British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

It is great news and congratulations to everyone concerned. The statement does say that there may be some additional tickets available after the Test Event on 13th March has been held:

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1627

(From a personal point of view it's a bit disappointing that spectators will not be able to view from the 2nd bend, as that is where I have always watched my speedway given a choice, but the roof of the Sports Centre looks quite cosy, so may have to brush up on my spider man skills.)

It's all moved along brilliantly since this report on BBC Northwest Tonight:

The original plans for the stadium had the speedway stadium coming right up to the walls of the Greyhound stadium.

A covenant on the greyhound stadium does not permit buildings within so many meters of their land.This meant that the stadium had to be shunted away from the greyhound stadium and hence the present 1st and 2nd bend does not have much area for viewing.

It did allow the 3g pitch to be placed next to the walls of the greyhound stadium as this is not a building !!

The one good thing was Chris M was not willing to sacrifice the length and shape of the track... So the original plans for the track itself did not change.

we are still going to have a state of the art track and stadium which is absolutely fantastic.

third and 4th bend coming right up tp the walls of the Gregg

Edited by KIRKYLANE

Seen a discussion about new FIM standards for tracks,in particular new tracks must meet these.The older already approved tracks it seems have a bit of time to get up to standard.I guess the new Belle Vue meets this kinetic energy absorbing fence standard?From what I gather the fence the whole way round the track must meet this,not just on the bends

iris123

Can you provide link/name to where I may find the kinetic energy (fence impact) discussion please?

iris123

Can you provide link/name to where I may find the kinetic energy (fence impact) discussion please?

It is here,mostly in German.I guess they have got it from the FIM track regs,which I tried to look at but couldn't because I can't seem to open the blooming pdf's!!!

http://www.speedway-forum.de/index.php/Thread/13267-FIM-Standards-for-Track-Racing-Circuits-2016/?postID=231194#post231194

What I do know is that some German officials were at a couple of meetings in the past week.I think one in Switzerland and 1 in Hamburg and all this came out after that.Think one convo was on facebook from someone saying they are just back from Hamburg and there are to be changes to all tracks etc and how can they afford it,but couldn't find that today .But there has been one or two discussions about the FIM standards at the Ice Speedway,which must also come under these regs,

Edited by iris123

Because the track goes right up to the wall of the sports centre. Well not right upto but not enough to fit a lot of fans there. So that area is for riders and mechanics etc

Is there another track in the world where you cannot view from bends 1 & 2? Given that's where most passing occurs these days it's seems an incredible decision.

The old track.

Wolverhampton.

I'm sure there is plenty of others.

Edited by ouch

A shame that viewing from first two turns won't be possible but if the track is as good as it promises then it won't matter too much I'd have thought.

Just sit at the end of the grandstand or stand at the end of the back straight terracing and you'll have a perfect view of the 1st and 2nd bend

• Like 1

Is there another track in the world where you cannot view from bends 1 & 2? Given that's where most passing occurs these days it's seems an incredible decision.

Wolverhampton?

My thoughts exactly.

You can see bends 1 & 2 from any other stand in the stadium you know :shock:. So its not like you are going to miss any passing is it.

Smaller tighter track with bend 1& 2 viewing or a larger flowing track i know which i would choose.

• Like 1

If it really is the case that there is no spectator viewing on the 1st & 2nd bends then that is a screw up, but is it? Is there actually a limited amount of space for fans to watch from the 1st/2nd bend? I've been watching for over 30 years and I would always stand at the end of the straight/start of the 1st bend if possible as it's where you get the best views and most action.

Take a look at the artist impression of the finished stadium on post #491 and comments on post #512, may help you understand the situation that BV didn't have a big piece of open land to develop a stadium, there were constraints due to the Sports Village concept.

If it really is the case that there is no spectator viewing on the 1st & 2nd bends then that is a screw up, but is it? Is there actually a limited amount of space for fans to watch from the 1st/2nd bend? I've been watching for over 30 years and I would always stand at the end of the straight/start of the 1st bend if possible as it's where you get the best views and most action.

Good god man, there is NO viewing from 1st and 2nd bend but viewing will be top notch everywhere else. Don't u worry about that

For a while there I thought there was nothing to complain about regarding the new Belle Vue.

Phew. What a relief.

Stand at the end of the straight then.

• Like 4