British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Leicester V Coventry 9th May 2015

I agree with he he has just turned his back on the British speedway scene. e should have been proud to have rode in the pairs, but he prfered to go and ride in a practice sesion, then meet his sponsers which could have been done any other day and then meet with a Polish mayor, some prority to his country.

Lets hope we get some good young lads coming through the system and they can then tell him to go and stay in Poland.

Did you read his statement? He said or claimed he was under contract by his polish club to turn up for them, and the pairs meeting was not an official FIM meeting.

• Like 2

Did you read his statement? He said or claimed he was under contract by his polish club to turn up for them, and the pairs meeting was not an official FIM meeting.

Then why accept the Pairs meeting in the first place?

personally have had so much criticism about my anti-Anderson posts that no way I am going to remark about the fact that the "Great Dane" would rather compete in a quarter final of the Danish Championship than ride for Coventry.

Only hope that come 25th May that he hasn't booked an appointment with his hairdresser at the same time that he could be riding against Kings Lynn.

Im fairly certain if he didn't ride in Denmark they would suspend his licence anyway so what's he to do? Also he tweeted that he attempted to come back but was half an hour too late after his meeting was rained off. Not sure what your expect from him. Has he got some hold over you?

i wasn't at the meeting last night but again this season i feel the lions supporters have been let down.

fair play to the guests that were drafted in especially Brady Kurtz who is definitely one for the future and to my knowledge hasn't ridden BP before but us fans deserve better.

We have a captain in Doyley who is a total professional and gives 100% every time,Sy Wozniak young inexperienced but 100%

What i find baffling is why we over looked Joonas when Eastbourne cleared out and we signed Pedersen and Mikkelsen.

I seem to recall the Bees fans wanting Havvy out but he has turned things around because he has riders that want to ride for him I'm not sure if we can say the same for our management having lost Mads last season and now Bjarne

I really used to enjoy PL speedway and hoped the EL would better but I'm not sure it is.

• Like 1

So you'd be fine with say tai missing the British final to ride in a danish club meeting?

So you are saying all riders that ride in the EL should put the EL ahead of their own countries championships?

Yea right!

The expected result for the Bees - just to think Wolves were linked to signing Bjarne pre season, thankfully that never happened!

• Like 1

Have to wonder what's going wrong at Leicester with riders quitting over the past couple of years.

Have to assume it's Norrie after that damaging rant last night. Riders will talk to each other, so he really should button it and not air his dirty laundry in public.

Anyhow, I'm told that Bridger could be the signing and, in my opinion, it's not the answer to Lions woes.

• Like 1

I agree with he he has just turned his back on the British speedway scene. e should have been proud to have rode in the pairs, but he prfered to go and ride in a practice sesion, then meet his sponsers which could have been done any other day and then meet with a Polish mayor, some prority to his country.

Lets hope we get some good young lads coming through the system and they can then tell him to go and stay in Poland.

Tai HAD to practice, not prefered as you put it! Its in his contract, simple!!
  • Like 1

Pedersen put a statement out on twitter. Says he is sorry!!

The same sentiment is repeated in the official Leicester statement on their website.

Have to wonder what's going wrong at Leicester with riders quitting over the past couple of years.

Have to assume it's Norrie after that damaging rant last night. Riders will talk to each other, so he really should button it and not air his dirty laundry in public.

Anyhow, I'm told that Bridger could be the signing and, in my opinion, it's not the answer to Lions woes.

I agree. Bridger can be good but gives us easily. Also not very commited and easily distracted by things going on outside of speedway.

I'm so glad we didn't end up with him at Coventry.

Question is when the Lions knew they had Brady Kurtz booked in as a guest the day before, then why couldn't they at least post this on their website? I assume it was in the hope that nobody would find out and therefore not turn up. But it's not very professional the paying punters not knowing who's riding at 19:15

• Like 3

Nice words from Bjarne (apparently) and a similar response from The Leicester Management upon The Lions website.

Notwithstanding this, I really don't understand why he couldn't have ridden one more meeting last night - and then leave just prior to the break in fixtures over the next few weeks. It would have given him a final opportunity to shine, hopefully repay the loyal fans with a decent performance and, most importantly, not basically leave the team scratching around for a replacement at such short notice. To announce your resignation so late in the day is pretty despicable in my view; and a kick in the gonads for everyone involved with the club. Extremely unprofessional, selfish attitude.

Whether Lewis Bridger returns is another question. He's made more retirements and subsequent comebacks than John Conteh! Suffice to say he's an entertainer - albeit loved by some and disliked by others.

I wish him, and Leicester Speedway well - even if we will be fighting you for the wooden spoon. ;)

Doyles tapes offence evened things out ! Robson never at the races and king/morris very average the real reason we made hard work of winning !

Harris admitted that he caused the offence when Doyle was excluded.

The riders that quit Leicester last season also said that they were quitting British Speedway and so why is it particarily Norrie at fault. I think Norrie is a much better TM than last season.

As far as speaking the truth, supporters moan when they are told nothing but then moan that the riders will not like it when he speaks his mind in public.

• Like 1

Nice words from Bjarne (apparently) and a similar response from The Leicester Management upon The Lions website.

Notwithstanding this, I really don't understand why he couldn't have ridden one more meeting last night - and then leave just prior to the break in fixtures over the next few weeks. It would have given him a final opportunity to shine, hopefully repay the loyal fans with a decent performance and, most importantly, not basically leave the team scratching around for a replacement at such short notice. To announce your resignation so late in the day is pretty despicable in my view; and a kick in the gonads for everyone involved with the club. Extremely unprofessional, selfish attitude.

Strange how some people knew about this as long ago as Wednesday 29th April, yet the Leicester promotion 'didn't find out until the day before yesterday'??! Maybe they should have had better communication/relationship with their riders!!

I agree. Bridger can be good but gives us easily. Also not very commited and easily distracted by things going on outside of speedway.

I'm so glad we didn't end up with him at Coventry.

Where did you get the Bridger news from ?