British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

Prawn sandwich brigade.

I don't think that these are complaints, merely observations. I'm sure that we will all enjoy the new arena turn 1/2 or no turn 1/2.

Exactly.

People need to be a little less defensive. If the lack of first bend viewing is to allow room to erect a temporary stand on turns 3&4 then fair enough.

Have my tickets for the opening meeting too - always been a 4th bend spectator so happy with the design :wink: Can anyone confirm the parking details for the opening night? How much parking is there at the new stadium? Can you park at the old stadium and walk up to the new stadium? Any advice would be appreciated :t:

I've heard some sort of deal with the Cinema is likely, their car park across the road from the new and old stadium is massive.

• Like 1

Have my tickets for the opening meeting too - always been a 4th bend spectator so happy with the design :wink: Can anyone confirm the parking details for the opening night? How much parking is there at the new stadium? Can you park at the old stadium and walk up to the new stadium? Any advice would be appreciated :t:

The onsite car park is quite small and limited, parking only allowed there if you buy a parking ticket for the season. I'm sure the GRA will be charging to use their car park, a deal has been done with Showcase cinema apparently, I expect more details to be released soon.

• Like 2

5500 already sold with another 500 being released if the test event goes well with H&S.

With sponsorships, hospitality, parking, bar, food, programme and merchandise sales they will take between £120'000 and £150'000 from the event.

5500 already sold with another 500 being released if the test event goes well with H&S.

With sponsorships, hospitality, parking, bar, food, programme and merchandise sales they will take between £120'000 and £150'000 from the event.

5000 sell out mate

any recent pics on how it's progressing ?

Not really, not been any official photos for weeks. The person who did the drone video a few weeks ago, posted in here, is hoping to do it again in the next week to see progress.

It is here,mostly in German.I guess they have got it from the FIM track regs,which I tried to look at but couldn't because I can't seem to open the blooming pdf's!!!

http://www.speedway-forum.de/index.php/Thread/13267-FIM-Standards-for-Track-Racing-Circuits-2016/?postID=231194#post231194

What I do know is that some German officials were at a couple of meetings in the past week.I think one in Switzerland and 1 in Hamburg and all this came out after that.Think one convo was on facebook from someone saying they are just back from Hamburg and there are to be changes to all tracks etc and how can they afford it,but couldn't find that today .But there has been one or two discussions about the FIM standards at the Ice Speedway,which must also come under these regs,

Even if the new fence is built rigid, just put some padding on the exit's and its good for 2016. Safest is to get that Finnish gent from FIM to inspect it, he'll use some common sense and approve it no matter what.

It is not solid fence, it's a mesh fence

It is not solid fence, it's a mesh fence

The kickboard needs to be shock absorbing as well next year. Now you can sort it with padding or extending the apd.

Ooops

Edited by Phil The Ace