British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Leicester V Coventry 9th May 2015

Where did you get the Bridger news from ?

It's all over Twitter. I guess we will see how true it is in meeting against Swindon as two new signings are meant to be in place by then.

I'm surprised Mikkel is being replaced, he's only just returned from injury and is a good rider.

Where did you get the Bridger news from ?

Apparently he has been practising at Beaumont Park.

.....shirl.....What i find baffling is why we over looked Joonas when Eastbourne cleared out and we signed Pedersen and Mikkelsen.

Possibly the reason was because of his long track commitments on some weekends? :unsure: He would certainly have been a brilliant addition to the team though as he seems to like the Leicester track. Anyway, hands off now as we love him at Coventry. :lol:

• Like 3

It's all over Twitter. I guess we will see how true it is in meeting against Swindon as two new signings are meant to be in place by then.

I'm surprised Mikkel is being replaced, he's only just returned from injury and is a good rider.

I personally would love 2 see Bridger back. If only he could sort his head out, amazing talent going to waste

Possibly the reason was because of his long track commitments on some weekends? :unsure: He would certainly have been a brilliant addition to the team though as he seems to like the Leicester track. Anyway, hands off now as we love him at Coventry. :lol:

Thanks for that, i reckon he's a great signing for the bees as he's flying at the minute.

Hats off the Bees management for putting their hands up earlier rather than later for making the change to replace Jamrog with Joonas, you have gone from a side that may have made the playoffs to a title winning team and being a Lions fan thats tough to accept considering our plight at the minute.

• Like 2

So.. here's a rider who signed for Coventry then decided he hadn't got the equipment required to take his place, but all of a sudden after an extended break he can join another team. I doubt he is the answer. Maybe he'll score a couple more than Bjarne, who clearly didn't want to be over here but did so to get his average down for the pirates next year, but it'll take a lot more than LB to avoid the wooden spoon this year

• Like 1

Taken from Bjarne's website: -

Bjarne Pedersen has decided to stop his english season in Leicester Lions.

- The decision was easy, but I am sad that I dissapoint the club and the supporters. I have to think about myself and the rest of the season, tells Bjarne.

- All the way I have been in good dialogue with Leicester, and I informed them five weeks ago, so that they could find a substitution, says BP.

So who is telling the truth Bjarne 5 weeks notice or Leicester only a couple of days?

• Like 1

So who is telling the truth Bjarne 5 weeks notice or Leicester only a couple of days?

Been rumours for weeks he has quit so I'll go with the 5 weeks.

I think under the circumstances it was a decent performance by a patched up lions team . Kurtz Summers and Worrall did ok as guests while Doyle and Wozzy were their usual reliable selves around BP it was just lambert who was disappointing.

Apparently Bridger has been practising at Leicester for the last couple of weeks. Surely he can't do any worse than Pedersen can he ?

Ok peeps, let's change tac. Thought there was some great racing last night, quite a lot of passing, some riders have bigger balls than others!

If you forget all the politics, last night was very entertaining...

• Like 2

Bjarne definitely did not quit 5 weeks ago although he did raise some doubts about riding in the UK but nothing to say he was quitting in 5 weeks.

Hopefully the signings will all work and Leicester can try to get off the bottom of the Elite league

I do not believe the 5 weeks notice at all, That would mean after 2 challenge meetings, ELRC, and 1 away meeting he decided to give notice?

Hans could not refuse to ride in Denmark, he would have been banned from riding (in England) by the DMU.

If the Danish meeting had been called off 20 minutes earlier, he would have flown over to England to race at Leicester.

Mikkel Michelsen was missing from the Leicester team for the same reason.

Strange though that Bjarne didn't have to compete in the 1/4 Finals.

ATB

Dave

Fully understand the possibility of being banned which I would understand for a semi or final - but by implication, a quarter final suggests that Hans was part of a meeting which included a proportion of the best 64 best riders in Denmark - crikey is Denmark a nation that could even possibly supply 64 riders anyway - nah don't think so !

And for the fact that the "magnificent" Bjarne Pederson gets a bye for for quarter finals shows how so out of touch the Danish federation are.

Perhaps when the meeting is re run it will be when Bees don't have a match. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Saturday 6th June I believe

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1