British Speedway Forum
WembleyLion

Peterborough V Glasgow 15 May - Postponed

Confirmed here

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2469.2

Frustrating I know but I guess only told by landlords when they arrived yesterday afternoon.

That comparable to "OFF" tbh. It's the detail that's missing although I appreciate that apart from rumour or knowing a man who knows then that's as much as we'll get.. As Tel says, neither event has appeared out of the ether so what's changed?

Bit rich about the air fence if true. Hopefully it's being rented and damage will be paid for. Usually, allegedly, they sit their beer on it our use it to stub out their fags.

• Like 1

The more interesting question is why the organisers of the MCN, suddenly objected to the Speedway running while they set up for the event.

This was a long standing arrangement by both parties and is particularly galling as I understand the MCN organisers are actually making use of the Peterborough Panthers air fence. The Showground were not the primary cause of this particular issue.

Terry

You are right it certainly is interesting - you are obviously someone that knows more than I (and other fans from those I spoke to last night) so please tell us more.

You are right it certainly is interesting - you are obviously someone that knows more than I (and other fans from those I spoke to last night) so please tell us more.

Manacat

Wish I did know more - only a fan. However in a previous life I was an analyst and its a skill you can use to pick up various snippets from various individuals put them together logically and sometimes get a credible answer!! :-)

I've said what I have heard - unfortunately I don't know any more.

I suspect in a lot of circumstances there is a lot more information available to individuals helping/involved with the club - but they keep the information to themselves as they do not want the club to censured by the 'Pronouncements of the Clowns from the Circus in Rugby". I suspect there is a fear of fines being applied to clubs by the Clowns for "Bringing the sport into disrepute" - in other words gagging orders!!

Terry

• Like 1

the Clowns from the Circus in Rugby". I suspect there is a fear of fines being applied to clubs by the Clowns for "Bringing the sport into disrepute"

Terry

Oh you do make me larf Tel. No one club can do as much damage as that lot but as we seem to be on their good side these days, best to roll over and have our tummy tickled I agree. If only Frost had done the same!

Edited by Crump99

Oh you do make me larf Tel. No one club can do a much damage as that lot but as we seem to be on their good side these days, best to roll over and have our tummy tickled I agree. If only Frost had done the same!

Hi Trev

Glad to make you smile!

I'm not sure we are on their" good side" I suspect Ged's knowledge of them and his attitude - gives them far less room to play their games. I can never work out if the clowns do it deliberately or that they are inept and incompetent. Hmm I have an opinion but I wont share it quite yet.

I also suspect they spend more time playing games in the "Elite League" rather than Premier League. Another reason I prefer the Premier League.

I'm surprised that you have not mentioned or reminded me that my most favourite rider NOT has been getting a few mentions in Social media recently ( well at least one tweet - I unfortunately opened). A missed opportunity for you perhaps!! :lol:

All the best

Tel

When did this come to light , it's been on the fixture list since January . So we've bought our train tickets online and booked our hotel , there's no other sport that treats it's fans as badly as speedway does

• Like 2

When did this come to light , it's been on the fixture list since January . So we've bought our train tickets online and booked our hotel , there's no other sport that treats it's fans as badly as speedway does

Yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon.

Pathetic

Your right,it's unbelievable and they will just say it's nobody's fault on the Speedway side of things.Pathetic.

why dont you look at the open fixtures for the tigers/panthers riders and see who will be missing when the date is chosen . maybe its because that the tigers could be missing a rider or two and are at a disadvantage in the rearranged fixture. ... well thought out........................ if the track was so iffy, why was it run last night ?

peterborough always have a good racing surface, but last night was an exception. still too good for worky though with our sh/t reserves...

Edited by jenga

Angry and livid beyond belief - what an absolute insult from Peterborough to Glasgow supporters . I personally have flights booked to Stansted Fri return Sat. Also return train Stansted to Peterborough and then my hotel.

This is just completely unacceptable and unfortunately sets a very dangerous precedent of calling off fixtures at short notice and it going unpunished .How can a Fixture List ever be trusted now for planning away trips

As a club whose promotion has willingly let you use Richard Lawson on numerous occasions already as a guest this season it leaves a very ,very sour taste indeed.

I know Paulco exactly how you feel !!!

There's no other sport that treats it's fans as badly as speedway does

Sad but true mate, supporters are always the last ones considered when decisions are made in speedway, then promoters moan when there are no crowds. Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 2

This is a shame for all the reasons given but also from a panthers point of view another unwanted break in the middle of a good run of form.

• Like 2

Cancelled my hotel and I can still use my train tickets from Ipswich to Peterborough and just head up to Scunthorpe from there . Scunthorpe v Rye House wasn't the meeting I wanted to see on Friday , but it's on my way home and better than kicking my heels in Peterborough .

Could always head over to Kings lynn see kings lynn v Stoke in the NL

Edited by mac101