British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V Lakeside 4th May 2015

Absolutely loved the first thing I saw when I arrived last night to be a man holding a "VOTE UKIP" sign. Absolutely fabulous. .

Lucky I didn't notice this! There might just have been fisticuffs...

• Like 1

Crazy that Chris Simpson hasn't been reinstated to be honest. Cmon Bees management sort this and everything will be 100% spot on!

Well, apart from Peter York will still be there.

Wait for the, "well, I go to watch Speedway" comments. Well, the goings on last night as you have no doubt factually reported, is what ruins a night for me! It's not just about the Speedway, it much much more. Good presentation can actually make a meeting!

Except those who did go for the speedway only got 10 heats of it! imagine paying for a 3 course meal but not getting your desert!

Absolutely loved the first thing I saw when I arrived last night to be a man holding a "VOTE UKIP" sign. Absolutely fabulous. .

I could just imagine him muttering, "bloody foreigners" as Kim Nilsson won heat 1 :D

Crazy that Chris Simpson hasn't been reinstated to be honest. Cmon Bees management sort this and everything will be 100% spot on!

That's a bold statement if ever I saw one. :D

• Like 1

Heat..3 Comments:Great race between Kennett and Kylmakorpi. Texter wishes Kennett would nick some mirrors off a Vespa so he didn't look round all race. He might have seen Kylmakorpi coming on the run to the line. Batchelor all over the place.

Heat..4 Comments:Ellis replaces Wright. Sarjeant fell last bend while all over Lawson. Track tricker than completing a rubix cube in a straight jacket.
Heat..6 Comments:Bech and Hans trying to outdo each other to get to second strings.
Heat..7 Comments:Decent ride from Hans on his second bike.Batchelor the worst guest since Fred West was invited round for dinner.
Heat..8 Comments:Nilsson TR.Bees on an easy 5-1. Ellis the typical Frenchman surrenders and falls off the end of lap 1. Nilsson shut off to force the re-run. Ellis excluded.

Heat..9 Comments:Lawson gated and went wide but both bees got their jetskis into gear and drove up the inside of bend 2.

Absolutely brilliant texting from Silver Bee over on the Speedway Updates Proboard.

In the words of Frank Carson it's they way he tells them.

Please give all the credit to Silver Bee.

Brilliant weren't they :D

It appears somebody complained about some of his previous updates, disrespectful to the riders apparently...

Clearly some moron with no sense of humour... :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Just have good laugh and not take thinks to seriously me thinks.

It makes such a refreshing change.. I actually look forward to them :t:

• Like 1

Except those who did go for the speedway only got 10 heats of it! imagine paying for a 3 course meal but not getting your desert!

Are you still banging on about this? Not seen anyone agreeing with you yet as it was the obvious decision to put us all out of our misery. And think of a better comparision because the one you've given is stupid. :P

• Like 1

Brilliant weren't they :D

It appears somebody complained about some of his previous updates, disrespectful to the riders apparently...

Clearly some moron with no sense of humour... :rolleyes:

Fully agree even though some of the comments had a go at Troy, always enjoy it when Silver Bee is texting.

Fully agree even though some of the comments had a go at Troy, always enjoy it when Silver Bee is texting.

Pretty accurate though ;)

• Like 1

Are you still banging on about this? Not seen anyone agreeing with you yet as it was the obvious decision to put us all out of our misery. And think of a better comparision because the one you've given is stupid. :P

10 heats out of 15 is 66%. 2 courses out of 3 is 66% so it's the perfect example. I've only seen you and the promoter disagree too. We paid for 15 heats, they got to heat 10, the heat where magically you can declare a result, then they called it off. You might have been happy only seeing 66% of a meeting but I wasn't - it's happened 2 of the last 3 times I've been to Brandon now. The meeting started with it drizzling and not a single bit of sky without cloud, it was always going to carry on drizzling, so why why start if they couldn't finish?

Well, one can certainly see the similarities in profile between UKIP and Speedway.

Primarily they're both followed by a bunch of supporters who are white; 65+; generally financially secure 'Saga Louts'; probably think that everything was much better in the World 50 years ago; and are generally totally confused with modern day events. Meanwhile, what they support is on borrowed time.

Hang on, was the geezer with the UKIP sign Peter York? ;)

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

10 heats out of 15 is 66%. 2 courses out of 3 is 66% so it's the perfect example. I've only seen you and the promoter disagree too. We paid for 15 heats, they got to heat 10, the heat where magically you can declare a result, then they called it off. You might have been happy only seeing 66% of a meeting but I wasn't - it's happened 2 of the last 3 times I've been to Brandon now. The meeting started with it drizzling and not a single bit of sky without cloud, it was always going to carry on drizzling, so why why start if they couldn't finish?

Drizzling? :shock: It might have started off like that at 7.30pm but it soon became a steady downpour throughout the match. It was also chucking it down all the way home to Leicester. So what you are saying then is you'd rather it was called off altogether and there was no attempt to try to run it? If so you wouldn't be on here complaining the promotion had taken your entrance money with no intention of running the meeting and left us standing around in the cold and wet while a decision was made. Or another option - call it off about 4pm to stop people travelling as the weather forecast was poor. Take your pick.

I was also under the impression you've been coming to Brandon a few times this season so which of the last 2 matches out of the 3 you've attended have you not seen the match completed? As far as I can see they've all run their course, apart from the Chris Harris Testimonial which was rightly called off way before the start time.

Thanks for the fans vote of confidence, we miss being part of the family at Coventry in 2015. I've not been to a single match this year, the whole episode's left a very sour taste and put speedway very much on the back burner for now.

What's happened to SCB?

Not like him to miss the chance of a good argument by ignoring questions asked. :lol:

Thanks for the fans vote of confidence, we miss being part of the family at Coventry in 2015. I've not been to a single match this year, the whole episode's left a very sour taste and put speedway very much on the back burner for now.

Very sad..and (if I understand it correctly) all over a Facebook post! Ridiculous...

• Like 2

Drizzling? :shock: It might have started off like that at 7.30pm but it soon became a steady downpour throughout the match. It was also chucking it down all the way home to Leicester. So what you are saying then is you'd rather it was called off altogether and there was no attempt to try to run it? If so you wouldn't be on here complaining the promotion had taken your entrance money with no intention of running the meeting and left us standing around in the cold and wet while a decision was made. Or another option - call it off about 4pm to stop people travelling as the weather forecast was poor. Take your pick.

I was also under the impression you've been coming to Brandon a few times this season so which of the last 2 matches out of the 3 you've attended have you not seen the match completed? As far as I can see they've all run their course, apart from the Chris Harris Testimonial which was rightly called off way before the start time.

I'd say it was drizzle - couldn't have been that bad as we stayed on bend 1 and 2 where as in the past its got so bad we had watched heats from the back straight to avoid the rain.

I'm of the opinion that if you start a meeting when it's drizzling, the forecast is for rain and the sky doesn't have any breaks in the cloud that you have an obligation to carry on to the end unless it gets any worse. Isn't it funny that meeting can get to heat 10 before getting called off, when was the last time a meeting got to heat 11 and was called off? Always heat 10 as if thats all they care about,it's all that matters, because at that point they don't have to refund any money!

I've seen MANY meeting over the years run in worse conditions. Including 2 or 3 heats of last years play-off final that our management DIDNT want calling off.

The last 3 meetings I have been to have been this one, the BV meeting a few weeks back and the play-off final that also got rained off.