British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Lakeside V Coventry Friday 1/5/15

surely ur sister told you whilst using the computer minutes/ seconds before you? :)

Congratulations Coventry Bees. They had me worried there for a while.

However my biggest question has to be why on earth would you put Lindgren in heat 15 when he had scored poorly. Can see why they picked Kennett as he had been brilliant all night but as us bees fans know, Kennett and heat 15 are usually a disaster.

n.

There was a gasp of surprise from the crowd when Lindgren was announced in heat 15,ahead of Kim who had been flying all night, and together with Ed had been Lakeside's best gater . Logic says put Kim who likes the inside off gate 1 and Ed who likes the outside off gate 3. Vatchers incompetence at its worst. It was the same last year when he kept putting PK in heat 15 whe PK wasn't scoring.

Anyway it's done and dusted now, so we'll done to the Bees. I can't see anyone stopping them in the league if they stay fit, although who knows what the play offs will bring. Lakeside's season is as good as over.

I don't want to say too much about Mikkel Bech but it looks to me like his confidence is shot. He wasn't really dropping the clutch until the rest had gone and didn't really seem to br enjoying it one bit. He has got bags of potential but unless he gets his head sorted one has to wonder where he goes from here. Nothing at all wrong with the track this week and one point on his home track is not acceptable from a second string let alone a heatleader.

Finally ! A word of praise for Ed Kennett. He has had a lot of stick on the. Forum for a few years now but he really looked the business tonight. Very fast and the way he hunted Hans down then passed him and opened up a big gap between himself and the Coventry pair was probably the ride of the season so far at Lakeside.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

An enjoyable meeting despite the cold!

Well done the Bees who are still difficult to beat even when they are not at their best!

Hard luck to Richard Lawson in heat 14 but had the race not been stopped in the first place he would not have won it anyway! The biggest stroke of fortune for the Bees was Lakeside putting Fredrik Lindgren in heat 15!

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 2

. It was the same last year when he kept putting PK in heat 15 whe PK wasn't scoring.

Is this the same PK who scored paid 13 last week and helped win us the match in heats 14 and 15 last week :D:D

Wolfie.

My first visit to the Raceway and glad I went! I thought Lakeside were a bit unlucky as they had the star riders of the night in my opinion. But I'll certainly take the good fortune and smash and grab that came the Bees way tonight.

I thought Brandon could feel flat at times but even with our pretty poor presentation this year, it's got a much better atmosphere than Lakeside had tonight. The track provided some good races though, just the big rut out of turn 2 that was causing some trouble.

Feel for Bech as he's clearly out of sorts with no confidence, he said as much in an article recently. Never really understood the hype about him but he's a much better rider than he's showing.

I'm not getting this luck thing. Lakeside had one but if bad luck, the heat 14 EF but had that race been awarded the first time it would have been a 4-2 to coventry meaning 43-41 going into heat 15 and the Bees 5-1 would have made it 46-44 to the Bees.

What other bad luck did they have?

Coventry deserved to win and did so.

Anyone else find it odd that the Danes are struggling this year? Hans, Bech, Bjerre, Porsing and Bjarne. Even Iversen is not his usual self other than at Lynn. Co-incidence or some reason for it?

Edited by SCB

Just for the record, Eddie Kennett didn't choke in Ht.15. Took a mega move by Danny King around the outside T2 to deny him; after that he couldn't get around the team riding bees. Never gave up trying though

Can't ask for more than that

• Like 5

. It was the same last year when he kept putting PK in heat 15 whe PK wasn't scoring.

Is this the same PK who scored paid 13 last week and helped win us the match in heats 14 and 15 last week :D:D

Wolfie.

Wolfie, PK last season was not the same rider and I feel he would have been a better guest than fast Freddie!

I'm not getting this luck thing. Lakeside had one but if bad luck, the heat 14 EF but had that race been awarded the first time it would have been a 4-2 to coventry meaning 43-41 going into heat 15 and the Bees 5-1 would have made it 46-44 to the Bees.

What other bad luck did they have?

Coventry deserved to win and did so.

Anyone else find it odd that the Danes are struggling this year? Hans, Bech, Bjerre, Porsing and Bjarne. Even Iversen is not his usual self other than at Lynn. Co-incidence or some reason for it?

As you say a case of if my Aunty.

However I do think Richard may have had an outing in 15 and I think it took a bit of the wind out of our sails. (I refer you to my Aunty).

Most enjoyable meeting by the way. Apart from an Idiot shouting about Bech not getting off the track in 14 (If that was the case he must have some confidence in his skipper).

Edited by Custom House Kid
  • Like 1

Just back from Lakeside..that was a meeting I'd written off by Heat 10, saying to my friend that I thought we'd be lucky to come away with anything.

All the more delighted to nick the win at the death then, with a superb first lap from King and Harris in the final race. Another good all round team performance though alarm bells were ringing after another two pointless opening rides from our No1. I'm sure he'll come good soon though...

Kennett was by far the fastest rider on show, but choked again in Heat 15.

Much more entertaining than Wednesday's drab affair in Norfolk.

Kennett choked in heat fifteen? Lets be fair he is on loan from Rye House and is doubling up. Any self respecting side built to be serious contenders shouldn't be pinning their hopes on a PL rider especially one who rarely wins heat fifteen at PL level. Just congratulate the boy, pat him on the back for another decent performance and leave it at that without any sour grapes left over from his time at Brandon. Kennett would be in my team every time especially over Garrity who will never be a team man as Coventry will inevitably find out given time.

Kennett choked in heat fifteen? Lets be fair he is on loan from Rye House and is doubling up. Any self respecting side built to be serious contenders shouldn't be pinning their hopes on a PL rider especially one who rarely wins heat fifteen at PL level. Just congratulate the boy, pat him on the back for another decent performance and leave it at that without any sour grapes left over from his time at Brandon. Kennett would be in my team every time especially over Garrity who will never be a team man as Coventry will inevitably find out given time.

The same Kennett who let the Coventry team down by cheating?
  • Like 5

Rather churlish to slag off Garrity when he has just scored paid 13.

• Like 1

For once Kennetts heat fifteen worked in our favour, don`t think he won a single heat fifteen home or away whilst a Bees rider. wait till later in the season when Kennett goes off the boil altogether its early days yet for him..

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

especially over Garrity who will never be a team man as Coventry will inevitably find out given time.

Is that a joke? Were you anywhere near the pits last night. I text my bro after heat 12 saying we should make the lad skipper. He was firing the whole team up as well as doing a bl##dy good job on the track.

He's great with the fans as well, always taking time to thank them for turning up. Best team man we've had in years.

Laughable statement.

• Like 7

JK has posted photos of the showers at Lakeside tonight and complaining about the cold water and mould, oh dear.

Not the first time this season so goes to show they have done absolutely nothing about it, if this is how you treat your staff its no wonder that sometimes they might think twice before breaking a sweat.

• Like 1

Seriously lol. Kennett has been riding in the EL for years and did once have a 8pt average. It's not like he's a PL rider who has just stepped up. Hes been on the decline for a while. King also rides in the PL but still managed to come out and win heat 15 so not sure what your point is there?

As for being a team man there really is no competition. Garrity is always there at the pit gates supporting which ever bees rider goes out and the other riders have often praised the impact he has on team spirit in the pits.

As for Kennett, when he was with the bees and often scoring nothing, he would always sit with his head down in the pits. I don't remember him being a team man when he cheated and let his team mates down by getting banned.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2