Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromafar

Glasgow V Sheffield

Decent night's speedway on Sky, If I lived up that way I would definitely consider going to watch speedway @ Glasgow on a regular basis, I know there wasn't much passing but the riding was spectacular, very reminiscent of visits to the Shay on a good few Saturday nights.

Andre Compton the stand out rider for me, always love watching him ride, a real thrills n spills merchant and usually has plenty of speed.

• Like 1

Not like Sargeant to move at the start!!!!!!!

Does his bike usually pack up on the line?

• Like 1

Never been to Ashfield, looks like a nice race track and worth a visit at some point. Thought overall it was a decent meeting and Sheffield could have come away with a point with a bit more luck - Andre arguably dropped a point or 2 by hitting his kill switch. Garrity was in a decent position to score points when Lawson knocked his chain off and Garrity was in the lead when he abandoned ship, considering the loss of Proctor I thought we did alright.

Thanks to Josh G - entertaining rider and a cracking race to stalk Sargeant

• Like 2

I enjoyed that and loved the improvements that have been made at the club. Just hope Glasgow Speedway can keep a hold of all them fans.

Looking forward to going to Glasgow this year.

• Like 1

Good to see the place smartened up and a very healthy crowd. Racing was entertaining and good to see Compton riding well.

Hasn't been a great start to the season on TV with some poor EL stuff, the Warsaw fiasco and the Pairs meetings been hit by the weather so was good to have a meeting that showed the sport in a positive light.

• Like 5

Tonight has proved what some of us have been saying all along.

Get a good crowd into the stadium and an average meeting will look that much better.

Had tonights meeting been raced in front of a sparse crowd like many TV matches are, it wouldn't be getting the praise it is now.

That's not a knock on it, I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Does his bike usually pack up on the line?

Thought that would be a bit too complicated for you to understand,never mind.

Well done to all at Glasgow speedway for a good showing in front of a great live crowd and TV audience despite very iffy weather for several days and the competing glamorous football match on TV........... and to Josh and Andre for making a fight of it. Highlights for me were:-

3rd - Josh's excellent tactical ride in heat 11

2nd - Dimitri snatching Nick's new track record in heat 5 thanks the close attentions of Josh

1st - Aaron's masterful shepherding of Rafael in heat 12 despite Birks' best efforts

Even the Lord Provost seemed very impressed by the Facennas' investment and vision.

Onwards and upwards for the Caledonian Tiggs !

• Like 5

Glad someone else mentioned Aaron in heat 12. I thought he was superb the way he protected his temporary team mate yet the commentators barely mentioned it and worse went on a short while later to bemoan that in their opinion team riding was dead! Err Mr Summers in ht 12 proved otherwise

• Like 7

Very enjoyable viewing tonight, with some pretty good racing considering the weather. The place looked great on TV and it's hard to believe it's the same track I visited at the tail end of last season. The big crowd, great camera work and enthusiastic commentators (much maligned - unfairly in my opinion) made it exciting viewing.

Perhaps it's because we don't see them very often, but Premier meetings always seem much better on TV than Elite ones.

Anyway congratulations to all at Glasgow Speedway on all the improvements and putting on a great show tonight.

• Like 5

Average meeting but a lot better than what normally gets served up on Sky

Josh G pass in heat 11 was differnt class leg back and ride the fence fantastic stuff. Berge was entertaining as always round Ashfield great to watch.

Shocker from the ref to exclude bates the pole should of went is it was his fault, Bates was slighty ahead as they went to turn the Pole should of shut off as he was never getting across him into the corner the minute he decided he wasn't going to it was always going to end up in a crash.

Nice to see some things don't change though Kozza still out of control, Sarjeant still loves a running start and Bates is still a plonker without a brain.

P.S your still the wee team in scotland though ;)

Edited by Mr Blobby

Good meeting on Sky tonight and it looked as though it was well promoted. I just hope at the end of the season if the Elite league needs further propping up they will not put pressure on Glasgow stepping up and allow the new promotion to make that decision when they feel it is ready.