British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Ipswich Witches V Sheffield Tigers Monday 4th May

Fantastic win for Sheffield yesterday glad I decided to go, after the hammering we took at Somerset I wasn't really expecting a point never mind 3! Yes Ipswich had their problems and bad decisions against them but you have to take advantage of this if and when the opportunity comes around.

Luckily for us it was to be the case, helped by some fast gating and determination. After the last 2 seasons this year is a massive improvement, massively disappointed that Steady and Bellego are missing but think they have been covered well so far.

7 points from 3 away matches is more than we managed all last season so can't complain.

On a separate note I have read some negative posts regarding Ty Proctor which I think are a little bit unfair. Upto the Ipswich home match he was on a 9+ average and 9th in the Speedway star averages! Not bad when his official average is around 6.50. His away form apart from at Somerset has been very good just needs to master Owlerton. Andre has also been going about his business quietly and riding very well too.

Going forward I think changing the riding order may benefit us! At home i would be tempted to for

1. Guest

2. Birks

3. Proctor

4. Garrity

5. Compton

Reserves either way

It's a good job this forum was off line as I'd have probably have got myself banned for bad language towards the referee !

It was however a shocking performance by the majority of the Witches and Sheffield were fully deserving of their victory .

It wasn't helped by alot of movement at the starts , the ref should have recalled several of the early heats and although there's no such rule as first bend bunching a bit of common sense should have prevailed when riders fell after said contact , and the decision to exclude Rohan when Morris locked up in front of him brought the refs incompetence to new depths !

I was beginning to think Barbara Horley had taken her wig off and become Mick Bates the decisions were that bad !

At the forum afterwards there was much discussion about not being mentally tough enough yesterday and the obvious disappointment of losing , the poor track conditions and also questions were asked about Ritchies problems and Cam's form being so hit and miss at Foxhall .

Firstly well done Sheffield.

Our problems stem from Cam and Rohan struggling at home and Richie struggling everywhere

also Ritchie has a different engine coming from Chris for our next meeting. The riders were also asked why the whole day they couldn't get out the starts and where the starts prepared any different. I didn't know this but apparently Chris is the main man for the prep now. He said he didn't get it right because it was under water on the Sunday and the track walk before the meeting didn't help with getting the water into it. I also had a good chat with Ritchie after he came over and shook my hand off his own back which was nice of him. what I nice bloke he is. We had a chat about his equipment and what's happening with it and a chat about the new team manager and a few other things.

Firstly well done Sheffield.

Our problems stem from Cam and Rohan struggling at home and Richie struggling everywhere[/quote

Cameron has been pretty good away though. And rohan hasn't. Normally rohan is good at home and Cameron isn't so good.

did yer get beat ?

If you take the scores of Danny and nico away and sometimes stefan. I don't think we have been that good at all In most of the meetings so far

Wonder if this Thursday will be as exciting at Foxhall?

You mean with no meeting ?

A thoroughly enjoyable day out, nice day and a Tigers away win. Must say after Fridays battering at the OTA, I wasn't expecting too much at a track we normally don't go too well at, but the Tigers were superb and very well deserved win. We have been struggling since Steady and David's crash at Rye House and hopefully this will get us back on track.

Thanks to Nick Morris for a superb job as guest.

Congratulations to the Tigers who made the most of some dodgy refereeing decisions in the first few heats to get a lead and hold on to it. The Ipswich boys heads apart from Danny & Nico seem to go down. The Tigers then gave the Witches a lesson in gating.
Don't know why the ref didn't stop the first two races after clashes into the first bend and jump starts and clashes in the second. You would think being an ex rider he would know better. Surprised he didn't go round on the victory parade lap with his son Josh. ;)
Surprised to be saying this but Nick Morris made Jason Garrity look super smooth and in control today. How he wasn't excluded when he locked up in front of Rohan and left he nowhere to go but into him. Surprised he only got hit once the way he was riding causing mayhem behind him as riders didn't know which way to go.

Onto the Witches,
Cam hasn't been the same since his crash at Peterborough.
Ritchie just hasn't started at all since his crash.
Was Stefan fully fit after his crash at Sheffield? as he looked awkward on the bike.
Thought Rohan was unlucky today, only one of his two exclusions was his fault.
Danny faultless after his bike problems in heat one.
And what can you say about Nico, carrying on his good form from the confidence of good scores from reserve has given him.
Hopefully Ritchie will get some confidence soon as we need the reserves to be scoring like at the start of the season as we have some catching up to do now.
The only good thing about the result was we stopped the Tigers from taking all four points in the last race.

Edited by Bash

Covatti was excellent again. The Sheffield fans watching must have wondered where this version of Covatti was last season!

It's a good job we have got the current version, because if we had the 2014 version we wouldn't even be competitive!!

Covatti was excellent again. The Sheffield fans watching must have wondered where this version of Covatti was last season!

It's a good job we have got the current version, because if we had the 2014 version we wouldn't even be competitive!!

Yeah he didn't have a 4 point average for nothing last season, that's how he rode. He rode very well on Monday and like you say good job he did or it would have been a hammering.