International Meetings staged at Belle Vue.

They are going to give it until September and if no international meetings have been held then the stadium has to be demolished and returned to farmland as before

Which is a real shame, as with the track not meeting international standards (due to being 4 handlebar widths wide in straights, narrower on the bends) this is odds on to happen. Good for Manchester farming industry though to have the land opened up to them.

What will happen if there are no international meetings held there?

Most international meetings are hosted by the highest bidder, so Belle Vue will simply have to outbid the likes of Kings Lynn, Poole, Leicester and Berwick.

Given that BV will have the largest capacity, they should be able to comfortably outbid the likes of Kings Lynn to host a SWC qualifying event.

Most international meetings are hosted by the highest bidder, so Belle Vue will simply have to outbid the likes of Kings Lynn, Poole, Leicester and Berwick.

Given that BV will have the largest capacity, they should be able to comfortably outbid the likes of Kings Lynn to host a SWC qualifying event.

There is no highest bidder aspect to the SWC. These events are BSI promoted and they simply rent the venue. They will opt for a 15,000 venue over Kings Lynn just for ticket revenue.

And don't worry, it won't be a SWC qualifying event in Manchester next year anyway, I would be amazed if Manchester isn't hosting the race off and final

• Like 1

There is no highest bidder aspect to the SWC. These events are BSI promoted and they simply rent the venue. They will opt for a 15,000 venue over Kings Lynn just for ticket revenue.

And don't worry, it won't be a SWC qualifying event in Manchester next year anyway, I would be amazed if Manchester isn't hosting the race off and final

I certainly hope that you are right Oldace.

I certainly hope that you are right Oldace.

I always am

For the first time in nearly 30 years, speedway in this country is going to have top level meetings, on a decent track north of the Midlands (and within an hours drive of my house) .......................................... I can't wait

• Like 1

GB will be lucky then as they will be in the final :D

Edited by A ORLOV

I always am

Yeah!! :neutral:

Right!! :nono: :nono:

:)

GB will be lucky then as they will be in the final :D

Probably the only way we'll get there. :shock::D :D

Wow, I didn't realise that. The SWC must be a licence to print money for BSI with so many large stadiums keen to host events.

Wow, I didn't realise that. The SWC must be a licence to print money for BSI with so many large stadiums keen to host events.

In the past some SWC events have been run by a local promoter but the UK qualifier at Kings Lynn has always been a BSI event. As a general rule, if an event is a sure fire money spinner BSI will promote it, if there is the possibility of a massive loss they prefer a local promoter to take that risk!!!!!

In the past some SWC events have been run by a local promoter but the UK qualifier at Kings Lynn has always been a BSI event. As a general rule, if an event is a sure fire money spinner BSI will promote it, if there is the possibility of a massive loss they prefer a local promoter to take that risk!!!!!

Absolutely.

The word Parasite springs to mind.

WOULD a SWC Final in England attract a crowd of 15,000 no matter where it is held?

If it does go to the new Belle Vue stadium next year, which is very much on the cards, then what sort of team could GB field.

Woffinden, Harris, Cook, Nicholls and Lambert might be decent squad. Perhaps with a new team manager set-up. At our talk-in in Torun last Saturday a combo of Rob Lyon (Manager) and Mark Loram (coach) was suggested. Views?

Absolutely.

The word Parasite springs to mind.

Not really, most Polush GPs are home promoted and they seem to keep coming back for more, Vojens staged a few as home promoters among others. It is up to that promoter to make the event work and clearly some do.

WOULD a SWC Final in England attract a crowd of 15,000 no matter where it is held?

If it does go to the new Belle Vue stadium next year, which is very much on the cards, then what sort of team could GB field.

Woffinden, Harris, Cook, Nicholls and Lambert might be decent squad. Perhaps with a new team manager set-up. At our talk-in in Torun last Saturday a combo of Rob Lyon (Manager) and Mark Loram (coach) was suggested. Views?

I think next years, as the first one at the new stadium will easily attract 15,000, as long as the seeding for the hosts stays in place