British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

Not really, most Polush GPs are home promoted and they seem to keep coming back for more, Vojens staged a few as home promoters among others. It is up to that promoter to make the event work and clearly some do.

I think next years, as the first one at the new stadium will easily attract 15,000, as long as the seeding for the hosts stays in place

Well to me, taking as much as you can out of a Sport and putting nothing back, even in to training your future Riders, seems parasitical in my judgement.

Edited by The White Knight

Well to me, taking as much as you can out of a Sport and putting nothing back, even in to training your future Riders, seems parasitical in my judgement.

One mans parasite is another mans multi millionaire successful business man i suppose!!!!!

• Like 1

I think next years, as the first one at the new stadium will easily attract 15,000, as long as the seeding for the hosts stays in place

Agreed. I think the real challenge for BV is whether they can attract 5 figure crowds to "lesser" events like GP Challenges and World U21s, as the SWC will only come round once every for our five years at best.

NOT sure any stadium anywhere can attract five figures crowds for the events you mention. But BV's business plan isn't dependent on that happening anyway.

Agreed. I think the real challenge for BV is whether they can attract 5 figure crowds to "lesser" events like GP Challenges and World U21s, as the SWC will only come round once every for our five years at best.

I suspect crowds to watch the Aces will be more of a priority than the odd GP challenge though

• Like 1

I may be proved wrong by future events but ...................... I would suggest that there has been enough well attended sports event in the North West of England, to suggest that if the facilities are there, and the event is advertised, the average sports fan will show up ........................ Manchester is the host of Super League's Grand Final, it has hosted world cup games from both rugby codes, the 2002 Commonwealth Games were a success, Lancashire Cricket Club is based there, it's been home to niche sports such as basketball and ice hockey (and speedway ;) ), not forgetting football...................... Manchester is a sports mad area, with a long history of turning up in numbers; and I'm very hopeful that the new stadium will lead to a boom in speedway.

• Like 2

There are thousands of people in the Manchester area who remember going to Hyde Road, but dropped off attending after it closed. I hope the new stadium will remind that generation of Speedway and with good promotion inform a new one too. Two and a half million people live in Greater Manchester, and seven million in the North West. Ten figure crowds for big events, must be obtainable.

• Like 1

There are thousands of people in the Manchester area who remember going to Hyde Road, but dropped off attending after it closed. I hope the new stadium will remind that generation of Speedway and with good promotion inform a new one too. Two and a half million people live in Greater Manchester, and seven million in the North West. Ten figure crowds for big events, must be obtainable.

I would love and hope you to be right. (I take you to mean five figure).

WOULD a SWC Final in England attract a crowd of 15,000 no matter where it is held?

If it does go to the new Belle Vue stadium next year, which is very much on the cards, then what sort of team could GB field.

Woffinden, Harris, Cook, Nicholls and Lambert might be decent squad. Perhaps with a new team manager set-up. At our talk-in in Torun last Saturday a combo of Rob Lyon (Manager) and Mark Loram (coach) was suggested. Views?

Has Alun Rossiter resigned ?

I would love and hope you to be right. (I take you to mean five figure).

Whoops.You can dream :)

Not sure if its been mentioned before but Man City V Man Utd the same day could cause chaos getting in for a 6 start! Isn't the Etihad only about 4/5 miles away from memory?

Not sure if its been mentioned before but Man City V Man Utd the same day could cause chaos getting in for a 6 start! Isn't the Etihad only about 4/5 miles away from memory?

Not even that far, I reckon. Parked near dog track for a rugby league international and a very easy stroll to Eithad possibly only just over a couple of miles.

The fixture is only in as 3pm start because Sky havent confirmed their fixtures this far in advance.

Zero chance of it remaining a 3pm kick off..more likely to be on the Sunday.. so it wont affect opening night at all.

The fixture is only in as 3pm start because Sky havent confirmed their fixtures this far in advance.

Zero chance of it remaining a 3pm kick off..more likely to be on the Sunday.. so it wont affect opening night at all.

Definitely be on the Sunday..

Won't be allowed to play Saturday at either 3pm or 5.30pm by the Police..

Means a great sporting weekend in Manchester...