British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Leicester V Coventry 9th May 2015

A meeting can't be called off just because riders are missing.

I think you'll find there is a relatively recent precedent for doing exactly that. Apparently, it cheats the fans but only if it affects the home team.

• Like 5

I think you'll find there is a relatively recent precedent for doing exactly that. Apparently, it cheats the fans but only if it affects the home team.

That rule is only in the book for South Coast teams although even they haven't been able to use it this year 😉

Michelsen's last score for Leicester was 0,0,0

Worrall scored 11 whilst Auty scored 4 when they met at Leicester a couple of weeks ago, so think guests could make them stronger

Hans will be a miss for bees as Hans scored 15 whilst Morris scored 6 in the same meeting there a couple of weeks ago but it is what it is. I'm sure Morris will do well.

Edited by mdmc82

I wonder if Bjarne has got over his sickness bug that would have stopped him from riding at KL on Wednesday - if it hadn't been called blown off?? :wink::wink::shock:

Edited by Skidder1

Even if the Bees lose this Match , we can still say we didn't lose to Leicester

• Like 4

Danish championship has been rained off. Shame for both teams it hadn't been nearer or earlier as would have meant Hans & Mikkel racing.

Could they get back if they really wanted to? And would they be allowed to ride if they could get back??

@Hansi_Andersen: Another rain off 😟☔️ half hour too late for me to make it back to UK for Leicester 😡 #NeededJust20min #HadMeFlightSorted #JustWasntMeant2Be

Edited by mdmc82

With the way Leicester have been riding, I would think using guests would give them more of a chance of winning than using their own team

Every team in the country are using guests.....the riders are self employed contractors operating on a week to week basis hence they can be dispensed with if they are not performing as in the case of Jamrog who was dumped and kylmorkorpi was recruited to make a difference.....its not rocket science is it?
  • Like 1

Every team in the country are using guests.....the riders are self employed contractors operating on a week to week basis hence they can be dispensed with if they are not performing as in the case of Jamrog who was dumped and kylmorkorpi was recruited to make a difference.....its not rocket science is it?

Agree which is why sadly guests may be better options for Leicester today.

Hopefully they will make some good team changes very soon

Any news on the final guest or is it R/R?

Edited by mdmc82

they can be dispensed with if they are not performing as in the case of Jamrog who was dumped and kylmorkorpi was recruited to make a difference.....its not rocket science is it?

Not completly true, if a team has paid a season loan deal it's not that easy and I wonder if this is why Pedersen is still at Leicester?

The weather looks like it will stay dry now and windy, the pressure has risen slowly all day, after hitting a low last night, so the rain that was predicted just blew away towards the North coast and over to Demark. It seems that the best bet these days is to scrap teams and just use 7 riders that you can get hold of for the nights racing, which is just what is happening now.

You just can't call a team when you have half of them missing.

Hope the Lions win, with this wind it will be a very chilly night at BP, it can be cold there even on the best of days when the wind blows from over the pits. Get your thermals out, you might need them tonight.

Any solid news on Leciesters team?

Any solid news on Leciesters team?

Doyle, Summers, ???, Wozniak, Pedersen, Worrall, Lambert

It's bad that there is no word on the line up from Leicester when only couple hours till the meeting.

Only know about Summers as saw it on Twitter

• Like 1