British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

Looks great

Cbl4BMHUMAQEYdM.jpg

Why there is terracing on turns 3-4 and not 1-2 seems strange especially on a virgin site.

Seems like the whole project could have been shunted 5-10m towards the old stadium which would loose the terracing on 3-4 but create terracing on 1-2. Wouldn't it?

We could probably see more on an Architect's site plan drg. Does anyone have access?

Where are the pits situated? Are they behind that black box on turn 1? This could be the governing factor as there doesn't look to be any vehicular access off the main road at turn 3, if the pits where to have been sited at that end.

Edited by pugwash

Why there is terracing on turns 3-4 and not 1-2 seems strange especially on a virgin site.

Seems like the whole project could have been shunted 5-10m towards the old stadium which would loose the terracing on 3-4 but create terracing on 1-2. Wouldn't it?

We could probably see more on an Architect's site plan drg. Does anyone have access?

Where are the pits situated? Are they behind that black box on turn 1? This could be the governing factor as there doesn't look to be any vehicular access off the main road at turn 3, if the pits where to have been sited at that end.

No that wouldn't have been possible as you have to remember at the 3rd and 4th bend end they are erecting a 4000 seat temporary grandstand for World Cup.

That artist impression is quite out of date now, plans changed, there are architect diagrams on Manchester council planning but again they are couple of years out of date. Pits are on 1st bend similar position to Coventry at end of grandstand.

Always used to stand on the straight after the exit of bend 2 and had a great view of all the action on bend 1 and 2 at Swindon, no doubt BV would be the same, but the loss of viewing at bend 1 and 2 is a shame and not a good example for a major stadium.

• Like 4

Always used to stand on the straight after the exit of bend 2 and had a great view of all the action on bend 1 and 2 at Swindon, no doubt BV would be the same, but the loss of viewing at bend 1 and 2 is a shame and not a good example for a major stadium.

All these petty complaints are from non Belle vue supporters who will go to the stadium every blue moon.But as a Belle vue season ticket holder i will be happy to put up with this poor effort of a stadium for 35 meeting or so this year and beyond.

The track was origially going to be built right next to the old stadium but from what i understand a land covenant forced them to move further down the road to a sight with a little less space

As has been stated before with less space to build the stadium in,the managment have said its all about getting the track right as that is the main thing.So they have chosen to lose the viewing point on the 1st and 2nd bend so that we have a bigger better track after all its the speedway racing that we all turn up to see.

Two of you a Stoke fan and a Swindon fan i am sorry to say but you both have more to worry about re your own stadiums than worry your little heads about ours.

• Like 2

All these petty complaints are from non Belle vue supporters who will go to the stadium every blue moon.But as a Belle vue season ticket holder i will be happy to put up with this poor effort of a stadium for 35 meeting or so this year and beyond.

The track was origially going to be built right next to the old stadium but from what i understand a land covenant forced them to move further down the road to a sight with a little less space

As has been stated before with less space to build the stadium in,the managment have said its all about getting the track right as that is the main thing.So they have chosen to lose the viewing point on the 1st and 2nd bend so that we have a bigger better track after all its the speedway racing that we all turn up to see.

Two of you a Stoke fan and a Swindon fan i am sorry to say but you both have more to worry about re your own stadiums than worry your little heads about ours.

Unless I have read you post wrongly I am not putting forward a petty complaint about the stadium, if you read my post it states that it is a shame about the lack of viewing from bend 1 and 2.

I can also assure you I am not worrying my head about it.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

This will certainly make BSI think when pricing tickets for the GP series. Until now the start finish has been the premium seats when all along its bends 1 & 2.

Unless I have read you post wrongly I am not putting forward a petty complaint about the stadium, if you read my post it states that it is a shame about the lack of viewing from bend 1 and 2.

I can also assure you I am not worrying my head about it.

I apologise if i have misunderstood your post.But in my defence you get fed up with the knockers and this forum is full of them.Right from the start you had it will never get built this wont happen that wont happen,and now it is built its the things that they think are wrong with it.It never ends and you sometimes get p'd of with it.

Why can't people be happy when good things happen in our sport at the moment that does not happen very often does it.

I would think that as a Swindon fan you will know where i am coming from as over on your thread the never will be build knockers are already out in force.On that note nothing will make me happier than when you and Coventry get your own new stadiums built its what this sport needs to keep our clubs alive and hopefully get new fans interested people like their comfort these days.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 5

Wolverhampton, Leicester, there's two tracks where viewing from turn 1 stroke turn 2 the public is not really catered for..... I'm sure there's more...

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Wolverhampton, Leicester, there's two tracks where viewing from the public is not catered for..... I'm sure there's more...

theres plenty of tracks with pits on 1/2 bend, even old belle vue!!

Is there another track in the world where you cannot view from bends 1 & 2? Given that's where most passing occurs these days it's seems an incredible decision.

At Glasgow you can stand At Bends 1 or two, but given it's a banked track it's not worthwhile. you are trying to peer downwards over a barrier and being sprayed with Shale. At a lot of tracks, though, if you want to see the passing on these bends the best place is nearer the start line.

Edited to add - the Smoking shed is on Bend one at Ashfield. Always popular.

Is it going to be possible to walk, say from the main stand around to the terracing via 3&4? I enjoy a walk round the track meeting different people etc. at the speedway.

Edited by damosuzuki

Interesting the fetish for bend 1-2. All the years I went to Hyde Road (late 50's to late 70's) I stood/sat mostly on the 3rd bend, very occasionally on the back straight, even less on bend 1-2 (was there when PC's leg hit the dislodged grid lid which ruined his chance to be world champ in '77), and I think only once on the start finish straight (and that was one night we spotted Bill Collins broken down [Peters dad] with Peters bikes on a trailer. We stopped, took the bikes to the pit entrance which got us into the stadium on the start-finish straight. Just wish we had walked round the track to our usual position.

Last 3 years at Cardiff we sat on 4th bend and twice on 3rd bend.

Booked tickets at BV for team Championship and guess where we picked - 3rd bend (in the specially erected stand).

Edited by Joe Hatton

What is most important is the view of the track.

Kirky Lane had lots of areas with poor viewing as do other tracks .On the steps of the main straight was good but lower down it was poor.

The new stadium will give good viewing all round .

As stated before the covenant of the Greyhound stadium meant the new stadium was shunted away from the boundary wall with the Greyhound stadium. this meant an alteration from the original plans.This has meant only a small area between the 1st and 2nd bend and the Leisure Centre. a small price to pay in order to keep the original shape and length of track of the original plans.

• Like 1

No that wouldn't have been possible as you have to remember at the 3rd and 4th bend end they are erecting a 4000 seat temporary grandstand for World Cup.

That artist impression is quite out of date now, plans changed, there are architect diagrams on Manchester council planning but again they are couple of years out of date. Pits are on 1st bend similar position to Coventry at end of grandstand.

We did that in 04 if you remember, turns 1-2 3-4 it was quite a fetching sight, wish we could have kept it up..

• Like 1

I agree that the size and shape of the track is all important and I hope the stadium & track do turn out to be excellent. Surprisingly enough I do have my tickets for the 1st meeting and I wish Belle Vue every success.

However, no viewing from the first bend does strike me as an issue. I genuinely hope it's the only one and that everything else is perfect.

Out of interest does anyone what the details of the covenant are and why it exists?

This will certainly make BSI think when pricing tickets for the GP series. Until now the start finish has been the premium seats when all along its bends 1 & 2.

Prawn sandwich brigade.

I don't think that these are complaints, merely observations. I'm sure that we will all enjoy the new arena turn 1/2 or no turn 1/2.