British Speedway Forum
WembleyLion

Peterborough V Glasgow 15 May - Postponed

Just in case anyone was thinking of going on Friday this meeting has been called off. It was announced at the meeting this evening and is confirmed on the Peterborough website.

Feel sorry for any Glasgow fans who were planning taking in Ipswich on Thursday and then Peterborough.

I'm sorry but this is a joke how can the stadium just become unavailable 5 days before the meeting?

People have taken days of work for this and booked places to stay etc. Poor show from the panthers.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 7

Just in case anyone was thinking of going on Friday this meeting has been called off. It was announced at the meeting this evening and is confirmed on the Peterborough website.

Feel sorry for any Glasgow fans who were planning taking in Ipswich on Thursday and then Peterborough.

i bet there are a few aswell, disgusting!!

and is confirmed on the Peterborough website.

is it?

Yes take a look!

Can't see anything, where should I be looking?

Not the first time this has happened this year, 25 people from Sheffield had booked to go to Plymouth on the 8th May, at 2 weeks notice it gets changed to the 15th May with no reason given. Its totally unacceptable, between us it's cost us hundreds of pounds in lost hotel bookings.

That's one of many reasons why there are no travelling supporters to speedway anymore.

• Like 4

I know that,. Considering the fuss I thought that there was a news item?

"I'm sorry but this is a joke how can the stadium just become unavailable 5 days before the meeting?"

Because if the EoES says jump then we ask how high. However they also added that this major event is on over the weekend and they wanted more preparation time on Friday - The MCN Festival of Motorcycling 2015 - we have some free dates available so agreed. Don't want to upset the landlords or let people know with short notice. Otherwise we have to invoke the health and safety excuse & we know what happens then. Handled competently by management IMO.

The days of lots of space and access roads at the EoES are long gone. For set up it's one way in and one way out and events seem to want lots of set up time with nobody who isn't involved getting in the way or playing with their stuff!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

I know that ...

!

Strange that you should act dumb and pretend there was no confirmation of the meeting being off then!

Strange that you should act dumb and pretend there was no confirmation of the meeting being off then!

Although "OFF" is confirmation it's a bit short on detail which I thought that you were saying was on the website, but clearly not. If you heard the announcement then you heard the explanation, so rather that starting a thread short on detail which'll get some of the intelligencia excited, do it properly!

I know off one bus that is going down for Ipswich on Thursday and they were supposed to move on to Peterborough on Friday Hotels have been booked but wether they use them now is unclear not having much luck with getting some meeting's in so far between the weather and now this.

I'm sorry but this is a joke how can the stadium just become unavailable 5 days before the meeting?

People have taken days of work for this and booked places to stay etc. Poor show from the panthers.

You mean "poor show from the panthers landlords". - you really need to be a local to understand how they operate these days so you are forgiven for your criticism of the club. I am 100% certain our Promoters would wish to be racing on Friday if it were possible but we are a sideshow these days compared to the "main events" frequently held on this site.

You mean "poor show from the panthers landlords". - you really need to be a local to understand how they operate these days so you are forgiven for your criticism of the club. I am 100% certain our Promoters would wish to be racing on Friday if it were possible but we are a sideshow these days compared to the "main events" frequently held on this site.

The more interesting question is why the organisers of the MCN, suddenly objected to the Speedway running while they set up for the event.

This was a long standing arrangement by both parties and is particularly galling as I understand the MCN organisers are actually making use of the Peterborough Panthers air fence. The Showground were not the primary cause of this particular issue.

Terry