British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

British Youth Championship - Round 1, Scunthorpe, May 10th, 2015

SPEEDWAY FOR A FIVER, AS YOUNGSTERS TAKE SPOTLIGHT

THE VERY BEST young riders in Great Britain descend on Scunthorpe’s Eddie Wright Raceway on Sunday (start-time 3pm), for the opening round of the Mitas British Youth Championship.

It’s a bumper day of action, with no fewer than 51 riders, all aged 16 or below, due to compete in 55 races – the largest-ever entry for a round of the championship.

And the meeting is very good value for money, with an admission price of £5 for all adults, while all accompanied children will be admitted free.

There are a host of riders from the amateur meetings held at Scunthorpe on display.

Scunthorpe’s Youth Co-ordinator Richard Hollingsworth said: “As always, we’re massively proud to stage a round of the British Youth Championship. Quite a few faces will be familiar to those who attend our amateur meetings here at the Eddie Wright Raceway.

“There are over fifty riders competing in total on Sunday, and I don’t think that figure has been achieved before for a round of the championship. It should be a great afternoon’s speedway.

“Josh Auty, the No 1 for the Scunthorpe Scorpions, was the first-ever winner of the 500cc championship in 2004. Who knows, a future Scorpions’ No 1 might be on parade on Sunday.”

Admission Prices for Sunday:
All adults: £5.00
Child (0 – 17) Free (accompanied by paying adult)

Sunday’s line-up:

500cc class: Sam Woolley, Mitchell Beckett, Jack Parkinson, Sam Wright, Kieron Douglas, Jamie Halder, Saul Bulley, Lewis Whitmore, Luke McKenna, Jack Thomas, Macauley Leek, Stephen Whitehouse, William O’Keefe, Sam Chapman.

250cc class: Chad Wirtzfeld, Tom Brennan, Kyle Bickley, Daniel Gilkes, Jordan Jenkins, Luke Woodhull, Ben Woodhull, Kean Dicken, Anders Rowe.

150cc class: Jordan Palin, Sam Stead, Nathan Ablitt, Jolyon West, Jason Edwards, James Laker, Kieron McCoy, Ryan Morris, Taylor Hampshire, Lewis Millar, Leon Flint, Mason O’Rourke, Sam Hagon.

125cc class: Luke Moore, Harry McGurk, Sam McGurk, Taya Thirtle, Joe Thompson, Dan Thompson, Sheldon Davies, Mickie Simpson, Bailey Fellows, James Hitchen, Jack Wright, Jay Farish, Alex Goldsbrough, Niall Cleaver, Corban Pavitt.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Good look to my little mates Luke McKenna Kean Dicken. Leon flint. James hitchen

Would love to see them all win there. Classes. Stay lads

Edited by lady s 2

Cannot find this on Updates, does any one know if results are shown anywhere.

Edit now being shown on updates, thanks Sue, Texter Alan and Updater Rhys

Edited by A ORLOV

I've just returned from this meeting, what a great effort from the kids.. some real talents on show. Huge well done to all concerned.

I joked about someone doing updates for this meeting, never thought someone would actually do it...I take my hat of to the updates team...55 races in something like 2 and half hours, that's some going.

I was parked near Kyle Bickley's van. Not a happy bunny after losing his steel shoe in the final.

I've just returned from this meeting, what a great effort from the kids.. some real talents on show. Huge well done to all concerned.

I joked about someone doing updates for this meeting, never thought someone would actually do it...I take my hat of to the updates team...55 races in something like 2 and half hours, that's some going.

If the offer is there of a texter, I will try everything to get it covered....even if sometimes I really really have to persuade people :lol:

This one was easy to cover, an offer of a texter without chasing for one and an offer of an updater without having to chase for one, the easiest one of the day to be honest, although I cannot promise that for further rounds (hint hint).

The thought of not covering or not bothering doesn't cross my mind, these youngsters are the future of British speedway and deserve the same amount of effort (if not more) from us as the older and more established guys.

• Like 3

If the offer is there of a texter, I will try everything to get it covered....even if sometimes I really really have to persuade people :lol:

This one was easy to cover, an offer of a texter without chasing for one and an offer of an updater without having to chase for one, the easiest one of the day to be honest, although I cannot promise that for further rounds (hint hint).

The thought of not covering or not bothering doesn't cross my mind, these youngsters are the future of British speedway and deserve the same amount of effort (if not more) from us as the older and more established guys.

I was incident reporting and timekeeping at this meeting...at times it was a real struggle keeping up with paperwork and the pace of the meeting, no sooner one race had finished they were lining up for the next, it was relentless.... I commented or rather wondered if anyone was texting any updates.... like I said earlier, hats off, the texter, must be a whizz with phones :) Its a great service...and I agree, these kids deserve it just as much as the older ones.

• Like 1

Looking at the result of the 125 final, made me wonder, when was the last time there was a race with only 2 families represented as was the case here with the Thompsons and McGurks?

I was incident reporting and timekeeping at this meeting...at times it was a real struggle keeping up with paperwork and the pace of the meeting, no sooner one race had finished they were lining up for the next, it was relentless.... I commented or rather wondered if anyone was texting any updates.... like I said earlier, hats off, the texter, must be a whizz with phones :) Its a great service...and I agree, these kids deserve it just as much as the older ones.

Texter and updater is already sorted for round 2 at eastbourne too, me texting with fozzie updating, looking forward to it youngsters always provide some good races

Texter and updater is already sorted for round 2 at eastbourne too, me texting with fozzie updating, looking forward to it youngsters always provide some good races

Ah good! I'll be able to watch some of the racing!

Looking at the result of the 125 final, made me wonder, when was the last time there was a race with only 2 families represented as was the case here with the Thompsons and McGurks?

I was thinking the same. Of course it could have occured during the time of the Collins family!

Congratulations to Dan and Joe on their first and third in the 125s.